Trade on NHL Network. Rumor

Jam1986

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

The trade talked about was Ghost, Simmonds, 4th for Nylander, Gardiner, 2nd.

My knee jerk is no thank you. 

Simmonds and a 2nd for Kadri. Go big or go home.:ph34r: I don't think Gardiner for Ghost is an upgrade.

33 minutes ago, Jam1986 said:

Ghost Simmons and pick for Nylander and Gardiner. Guys on show gave it A. Lets hear you points on it.

I would burn Philly down with that bullsh it trade.

Worse than anything Eklund has come up with.

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Start small, OR...just burn down the Wells Fargo Center.:ph34r:

15 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Simmonds and a 2nd for Kadri. Go big or go home.:ph34r: I don't think Gardiner for Ghost is an upgrade.

Simmonds for Kadri is not going big. It's reason to go for a cat scan. 

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

That was Elliott Friedmann, too. 

Keep in mind, he was just grading fan suggestions. 

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Nylander is to soft for the Flyers.

They have to many soft forwards as it is.

Gardnier is soft too.

Ghost is not shy when it comes to delivering a check and he has offensive capabilities too.

Ron would be a fool to swing this trade.

A fool.

51 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I know what I would do I would trade them Jake for Nylander now that I think about it.

Ivan, Ghost, Sanheim, Morin, Hagg and Meyer are not on the trade block.

I will not move those guys until I had to move one for fear of say losing one to expansion draft.

Till then nope. Flyers have drafted and developed those guys i want to see them succeed in Philly.

Jake i have had my fill of his mind numbing brain farts.

They can have him.

Hey Flyers have the leverage they have till December 1st to move him or he doesn't play.

No worries here.

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Nylander is to soft for the Flyers.

They have to many soft forwards as it is.

Garnier is soft too.

Ghost is not shy when it comes to delivering a check and he has offensive capabilities too.

Ron would be a fool to swing this trade.

A fool.

I wish I'd grabbed the link. I was on an article's comment section heavily populated by Leaf fans.  Ghost is crap and a downgrade from Gardiner (or, charitably, "no better"). 

Talk about clueless. 

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I wish I'd grabbed the link. I was on an article's comment section heavily populated by Leaf fans.  Ghost is crap and a downgrade from Gardiner (or, charitably, "no better"). 

Talk about clueless. 

Wow what a bunch of dumbasses they wouldn't know what a good Dman was.

The same club that trade for 75 year old Brian Leetch and then passed on Scott Neidermeyer.

HAHAHA!

Tell them we'll trade them Andrew Raycroft for Nylander.

57 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ivan, Ghost, Sanheim, Morin, Hagg and Meyer are not on the trade block.

I will not move those guys until I had to move one for fear of say losing one to expansion draft.

Reading this made me think. 

What if moving one one of those guys now for something Ron feels will help the team now and later is an early cash-in for not losing them in the expansion draft?

A pre-emptive trade of sorts. More leverage now. Not the craziest idea. Or is it?

15 minutes ago, brelic said:

Reading this made me think. 

What if moving one one of those guys now for something Ron feels will help the team now and later is an early cash-in for not losing them in the expansion draft?

A pre-emptive trade of sorts. More leverage now. Not the craziest idea. Or is it?

I would be inclined to think about that.

But I will not trade one for Nylander.

I would be ok with moving one of them for a young kid who won't require protection for the expansion draft.

Say for example for this conversation not saying other team would down with it.

But say Sanheim or Meyers for Quinn Hughes.

That is what I would trade these guys for.

Not the only thing but something similar.

2 hours ago, otto12 said:

A "signed" Nylander? And for how much? Then maybe.

I don't hate trading for Nylander. The problem is what it would take to get him (likely a dman) and the fact we have another expansion coming up with limited protection spots. That second point strikes me as a good problem to have right now though.

I think Ghost and Provo are off limits. That would make the biggest possible piece Sanheim. Two points on that: One, Sanheim alone is likely not enough; and two, Sanheim may very well end up being a better player to have considering his skills and the position he plays.

So, while acquiring Nylander sounds like a decent move, I have a hard time liking what we'd need to lose to get him.

I wonder if they'd consider a two for two swap that includes Voracek/Simmonds and McDud/Gudas for Nylander and something. That might work.

7 hours ago, elmatus said:

I don't hate trading for Nylander.

