Minnesota Wild mourns passing of former chairman Robert O. Naegele, Jr.

wild.source

SAINT PAUL -- The NHL's Minnesota Wild joins the hockey community in mourning the loss of former Chairman Robert O. Naegele, Jr., who passed away due to complications from cancer Wednesday night in the Twin Cities, with his family by his side.

The Wild will honor Naegele with a moment of silence prior to its next home game on Nov. 13 against the Washington Capitals. In addition, the team wear a patch with the initials BN on their jerseys for the remainder of this season, starting with Thursday's game at the Los Angeles Kings. Further details on how the team will honor Naegele's memory will be announced soon.

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/minnesota-wild-robert-naegele-jr-1108118/c-301629800

3 hours ago, DevinWieser said:

SAINT PAUL -- The NHL's Minnesota Wild joins the hockey community in mourning the loss of former Chairman Robert O. Naegele, Jr., who passed away due to complications from cancer Wednesday night in the Twin Cities, with his family by his side.

The Wild will honor Naegele with a moment of silence prior to its next home game on Nov. 13 against the Washington Capitals. In addition, the team wear a patch with the initials BN on their jerseys for the remainder of this season, starting with Thursday's game at the Los Angeles Kings. Further details on how the team will honor Naegele's memory will be announced soon.

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/minnesota-wild-robert-naegele-jr-1108118/c-301629800

He was instrumental in the NHL returning to Minnesota.  He had a big part of setting the cultural tone with this club.  Yet, I am certain he made a killing off this club when he sold his share of his controlling interest of it to Leipold.  RIP Bob...

On 11/8/2018 at 8:23 PM, Fargocase said:

Hell of a good investment on his part.  Too bad he didn't reinvest in players after the miracle run to the WCF.

Name the three big signees after the WCF run?

Probably couldn't afford keeping them.

4 hours ago, DevinWieser said:

Probably couldn't afford keeping them.

Doubt it. Like @Fargocase constantly pointed out, the Wild were consistently in the bottom five of payroll under Naegle's ownership. And this is despite selling out 409 straight games in an arena that seats 18,000+. The sell out streak ended after Leipold bought the Wild. So Naegle had a sold out building during his entire ownership.

It's not that he couldn't afford the team, he just found someone who wanted the team more than he did and was willing to pay for it...

On 11/8/2018 at 10:11 PM, Fargocase said:

No.  The year I'm talking about:

Russian goon

AHL/NHL plugger journeyman Dman

Don Cherry's favorite type of Euro Dman

That's a $1M-question.

I would say: Eric Chouinard, Filip Kuba (?) and Zholtok, tough I think he played for the Wild in its 2nd season probably...

6 hours ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

That's a $1M-question.

I would say: Eric Chouinard, Filip Kuba (?) and Zholtok, tough I think he played for the Wild in its 2nd season probably...

Good guesses but nope.  The "Nasty" Russian goon I don't think even played for the Wild.  He was sent to Houston and I don't think he played for them, they sent him hom.

I think the softie Euro Man had a brother.  You knit with yarn and shouldn't quit too easy...  The journeyman guy came from Edm organization...   

On 11/8/2018 at 9:17 PM, IllaZilla said:

Andrei Nazarov

Turd Ferguson! 🤣

Martin Skoula

Two out of three!  Akeula was such an entertaining player.  Play good then commit the most bone-headed turnover ever!  Then make an even stupider mistake next game.  Then top it the next game!🤣

Archived