Wild vs. Kings 11/8/18 @ 9:30PM at Staples Center

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Would this be a good trade for you guys?

Would you be down or pissed if it did go down?

Very debatable. We have couple of forwards not living up to expectations and goal scoring is heavily dependable on 2-3 forwards so it would be nice to have it more spread out. Plus our PP could use an addition and Nylander has speed that the Wild lack of.

But: our D is looking pretty darn solid now. To take one centerpiece of it (either Brodin or Dumb) and risk of ruining it... the compensation would have to be really good. Is WN that good? He's a soft finesse player and that type of players are not that welcomed among the Wild fan base. Even our big guys are pretty soft.

I'd pass if it's a straight up deal.

19 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Very debatable. We have couple of forwards not living up to expectations and goal scoring is heavily dependable on 2-3 forwards so it would be nice to have it more spread out. Plus our PP could use an addition and Nylander has speed that the Wild lack of.

But: our D is looking pretty darn solid now. To take one centerpiece of it (either Brodin or Dumb) and risk of ruining it... the compensation would have to be really good. Is WN that good? He's a soft finesse player and that type of players are not that welcomed among the Wild fan base. Even our big guys are pretty soft.

I don't think he is that good he is a soft 60 point a season perimeter forward who disappears when you get physical with him, just see the last two Leafs playoff rounds.

I don't want him on my Flyers. For sort of the same reason they have collected a nice young group of defenseman in Provorov, Ghost, Hagg, Sanheim, Meyers and Morin and I would like to hold onto them.

In Meyers and Morin case they haven't arrived yet in the NHL, Morin may be by February and Meyers the start of next year.

So no way do I want to mess with that now especially for a soft center.

So I asked because I didn't know where you guys were in your club depth.

Barely have time to watch my Flyers much less any other games around the NHL much this year busy with family and work.

Sorry for no post-gamer.  I was exhausted after work...so I crashed.  I saw the highlights and by most accounts it sounds like they played pretty well.  Good to see Nino finally bury one.  He really needed that.  

Building on Hockey-78's point, one player who is stone cold right now is Jason Zucker.  He needs to step it up.  Good to see Eriksson Ek generating some havoc near the net, but will he ever develop an NHL scoring touch?  I will have lots of extras in the post-gamer after tonight's game, I promise.  

6 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

I would pass too. If a deal was made, I would much rather have it be Brodin than Dumba.

9 hours ago, Megawild said:

TBH 60 should be plenty, but I have heard mixed reviews for DTV streaming.   You should check your speed/ping/latency and see if it meets what your IP promised.  If not, they should fix it.

Sling user here after a year of Hulu Live TV. We have had the same internet for years with change to the plan. Hulu would constantly buffer during the Wild games. Sling, not even once in my year of being a Sling user have I had buffering. Slings prices are perfect for us. Cutting the cord is fantastic!

5 hours ago, sweetshot said:

I would pass too. If a deal was made, I would much rather have it be Brodin than Dumba.

And if they would be intrigued by either Nino or Coyle and wouldn't want B or D... I'd be seriously interested in! Then again, would WN continue producing with us or after signing a lengthy contract he'd feel nice and cosy and do the "Pommers"?

18 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

And if they would be intrigued by either Nino or Coyle and wouldn't want B or D... I'd be seriously interested in! Then again, would WN continue producing with us or after signing a lengthy contract he'd feel nice and cosy and do the "Pommers"?

I though JP's decline was largely due to his age--maybe not. Its still possible that WN would do that though, I guess that's the risk you take signing anybody long term. Sounds like WN would fit right in with the Wild, another perimeter forward who disappears once the playoffs start.

WN = the older  Nylander kid from Tor?  The soft Euro who wants twice what he's worth?  Easy HELL NO!  Take the Cap space.  This kid has a brain in jury - as in he's too stupid to understand his slimeball agent is grossly over-greedy.  Draisatl's

contract is a stupid, sick joke.  You want to stay a loser franchise?  Then over-pay to a stupid amount out of desperation.  Like Edm did.  So far Shanny isn't that stupid.

Hell NO!  Wild doesn't need that kind of greedy me-first player with such a gross over-estimation of his value.

Archived