Blackhawks Fire Quenneville

radoran

All things come to an end.

Joel Quenneville who has coached the Hawks for a decade plus was fired this morning and replaced with 33 year old Rockford (AHL) coach Jeremy Colliton. The Hawks also fired assistants Ulf Samuelsson and Kevin Dineen.

Quenneville is the second winningest coach in NHL history with 890 career wins.

My own thoughts, Stan Bowman the teams GM and coach Q have been engaged in an internal battle for several years over personnel and rumors everywhere are they simply do not care for each other. A GM can fire a coach, a coach cannot fire a GM.....

In truth, the team is old slow and stale with limited talent beyond the aging core,  Quenneville probably has gone stale after a decade beind the bench but it likely does not matter who coaches the team, they are looking at a bleak immediate future no matter who is behind the bench.

Was he fired? Told he wasn't up to standards as a coach....the team was sinking not swimming, and somebody should teach these morons how to skate.... 

Or relieved of his duties? Saves him from going nuts trying to make this team win.... many of them have tuned him out.....

All semantics, I guess. Was her offered the proverbial position within the organization (special assistant for skate sharpening logistics). 

1 hour ago, Icechipper said:

Was he fired? Told he wasn't up to standards as a coach....the team was sinking not swimming, and somebody should teach these morons how to skate.... 

Or relieved of his duties? Saves him from going nuts trying to make this team win.... many of them have tuned him out.....

All semantics, I guess. Was her offered the proverbial position within the organization (special assistant for skate sharpening logistics). 

po-tay-to poh-tah-to

Blood is in the water.

Now will there be a blood letting for his services?

LA?

St. Louis?

Minnesota?

Anaheim?

Philly?

Buffalo?

We'll see heads roll soon with another team wanting to jump to coach Q?

We could seen soon.

I think something with happen shortly.

Archived