Trade on NHL Network. Rumor

Jam1986

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Let the Canes have him i wouldn't want any part of a kid think he deserves a long deal for 8 mill+ per for two 60 point seasons.

I think Dad is trying to recoup some money he lost when he was playing. 

Good luck with that Toronto.

Haha I was talking about Hamilton. 

But point taken on Nylander. Reminds me a bit of the ROR situation in Colorado a few years back. Just take the bridge deal and if you're that good, you'll get a better one in a few years. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, brelic said:

Haha I was talking about Hamilton. 

Oh i know.

He is what he is.

From what i have seen about him (if you can believe what you read) he is a introvert.

And a lot of players just don't know how to deal with his personality difference.

And with Nylander i don't want him on the Flyers so i prefer these two teams get together and make it happen if that is what they want.

It means my Flyers aren't involved.

18 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Because he is a soft 60 point a season perimeter forward who will disappear come playoff time....so unless you just need a new guy to hate on...hard pass...i stay put with what i have or if i am to trade a D man it isn't for Nylander!

Maybe my radar was off on him.  Just a year or two ago, he was supposed to be a key asset in Toronto's resurgence.  He showed that he was a very dynamic young forward.  Maybe hes fallen off since then.

I still wouldn't mind having him, but not for gost or provorov and not to sign him for $8M.  If it was something closer to sanheim, Simmonds, and a pick, and they could sign him for $6M, I'd think about it.

9 minutes ago, icehole said:

Maybe my radar was off on him.  Just a year or two ago, he was supposed to be a key asset in Toronto's resurgence.  He showed that he was a very dynamic young forward.  Maybe hes fallen off since then.

I still wouldn't mind having him, but not for gost or provorov and not to sign him for $8M.  If it was something closer to sanheim, Simmonds, and a pick, and they could sign him for $6M, I'd think about it.

Come playoff time (both years) he was very timid and shied away from the physical stuff the main reason the Leafs because of his disappearance act. 

They would run him out of town for that type of play in Philly.

No thanks, last year the Bruins were very physical with him and he wanted no part of that.

He is suspect and not good in his own end....why would you want to commit to that in Philly...

...they already have a forward like him in Jake sort of (Jake isn't scared of the physical play just indifferent with play away from the puck and back checking).

No pass...if i am trading a Sanheim or Meyers i am doing it for a better return.

On 11/6/2018 at 8:30 PM, OccamsRazor said:

I would burn Philly down with that bullsh it trade.

Worse than anything Eklund has come up with.

I'd love Nylander and they can have Simmonds as far as I'm concerned, but Ghost is a non starter.  

1 hour ago, King Knut said:

I'd love Nylander and they can have Simmonds as far as I'm concerned, but Ghost is a non starter.  

Yeah. Unless they're going to put him at 3C, you have to figure Simmonds would have to be going the other way. Where else would they put him?  I've seen LW, but he's not a LWer. 

I don't think @OccamsRazor and others are wrong about him, so let Carolina overpay. 

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah. Unless they're going to put him at 3C, you have to figure Simmonds would have to be going the other way. Where else would they put him?  I've seen LW, but he's not a LWer. 

I don't think @OccamsRazor and others are wrong about him, so let Carolina overpay. 

I mean, I'd be just fine with him as 3C, but as you point out, then RW becomes the problem.  

It would be kind of embarrassing to but him on Weal's RW.   Allison could be a great fit on that right side, but he's probably at least two years from getting his crack at the NHL roster... though I guess making out of camp next year isn't impossible for him.  Could they patchwork with Weal at RW in the mean time?

The other side of that is that I don't think Simmer as a UFA alone gets this done.  THey'll want and will deserve more for this guy.  And before anyone goes off on how he's not good enough, he's had two 60+ point seasons before the age of 23 and he was a G.D. +20 last year.  Dude is exactly what this team needs on offense.  

On 11/11/2018 at 4:46 PM, OccamsRazor said:

It is his bad advice he is getting from his dad who is at fault here.

I mean, I can kinda see it.  

You're in line to be the 2C  on a team that looks to be pretty darn good for a while and they go ahead and bring in Tavares on a long term.  Clearly suggests you are not part of their long term plans anyway.  And when you're relegated to 3C, are you really going to get the 82 point seasons you might have as 2C or 1RW with Matthews?  The seasons that will get you the big 8 year career deal?    So yeah, I get it. 

He's not wrong and the way things are structured, holding out now when he doesn't actually have a contract is pretty much his only recourse.  I get it.  Not sure it's what I'd do.

That said, those circumstances also don't bode well for any role he'd want to step into for the Flyers.  

