Flyers and Quenneville?

elmatus

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

They tried to introduce Holmgren to a computer, but kept breaking the CD disc holder on the laptop. He tried to use it as a coffee cup holder.

'hey! Where's my damn cookie? On' The Santa Claus' you got a cookie out of this thing. I want my cookie! Dammit, Ron!"

So here's the thing about this and the stench of incompetence that will linger like a beer and  taco doritos fart.

There are two men's livelihoods being gossiped over without regard for the actual men. 

If this is indeed happening Q comes into town with his announcement botched.  Hakstol doesn't deserve to learn of his fate over social media either. 

This is a monkey ****** a football. 

15 minutes ago, FD19372 said:
23 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Good grief,  this team can't even fire a guy right.

Holmgren is still trying to figure out how to use his typewriter to create the termination letter.

image.png.e4f214237635e31c245bfdd9beb19e0c.png

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

So here's the thing about this and the stench of incompetence that will linger like a beer and  taco doritos fart.

There are two men's livelihoods being gossiped over without regard for the actual men. 

If this is indeed happening Q comes into town with his announcement botched.  Hakstol doesn't deserve to learn of his fate over social media either. 

all joking aside ...you are absolutely correct.  I can't believe how royally effed up this who Flyers organization has handled both the former GM and current coach .....

13 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

all joking aside ...you are absolutely correct.  I can't believe how royally effed up this who Flyers organization has handled both the former GM and current coach .....

Come on...are we really surprised at this s*it show?

23 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Yup. Exactly this. 

I actually really appreciated the tight ship when it came to rumours under Hextall. This nonsense just makes the organization look confused and lacking integrity. 

51 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

He wouldn't be the first fired by tweet. 

28 minutes ago, brelic said:

Yup. Exactly this. 

I actually really appreciated the tight ship when it came to rumours under Hextall. This nonsense just makes the organization look confused and lacking integrity. 

Was it quiet because Hextall was tight lipped or because he never had anything happening.  Seriously asking, though I guess it could be both. 

46 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I'm not trying to be a prick here, but I think I may be missing something.  Isn't all this just rumor right now?  Did the flyers officially announce something that I didnt see?  If that's not the case, did they screw up anything?

I feel like everyone expects it to happen, rumors are started, nothing has happened yet, and now people think the flyers have done a bad job with the announcement of a decision that they haven't made yet.  Maybe I'm wrong?

2 minutes ago, icehole said:

I'm not trying to be a prick here, but I think I may be missing something.  Isn't all this just rumor right now?  Did the flyers officially announce something that I didnt see?  If that's not the case, did they screw up anything?

I feel like everyone expects it to happen, rumors are started, nothing has happened yet, and now people think the flyers have done a bad job with the announcement of a decision that they haven't made yet.  Maybe I'm wrong?

I think the fact there were pretty emphatic reports coming from ordinarily plugged in people that some of this can be blamed on *members* of the organization, if not the organization at large

While I generally think Isaac is a tool, credible, credentialled reporters don't say "Sources tell me..." unless sources told them. That's a good way to not have a job. Note that Isaac wasn't really couching his language much, aside from possibly the Quenneville "Will accept" bit.

Even Quenneville denying it directly could easily be solely because the team literally hasn't fired Hakstol. 

But the way this is coming out is an incredibly bad look, whether they fire him now or not.

22 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Was it quiet because Hextall was tight lipped or because he never had anything happening.  Seriously asking, though I guess it could be both. 

I think back on all the trades and signings, and don’t remember hearing about any of them. It was always quietly done. 

Under Holmgren, as we’ve seen since Hextall’s been fired, we are all over the rumour mill again. Just like when he was GM. 

It’s personality based. Maybe Homer is more of a straight shooter with people, and he’s not super concerned about leaks. He just goes about his business regardless. It’s just noise. 

The downside of that approach is what we’re seeing tonight. It can be damaging. 

Fwiw, Meltzer said that the Flyers practice tomorrow, and Dave Hakstol will be running it. He said it in those definitive terms. 

10 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

While I generally think Isaac is a tool, credible, credentialled reporters don't say "Sources tell me..." unless sources told them. That's a good way to not have a job. Note that Isaac wasn't really couching his language much, aside from possibly the Quenneville "Will accept" bit.

Even Quenneville denying it directly could easily be solely because the team literally hasn't fired Hakstol. 

But the way this is coming out is an incredibly bad look, whether they fire him now or not.

Now, whoever leaked this info to the press, should be canned.

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

Fwiw, Meltzer said that the Flyers practice tomorrow, and Dave Hakstol will be running it. He said it in those definitive terms. 

I'm glad, because Dave Hakstol's practices are clearly quite effective. 

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Now, whoever leaked this info to the press, should be canned.

Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked, have been sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

27 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Dont get me wrong, I do believe this will happen, and it will probably happen pretty soon.  I just dont know how the team is screwing this up in any way.

I'm just going to sit back and wait for my phone to blow up.

Archived