Yeah...I dont know why everyone is against it.  I have a problem giving up Gost though. To me, he is the most untouchable defenseman.  Not saying I would give up provorov either, but I think gost has shown to be more dynamic.  If he would tighten up the defensive part of his game, he could be a Norris candidate one day.

8 minutes ago, icehole said:

Yeah...I dont know why everyone is against it.  I have a problem giving up Gost though. To me, he is the most untouchable defenseman.  Not saying I would give up provorov either, but I think gost has shown to be more dynamic.  If he would tighten up the defensive part of his game, he could be a Norris candidate one day.

That's the part.

That, and honestly, the cap implications of another $8M contract.  Because that's what he's demanding from the Leafs.  8 yrs and 7 or 8 years or some crap.   For a 60-65 point player.   I'm okay, but here's my hesitation:   How much is Nylander, and how much is Matthews?  I ask that question because Kapanen was lighting it up in his place until the moment Matthews went down.  I realize the drop off in centers from Matthews to Kadri (no offense to Kadri) so I get the difference for Kapanen, but I wonder about similar for Nylander if away from Matthews/Tavares.

And then the cap hit scares me.

Ghost is a non-starter and so is Provorov for me.  I'm not sure in which order of priority, to be honest, but I'm moving neither.

If I can find a way to stomach the cap hit, I would trade any one of Sanheim, Hagg, Myers, or Morin for Nylander.  I think he's more RW than LW, but apparently he can play either. He could even slot in at center if we wanted to do that.  He instantly becomes the 3C if we're going for 3 scoring lines.

As this month nears its end, if other teams haven't pulled the trigger the Leafs and Nylander are out of negotiating time.  I think Nylander could be had for a signed contract, Hagg or Myers, and a 2nd round pick.  I don't know why we'd have to include a Voracek or Simmonds unless there's some bidding war (I probably walk away  at that point).    If I'm the Leafs, I don't understand why I'd refuse to pay Nylander $8M but take on Voracek's $8.25 through 2024.   So, I think he's out of the equation.   Maybe Simmonds.

For fun:

Giroux  -- Couturier -- Konecny

JVR -- Patrick -- Voracek

Lindblom -- Nylander -- Weal (or Weal in the center)

Laughton -- Lehtera -- who cares

This is assuming Simmonds was part of the deal, but if he's not he goes to the right of Nylander and Weal drops next to Lehtera.  When Raffl comes back, then you have some interesting choices because Weal could go to 4C or sit.

I'm not against Nylander.  

I just know that this summer we have to pay (in no order):  Laughton, Konecny, Provorov and Sanheim.  We have to sign someone at goalie assuming Elliot and Neuvmaki are moving on.  Leier (who cares) and Hart (of all people) need to be resigned.  The following summer you have Patrick, Lindblom, Hagg, Gudas, Rubstov, Radcliffe, Frost.   

We have people like Lehtera and MacDonald and Simmonds (if he's in the package) coming off, so it's possible the money all works.  But it makes me hesitate.

And certainly NOT for Ghost or Provorov.

I was looking at NHLNumbers.com for the above post.

Can someone refresh my memory why we're still having $4.57M counted against the cap for Mike Richards and Scott Hartnell?  How is that accurate?  And why?

3 hours ago, icehole said:

Yeah...I dont know why everyone is against it.

Because he is a soft 60 point a season perimeter forward who will disappear come playoff time....so unless you just need a new guy to hate on...hard pass...i stay put with what i have or if i am to trade a D man it isn't for Nylander!

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

For a 60-65 point player

And a soft one at that. They are soft enough.

If i am trading for a forward it will be someone other than Nylander.

Hrd pass on him....the closer they get to December 1st the more leverage they lose someone like the Canes or Wild might slip in and give them a Dman for him.

Apparently the Leagfs and Canes have been talking a Nylander for Hamilton swap. 

Seriously, Hamilton is already in trade talks again?? There’s something off with that guy and I’m not sure I’d be trading for a guy who is so quickly available. 

3 hours ago, brelic said:

Apparently the Leagfs and Canes have been talking a Nylander for Hamilton swap. 

Seriously, Hamilton is already in trade talks again?? There’s something off with that guy and I’m not sure I’d be trading for a guy who is so quickly available. 

Let the Canes have him i wouldn't want any part of a kid think he deserves a long deal for 8 mill+ per for two 60 point seasons.

I think Dad is trying to recoup some money he lost when he was playing. 

Good luck with that Toronto.

Archived