This is all with the caveat, that if it were me, I'd take the deal and win a few cups first.

1 minute ago, King Knut said:

I mean, I can kinda see it.  

You're in line to be the 2C  on a team that looks to be pretty darn good for a while and they go ahead and bring in Tavares on a long term.  Clearly suggests you are not part of their long term plans anyway.  And when you're relegated to 3C, are you really going to get the 82 point seasons you might have as 2C or 1RW with Matthews?  The seasons that will get you the big 8 year career deal?    So yeah, I get it. 

He's not wrong and the way things are structured, holding out now when he doesn't actually have a contract is pretty much his only recourse.  I get it.  Not sure it's what I'd do.

That said, those circumstances also don't bode well for any role he'd want to step into for the Flyers.  

This is all with the caveat, that if it were me, I'd take the deal and win a few cups first.

Two 60 point regular seasons ain't going to get you no 8 mill per deal.

Now somewhere around close to a deal like Schenn signed for i could see maybe closer to 6 mill per i could see him getting it.

Or worse case settle on a one year deal like we saw William Karlsson do for Vegas after a 43 goal 78 point season sign and then see what happens but no way in hell even in today's bloated contract standards in a soft perimeter center going to get bank like he wants. 

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Two 60 point regular seasons ain't going to get you no 8 mill per deal.

Now somewhere around close to a deal like Schenn signed for i could see maybe closer to 6 mill per i could see him getting it.

Or worse case settle on a one year deal like we saw William Karlsson do for Vegas after a 43 goal 78 point season sign and then see what happens but no way in hell even in today's bloated contract standards in a soft perimeter center going to get bank like he wants. 

I think I must have misconveyed my point.  

Its not not that I think he’s holding out for an $8 million deal now, he’s holding out for a top 6 spot to help him get the minutes and line mates that get you to the kind of numbers that DO get you that 8 million dollar deal.  That’s what I’m suggesting.  That’s also what doesn’t make Philly a great choice but with Laughton playing like he is and JVR expected back (have nobodies how WN got along without JVR in TO) it’s not impossible I guess. 

He’s also probably looking at Pastrnak who got a pretty good deal by doing just this... except Pastrnak was already in Top six position.  

1 hour ago, King Knut said:

I think I must have misconveyed my point.  

Its not not that I think he’s holding out for an $8 million deal now, he’s holding out for a top 6 spot to help him get the minutes and line mates that get you to the kind of numbers that DO get you that 8 million dollar deal.  That’s what I’m suggesting.  That’s also what doesn’t make Philly a great choice but with Laughton playing like he is and JVR expected back (have nobodies how WN got along without JVR in TO) it’s not impossible I guess. 

He’s also probably looking at Pastrnak who got a pretty good deal by doing just this... except Pastrnak was already in Top six position.  

No matter.

Flyers need not worry about this guy.

Hard pass!

4 hours ago, King Knut said:

I mean, I'd be just fine with him as 3C, but as you point out, then RW becomes the problem.  

It would be kind of embarrassing to but him on Weal's RW.   Allison could be a great fit on that right side, but he's probably at least two years from getting his crack at the NHL roster... though I guess making out of camp next year isn't impossible for him.  Could they patchwork with Weal at RW in the mean time?

The other side of that is that I don't think Simmer as a UFA alone gets this done.  THey'll want and will deserve more for this guy.  And before anyone goes off on how he's not good enough, he's had two 60+ point seasons before the age of 23 and he was a G.D. +20 last year.  Dude is exactly what this team needs on offense.  

Well, what I meant was that if you're going to put him at 3C you don't necessarily have to move Simmer out.  But then you're back to what do you trade, right?   Simmer seems obvious, but you're right that Simmer as a UFA doesn't get this done.  

I wonder if that means you don't do Simmer at all.  Either resign him or deal him separately for something else.  

I think it's going to take a defenseman.   One of Sanheim or Hagg likely does it.  I cannot imagine MacDonald and a 1st & 3rd does it.  But we're talking about a 23 year old kid who for his 2+ years in the NHL is .75 PPG.  That's not too shabby.  On the other hand, it's going to depend upon who we're legitimately competing against.   If it gets close to their deadline and it's deal or get the Tavares treatment, they may deal.     Would you trade one of Sanheim or Hagg and a 1st and/or 3rd for him?   When JVR is back, the top 3 lines would be hellacious for offense.    Not a lick of team defense, but... LOL.

Giroux -- Couturier -- Konecny

Lindholm -- Patrick -- Voracek

JVR -- Nylander -- Simmonds

Laughton -- Weal -- Raffl (or whomever)

You could flip-flop Lindholm and JVR if you chose to.  Or Lindholm and Laughton.

