Game 16: Flyers vs Coyotes 11/08/18 7:00 pm

OccamsRazor

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yotes will be looking for revenge i'm sure.

I hope the Flyers can play better for their home crowd and @Poulin20 time to show they are over their annual coming out the gates slow hump.

Go Flyers!!!!!!

I’ll be bring in da noise and bring in da funk as usual and I sure hope they reward me for it, especially since it’s one of my days to work out my North Jersey office 🙁.

PROJECTED LINEUPS (Subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
22 Dale Weise - 40 Jordan Weal - 17 Wayne Simmonds
21 Scott Laughton - 15 Jori Lehterä - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 8 Robert Hägg
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 26 Christian Folin
6 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas

33 Cal Pickard 
[37 Brian Elliott]

Scratches: 47 Andrew MacDonald (healthy), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body), 12 Michael Raffl (IR, lower body), 10 Corban Knight (IR, collarbone), 25 James van Riemsdyk (IR, lower body), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

COYOTES

14 Richard Panik - 17 Alex Galchenyuk - 9 Clayton Keller
11 Brendan Perlini - 21 Derek Stepan - Christian Fischer
40 Michael Grabner - 15 Brad Richardson - 13 Vince Hinostroza
67 Lawson Crouse - 20 Dylan Strome - 25 Nick Cousins

23 Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 55 Jason Demers
44 Kevin Connauton - 4 Niklas Hjalmarsson
33 Alex Goligoski - 82 Jordan Oesterle 

35 Darcy Kuemper
[1 Hunter Miska]

Scratches: Josh Archibald (healthy), 43 Dakota Mermis (healthy), 46 Ilya Lyubushkin (healthy), 18 Christian Dvorak (IR, lower body), 6 Jakob Chychrun (IR, knee surgery), 32 Antti Raanta (IR).

Re: Meltzer's tweet about 12 forwards, I wonder why they sent back Goulbourne?

12 fowards + 6 defensemen + 2 goalies (Pickard / Elliott) = 20

AMac healthy scratch = 21

Lyon was sent back. Neuvirth, Raffl, JVR, and Knight on IR.

So there are two empty roster spots. 

Makes no sense. 

And last game, after both Lindblom and Konecny (or was it someone else??) missed time during the game, NAK still only managed 5 minutes of TOI. He had zero shifts in the 2nd period. ZERO.

I get that you want to bring a rookie along slowly - but 5, 8, 5, 4 for TOI through 4 games is crazy low, especially when you have injuries up front that cause disruption of your forward group. 

BRING ON COACH Q!!!

Greetings:

Here is a take on the game;

https://sportschatplace.com/nhl-picks/2018/11/08/philadelphia-flyers-vs-arizona-coyotes-11/8/18-nhl-pick-odds-and-prediction

Winning the first game of the home-and-home improves odds, but ability to win back-to-back is questionable.  Part of me hopes we build on success.  Another says we do the Keystone Cops thing at WFC and Pickard shows why he's been a journeyman.  I hope Folin is ready to kick some butt.  He may be our new enforcer. 

18 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

Here is a take on the game;

https://sportschatplace.com/nhl-picks/2018/11/08/philadelphia-flyers-vs-arizona-coyotes-11/8/18-nhl-pick-odds-and-prediction

Winning the first game of the home-and-home improves odds, but ability to win back-to-back is questionable.  Part of me hopes we build on success.  Another says we do the Keystone Cops thing at WFC and Pickard shows why he's been a journeyman.  I hope Folin is ready to kick some butt.  He may be our new enforcer. 

Folin's first couple of games were pretty rough but he is definitely showing a marked improvement. I really like his skate right in and not let the opponent harass his forwards mentality.

Also, where is JVR going to slot in when he does return?

Not really a fan of breaking up the Lindblom/Patrick/Voracek line, and he won't be replacing G up top.

So 3rd line with Weal and Simmer? It could be fine, but does feel like a waste of his talent - or, not a waste, but it seems to be a position that won't maximize his output. Maybe the PP1 time makes up for it.

7 hours ago, brelic said:

Makes no sense. 

Maybe so they don't have to make a move when Neuvy is ready.....they will just carry 3 goalies till he is hurt again in a few days.

Otherwise not sure what is going on.

Leaving a space open so they can make a trade and have that spot open for them.

Example as soon as Neuvy is ready trade him for someone 10th round prospect draft in 2009 just to get rid Neuvy.

Other wise as i said i have no clue.

On the game. It is the first of a 5 game homestand this is a good chance to climb in the standing if they can get a good wining streak going.

It hasn't been good for them to start the year at home. It needs to change tonight.

They're 2-4-0 with a minus-12 goal differential. They've scored the league's second-fewest home goals per game at 2.33, while allowing the third most at 4.33.

Despite the Flyers going 1 for 3 on the power play Monday, Arizona still owns the NHL's top-ranked penalty kill at 90.2 percent. It has surrendered just one man-advantage goal over six road games.

Keep an eye on Nolan Patrick and Oskar Lindblom as the youngsters come home with plenty of momentum. Both Patrick (two goals, four assists) and Lindblom (two goals, four assists) put up six points on the four-game road trip. Hey Jake feel free to jump in and do more than turn the damn puck over or kill a cycle!!!

Since Oct. 30, Patrick's plus-7 rating is tied for second best in the NHL, behind only the Lightning's Yanni Gourde at plus-8.

Go Flyers!!!!!!

6 hours ago, brelic said:

So 3rd line with Weal and Simmer?

What i would do.

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
25 JVR - 40 Jordan Weal - 17 Wayne Simmonds
21 Scott Laughton - 15 Jori Lehterä - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Scratch: Dale Weise

And yeah with last line change let's get NAK some more minutes.

Damn Folin I know you are replacing Mcdud but bro you don't have to screen the goalie like he would you have to clear the porch or get the f**k out the way so Pickard can see the damn puck.

Terrible.

Wasn't much Pickard could do on that one.

Would you like the goalie to fight through it sure but he tried he just happened to peek the wrong way and squeak through small opening.

C'mon guys let's get these two points and let the home crowd see a good game.

Well there goes the weak goal by Pickard.

This goaltending is the death knell for this.

Fix the PP and fix PK but till get a guy who can eliminate the Mr. Softee goals they will continue to given away games and points.

It has to be so deflating to see that for the team on nightly basis.

Wow.

That got out of hand quick didn't see the two other goals for them to go up 4-2 I'm at work and had to step away for second after the last weak one by Pickard.

I think I am done tonight here at work watching this sh it show.

I'll go watch YouTube or Netflix for the rest of the night.

Later.

Sorry @Poulin20 they are crapping the bed for you. You're a better than me no way would invest the time and money to go to see that bullsh it.

40 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

It is tough to watch. Very tough.  

Why the heck didn't Hak call a time out at some point?  I agree that one of the goals was oft but I would put more blame on Ghost than Pickard.  

It's why I couldn't do it no more.

It's sad when you are at work and would try and find something else to do even work(I know right) than actually watch this team struggle and struggle.

It is time to pull the plug on Hak.

Go get Q maybe he can help.

This team need to be rebooted.

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

Well, this was a character win.  Weise's tying goal was beautiful.  I agree with JJ he is having his best season as a Flyer.

Yeah he's finally clicking with his linemates...good to see, and about time.

Archived