Trade on NHL Network. Rumor

Jam1986

1 minute ago, King Knut said:

He's a LOT better than Weal or Lehtera.  

Well talking about setting the bar high...

...hey you could throw Simmer or Jake in on a Rakell trade if you want fine by me.

This is a guy I would want in in orange and black.

If mean if you are going to throw Sanheim in on a trade Nylander ain't the guy I am doing it for is all I'm saying.

And there are many more I would target before Nylander Rakell is just one I have like for awhile.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well talking about setting the bar high...

...hey you could throw Simmer or Jake in on a Rakell trade if you want fine by me.

This is a guy I would want in in orange and black.

If mean if you are going to throw Sanheim in on a trade Nylander ain't the guy I am doing it for is all I'm saying.

And there are many more I would target before Nylander Rakell is just one I have like for awhile.

Dude's on a sweetheart deal for a few more years.  Can't imagine the Ducks would part with him.  

He's like their version of Jake or Simmer 5 years ago.  If they're going to compete at all while they rebuild, he's going to be a key.

I don't have the hate on for Nylander some seem to. I think he's going to be elite somewhere, so why not here?

That said, I'm not sure I like the price tag. Rumour for a while was that he's looking for 8 million a year. I like the guy, but he just doesn't have the resume yet to command that price imo, and we've got a bunch of youngins of our own we'll be having to pay over the next bit.

I'm not saying I hate the idea, or that it's impossible, but the money does make me hesitate. He may very well turn out to be worth 8m. He has plenty of talent and potential. I just wouldn't want to be handcuffed financially with all the kiddos we have coming up the ranks.

If Sanheim and Simmonds can get it done, I would consider it, but Hexy better have a plan in place to pay folks down the line.

10 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I don't have the hate on for Nylander some seem to. I think he's going to be elite somewhere, so why not here?

That said, I'm not sure I like the price tag. Rumour for a while was that he's looking for 8 million a year. I like the guy, but he just doesn't have the resume yet to command that price imo, and we've got a bunch of youngins of our own we'll be having to pay over the next bit.

I'm not saying I hate the idea, or that it's impossible, but the money does make me hesitate. He may very well turn out to be worth 8m. He has plenty of talent and potential. I just wouldn't want to be handcuffed financially with all the kiddos we have coming up the ranks.

If Sanheim and Simmonds can get it done, I would consider it, but Hexy better have a plan in place to pay folks down the line.

exactly how I feel as well... I would hate to part with Sanheim to be honest.  I think the kid has a chance to be a very good player and his play this year has been good overall.  Watching the kid skate you can see why so many are high on his potential.  

I like Nylander a lot but I am not willing to pay for potential at this point.  I think he will be an 8M player but there is just too much risk in giving him that type of money when some pay days are coming in the near future for our own players.   

On 11/10/2018 at 7:32 PM, ruxpin said:

I was looking at NHLNumbers.com for the above post.

Can someone refresh my memory why we're still having $4.57M counted against the cap for Mike Richards and Scott Hartnell?  How is that accurate?  And why?

Yea that isn't accurate... I use capfriendly

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/flyers

Archived