The defense gets wonky, but either one of Hagg or Sanheim could probably be replaced by Meyer or MacDonald or even Morin when he returns.  Even Nashville traded Seth Jones for a young forward.   Ideally, the Leafs would take the veteran guy on the now-short (but cheaper than the $8M for Nylander) contract and we're all happy.   I can hear the screaming from Ontario now.

It's probably doable if we decided it was beneficial.  I know some are tired of hearing this, but so long as it doesn't block some kids that are very near ready like Frost and Rubstov or down the road like Farabee or O'Brien (assuming any of them make it).   Because that doesn't seem like a center group that's going anywhere in the very near future.  But if Simmonds isn't part of the deal but not resigned, Nylander could slide back out to the right next year and then the blocking isn't as bad.

49 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Even Nashville traded Seth Jones for a young forward.

Plus they had Weber, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis, Jackman, Bitetto and Granberg so plenty of depth to deal from.

This trade would without doubt removing Hagg and adding Nylander making them softer than two day old baby poo.

Besides creating a hole for Mcdud to reenter the lineup.

Not just no but hell no?

32 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Plus they had Weber, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis, Jackman, Bitetto and Granberg so plenty of depth to deal from.

This trade would without doubt removing Hagg and adding Nylander making them softer than two day old baby poo.

Besides creating a hole for Mcdud to reenter the lineup.

Not just no but hell no?

So, putting OR down in the "do it" column.   Anybody else?

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

JVR -- Rakell -- Simmonds

See if i am making a move let's make it aggressive...if we are going to do it make it for a kid worth moving assets for..

...i can get behind moving a D man and.....for a guy that could plug and play in the middle.

Let's go get him.

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Well, what I meant was that if you're going to put him at 3C you don't necessarily have to move Simmer out.  But then you're back to what do you trade, right?   Simmer seems obvious, but you're right that Simmer as a UFA doesn't get this done.  

I wonder if that means you don't do Simmer at all.  Either resign him or deal him separately for something else.  

I think it's going to take a defenseman.   One of Sanheim or Hagg likely does it.  I cannot imagine MacDonald and a 1st & 3rd does it.  But we're talking about a 23 year old kid who for his 2+ years in the NHL is .75 PPG.  That's not too shabby.  On the other hand, it's going to depend upon who we're legitimately competing against.   If it gets close to their deadline and it's deal or get the Tavares treatment, they may deal.     Would you trade one of Sanheim or Hagg and a 1st and/or 3rd for him?   When JVR is back, the top 3 lines would be hellacious for offense.    Not a lick of team defense, but... LOL.

JVR -- Nylander -- Simmonds

You could flip-flop Lindholm and JVR if you chose to.  Or Lindholm and Laughton.

The defense gets wonky, but either one of Hagg or Sanheim could probably be replaced by Meyer or MacDonald or even Morin when he returns.  Even Nashville traded Seth Jones for a young forward.   Ideally, the Leafs would take the veteran guy on the now-short (but cheaper than the $8M for Nylander) contract and we're all happy.   I can hear the screaming from Ontario now.

It's probably doable if we decided it was beneficial.  I know some are tired of hearing this, but so long as it doesn't block some kids that are very near ready like Frost and Rubstov or down the road like Farabee or O'Brien (assuming any of them make it).   Because that doesn't seem like a center group that's going anywhere in the very near future.  But if Simmonds isn't part of the deal but not resigned, Nylander could slide back out to the right next year and then the blocking isn't as bad.

That would be a ridiculous 12 up front.  Like seriously crazy on paper good. Tantalizingly good. 

I would seriously consider Sanheim or Hagg.  But not one of them and a first. A third for sure.  Maybe 2nd. 

But it as you point out, there are MANY forwards in the system that may be close. It’s ironic because the flyers have never had a rich enough system (well maybe in 2005-2006) to make dealing for older nearly washed up guys (like Filppula or Jagr or  even going back to Amonte, ete) make sense.  But that might be what’s needed at forward: An overpriced right on the edge of his career guy who will contribute for two years and then go away. 

I’m not sure what D men will be UFA, and nine of us know how Morin will be able to play when he returns (I’ve been VERY high on him this whole time so I have hope he’ll be able to recover).  But it does seem odd to give of Sanheim or Hagg just when they’re starting to contribute in a consistent way (I thinks Sanheim could break out for real later this year if he gets the right minutes, but for now, he’s nailing down the fundamentals). 

If they trade away sanheim,  then Myers needs to be ready to go.  AMac ain’t gonna cut it in that role.   If they trade away Hagg, they’ll probably try to go with Mac as his replacement, but then they’ve got no 7th d man. That will hurt the team in the short term. 

