Flyers and Quenneville?

elmatus

If you read the thread from Carchidi's tweet I posted above... you'll see that someone wrote that he just heard on KYW radio that Hak was out and Q is in.

Like WTAF? 

I betcha Hak leaked the story of his own firing. Best way to send the powers that be into an organizational tail spin lol.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd bet KYW is just running off of Isaac's report, like all of the national/international outlets did. They strike me as more of an AP type of local news source, with a few dedicated reporters. 

8 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I'd bet KYW is just running off of Isaac's report, like all of the national/international outlets did. They strike me as more of an AP type of local news source, with a few dedicated reporters. 

Maybe, but it was discredited / refuted by the Flyers last night, so there's no reason for them to be running with that narrative, right?

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

Maybe, but it was discredited / refuted by the Flyers last night, so there's no reason for them to be running with that narrative, right?

It wasn't really, though. They just did the hockey version of "No Comment." I haven't seen any other source stating that it's happening, so I doubt that KYW, of all outlets, scooped everyone. It would be all over WIP, as they are both owned by the same company. 

On 11/6/2018 at 2:39 PM, brelic said:

This is confusing to me. 100+ points put the Flyers in the top 4 or 5 in the conference. How is that not a contender? 

I get that we have goalie issues, 'youth' issues related to inexperience and development, and questionable coaching. But if the team can still manage to rack up 100+ points, they are a contender in my mind. The same way every other 100+ point team is a contender, yet the same way ALL of them will fail to make it to the Cup final except one.

We are not alone in having 'issues.' 

You are correct that you are not alone having issues. But how do you think its possible for them to get 100 points with this kind of start?  Are you kidding?

IF the Flyers went 35-16 in their remaining games they would still be 2 points short of 100.  WAKE UP

Please do not get Quenville if you want to win

This entire situation is a complete mess.  This organization is an embarrassment.

Q should be looking at this situation and saying no way am I going to that circus.

Between this and the Buffalo wings post, Hextall must be lol'ing pretty loud right now.

Is it bad that I am interested i seeing this completely blow up in their face?  I don't know why I feel that way, but I kind of do.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

My take on that, if true, is the moron who leaked what was going on p*ssed off Quenneville.

That was my thought last night, and I hinted at it when I was talking about how the org was screwing the pooch with how they were handling the whole mess. If in fact the sources that talked to Isaac (and Driver, she actually had said something before the Vancouver game) were right, the way the story broke and the circus that followed could very well have soured him on joining the team.

Or they could have been completely wrong. But Meltzer wrote in his blog about "how almost there and likely can change in a second..." which leads me to believe that there's some underlying truth to our theory.

Just now, vis said:

@FD19372 and @AJgoal

Wouldn't be surprising.  Wouldn't touch this organization if I was Quenneville.

What a disaster.

Anyone want Hextall back?

Never wanted him gone. To adjust maybe? Sure. But you can't sell me on the idea that the bad old days aren't coming back.

Just now, AJgoal said:

Never wanted him gone. To adjust maybe? Sure. But you can't sell me on the idea that the bad old days aren't coming back.

I never thought he "must go," but I also thought he wasn't doing a good job with the pro team.  

This is all Dave Scott's doing.

I believe Holmgren is a soldier and nothing more and the reason why that press conference was a mess was because he couldn't defend the move.  But he had to carry it out at Scott's demand and be the messenger to Hextall and in the press conference.   I still can't get out of my mind that odd, congratulatory handshake between he and Scott at the end of the conference...who does that?

The bad old days are already here...

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

You are correct that you are not alone having issues. But how do you think its possible for them to get 100 points with this kind of start?  Are you kidding?

IF the Flyers went 35-16 in their remaining games they would still be 2 points short of 100.  WAKE UP

Please do not get Quenville if you want to win

Umm, I posted that over a month ago. 

I don't know if Q was really an option or if it was just the product of the rumour mill, but I would think this fiasco is enough to make him reevaluate if indeed he was even considering coming here at all.

And to be honest, I'm not sure he would consider coming to PHI anyway. He's already said he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild. The Flyers aren't exactly on the bubble.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

I also want to see whoever leaked this story fired immediately, for the sake of whatever is left of the Flyer organization's integrity.

Are there any “Camp Hextall” people left in the organization? If so, I would look at them.

1 minute ago, Samifan said:

Are there any “Camp Hextall” people left in the organization? If so, I would look at them.

Well, the people of questionable intelligence who are running the organization should know who they are. They need to go to. There can't be any divisiveness in loyalty, or the organization won't function as it should.

Archived