Flyers and Quenneville?

elmatus

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Would this also mean Keith is coming to Philly if Q is hired?

I remember @brelic suggested this awhile back

He could be a good vet presence. Not happy about the length of his contract.

He is only due 14.5 mill in actual salary though.

However I would require two things.

They take half his cap hit. And take Mcdud in exchange for him.

To even consider this at all

and a NTC

20 minutes ago, flyersfan35 said:

cant they say they'll have rick wilson coach temporary until joel q comes in?

Sure they could I'm not saying what they will do.

Just guessing is all.

Time will tell soon I think.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm sure he would waive it to play for Q again.

maybe, but then again likely not, imo.  Keith's residence is likely in Chicago... I'd think it wouldn't be a #1 choice to move in the last years of a contract for a coach. 

41 minutes ago, vis said:

And how has that worked out for them thus far?

Q probably knew his team couldn't play that way, hence the reluctance.  

Chicago was in the bottom tier last season and the beginning of this season under Quenneville.   I think the Hawks have played better recently under Colliton, won 3 of their last 4.

10 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I think an interesting part of a possible Quenneville hire is the hiring of his assistant coaches Kevin Dineen and or Ulf Samuelsson.

Or Mike Kitchen if Wilson wants to move on and retire. 

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Chicago was in the bottom tier last season and the beginning of this season under Quenneville.   I think the Hawks have played better recently under Colliton, won 3 of their last 4.

Gotcha.  I thought the lost 8 in a row at one point.  Maybe before this recent streak.

Replying to
If coach Q is going to be the guy as is very widely rumored, well, he's very much a vet-oriented coach at this point except for truly stellar young players who "play like vets". So if you want a "play the young guys through the growing pains" type, they'd need to look elsewhere

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:
Replying to
If coach Q is going to be the guy as is very widely rumored, well, he's very much a vet-oriented coach at this point except for truly stellar young players who "play like vets". So if you want a "play the young guys through the growing pains" type, they'd need to look elsewhere

So, which one of the young guys gets traded first? 

Multiple sources tell the Courier Post that the Flyers will announce the firing of Hakstol Sunday night or Monday morning.

Sources also indicated that Joel Quenneville, a three-time Stanley Cup champion with the Chicago Blackhawks, has been offered the position and accepted it. It’s unknown if he will make his debut Tuesday night when the Flyers play against the Detroit Red Wings at home or after the holiday break. If he waits, look for Lehigh Valley Phantoms coach Scott Gordon to be an interim head coach until Quenneville joins the club.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Multiple sources tell the Courier Post that the Flyers will announce the firing of Hakstol Sunday night or Monday morning.

Sources also indicated that Joel Quenneville, a three-time Stanley Cup champion with the Chicago Blackhawks, has been offered the position and accepted it. It’s unknown if he will make his debut Tuesday night when the Flyers play against the Detroit Red Wings at home or after the holiday break. If he waits, look for Lehigh Valley Phantoms coach Scott Gordon to be an interim head coach until Quenneville joins the club.

Will they fire Scott Gordon when they lose 10-2? Fire all things!:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Poulin20 said:

FWIW Andy Strickland a reporter for Fox Sports Midwest who covers the Blues says that reports of Q accepting a job here are untrue as per the Q man himself

https://mobile.twitter.com/andystrickland/status/1074417870803791872

He can't announce it until the Flyers are ready for that to happen.

In due time I think tomorrow morning.

1 minute ago, Poulin20 said:

FWIW Andy Strickland a reporter for Fox Sports Midwest who covers the Blues says that reports of Q accepting a job here are untrue

https://mobile.twitter.com/andystrickland/status/1074417870803791872

If...OK When they fire Hakstol tonight or tomorrow, we'll know the truth. Perhaps there's a bit of jealousy going on in St. Louis.

Archived