Here’s a crazy thought.  Would they take two promising but untested prospects like Misha or Rubstov and Friedman?  I’d be okay with that because Nylander is essentially the guy you dream of Ruby or Misha turning into one day.  And they’re already about his age.  

Or or for that matter, is Laughton expendable?  I’d say no because his compete level is one of the only things that’s saved this team on occaisaion this year and talent can’t replace that  hunger to win of a psychopath like Laughton. 

Or or if the Flyers have given up on Morin (which would be stupid) would trading him for Nylander be essentially like giving up nothing at this point (which would kill me as a big Morin fan)?

I’m just not feeling great about giving up Sanheim or Hagg right now.  They’re actually just starting to look like the stable squad of blue liners we’ve been dreaming of since the late 80’s... but maybe that’s stupid. Maybe you get the guy who is good and go win. 

Considering Seth Jones was traded for Ryan Johansen, I think the ask from Toronto is Provorov or Ghost. Period. Moreso Provorov because they already have Rielly lighting it up.

Sanheim has not proven anything defensively OR offensively yet. He might someday, but he’s still mostly potential. It would have to be Sanheim + Simmonds (who we’d probably let walk or trade at the deadline anyway). 

Hagg?? No chance. Would you trade Konecny for Travis Dermott?

52 minutes ago, King Knut said:

That would be a ridiculous 12 up front.  Like seriously crazy on paper good. Tantalizingly good. 

I would seriously consider Sanheim or Hagg.  But not one of them and a first. A third for sure.  Maybe 2nd. 

But it as you point out, there are MANY forwards in the system that may be close. It’s ironic because the flyers have never had a rich enough system (well maybe in 2005-2006) to make dealing for older nearly washed up guys (like Filppula or Jagr or  even going back to Amonte, ete) make sense.  But that might be what’s needed at forward: An overpriced right on the edge of his career guy who will contribute for two years and then go away. 

I’m not sure what D men will be UFA, and nine of us know how Morin will be able to play when he returns (I’ve been VERY high on him this whole time so I have hope he’ll be able to recover).  But it does seem odd to give of Sanheim or Hagg just when they’re starting to contribute in a consistent way (I thinks Sanheim could break out for real later this year if he gets the right minutes, but for now, he’s nailing down the fundamentals). 

If they trade away sanheim,  then Myers needs to be ready to go.  AMac ain’t gonna cut it in that role.   If they trade away Hagg, they’ll probably try to go with Mac as his replacement, but then they’ve got no 7th d man. That will hurt the team in the short term. 

Here’s a crazy thought.  Would they take two promising but untested prospects like Misha or Rubstov and Friedman?  I’d be okay with that because Nylander is essentially the guy you dream of Ruby or Misha turning into one day.  And they’re already about his age.  

Or or for that matter, is Laughton expendable?  I’d say no because his compete level is one of the only things that’s saved this team on occaisaion this year and talent can’t replace that  hunger to win of a psychopath like Laughton. 

Or or if the Flyers have given up on Morin (which would be stupid) would trading him for Nylander be essentially like giving up nothing at this point (which would kill me as a big Morin fan)?

I’m just not feeling great about giving up Sanheim or Hagg right now.  They’re actually just starting to look like the stable squad of blue liners we’ve been dreaming of since the late 80’s... but maybe that’s stupid. Maybe you get the guy who is good and go win. 

Dos Equis Facepalm Gif By Dos Equis Gif

17 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I can't tell what in particular you're making fun of me for, but I get it.  It's just fun to think about scenarios.  Like putting a puzzle together. 

Just still kicking around the idea for Nylander...

....Flyer fans would be livid with his play or lack thereof...i guess i see beyond a point total.

There is more to the points and how he racked them up. Kind of like how everyone hated Brayden Schenn and how he disappeared for stretches.

You want to move guys like Sanheim or Hagg and insert whatever then go out and get a guy worth moving the guys for...

Like this guy.

Put up 13 (7 goals 6 assist +13) points in 15 games in their playoffs in 2016-17.

Just turned 25 and on the books for 3 more years after this one at 3.7 mill per!

A guy who can go and actually score in the shootout too!

Let's go be aggressive and get this guy!!! I mean if we are going to do it!

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No matter.

Flyers need not worry about this guy.

Hard pass!

He's a LOT better than Weal or Lehtera.  

I haven't had a ton of time to check out who else will be a free agent this summer, but the SImmer situation should have us all thinking about what to do there.  Right now, Simmer is not lighting my world on fire.  He doesn't have to, but if he's going to get paid 6 million+ over a long term at his age, then he's going to have to show me more than he is.   

Archived