Game 17: Blackhawks at Flyers, 11/10 @ 1

Howie58

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the game just the highlights.

Man Elliott stole that game it looks like.

The D zone coverage looked sloppy and they got lucky Elliott was up for the task.

Finally they snap the streak of given up a PP goal. 

10 games straight they gave up one, longest since 1993.

Yes.

I guess a win is a win.

They have to keep getting better.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I didn't see the game just the highlights.

Man Elliott stole that game it looks like.

The D zone coverage looked sloppy and they got lucky Elliott was up for the task.

Finally they snap the streak of given up a PP goal. 

10 games straight they gave up one, longest since 1993.

Yes.

I guess a win is a win.

They have to keep getting better.

Elliot was immense from the first period to the last. I think In the 2nd period tho where Blackhawks finally beat Elliot but it rattled the post we knew it was going to be our day. 

Long may the streak continue tho. 

When you look at that table and with the amount of goals conceded is very worrying. To know where we are in the table and overall to be -3 is baffling to say the least. 

The defence need to get better if want any chance of keeping this streak going and keep going up as the forward is playing well but defence isn’t 60 goals conceded. Only 3 teams have conceded more. 

7 hours ago, Samifan said:

Told you Manning would score, it was just in his own net LOL

The worst part of the goal is it just purposefully...with the tap in....

giphy.gif

...yikes!!! 

giphy.gif

...did for a brief second he forget which team he was on...brutal.

And then TK rubs it in...

giphy.gif

Good thing Elliott came to play...

giphy.gif

...will Elliott's save percentage ever crack 900???

Who knows....

Drq36v-X0AAZYIc.jpg

...really need to bring the Ric Flair robe back this helmet looks special and not in the good way.

Happy for the two points but man that game put me to sleep...literally.  That is the first time that I can remember falling asleep watching the game.  Now, when I was 10 or so I would fall asleep sometime in the 2nd period trying to stay up for Hockey Night in Canada.  That was me just being a young kid being up past my bedtime.  

Glad the see the Flyers are winning the games they "are supposed to" win.  

5 minutes ago, off_the_post said:

Happy for the two points but man that game put me to sleep...literally.

Lol, was listening to the radio for some of the game.  In the 2nd period Coatsy was yawning,  he kept saying nothing much was happening just back and forth with lots of turnovers, that the crowd was quiet.   He continued to rant and the discussion turned to how fightless hockey was boring and that the Flyers were still one of the teams without a hockey fight this season.

3 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Lol, was listening to the radio for some of the game.  In the 2nd period Coatsy was yawning,  he kept saying nothing much was happening just back and forth with lots of turnovers, that the crowd was quiet.   He continued to rant and the discussion turned to how fightless hockey was boring and that the Flyers were still one of the teams without a hockey fight this season.

It's crazy boring hockey. 

4 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Interesting enough it was in the 2nd period when I fell asleep. 

When out of the tv there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the couch to see what was the matter.

Away to the remote, I flew like a flash

Woke up in the third to see Manning's still trash.

😉

Great win by the Flyers! 5-0-1 in last 6. 2nd in the Metro. 

The Devils are dead last in the conference. 

A few thoughts from the game...

- I was time-delayed so I got to forward through commercials and intermissions. Thank goodness because the game itself was mostly boring hockey, and by that I mean without emotion on either side. It’s a long season, and most games will be like that until the playoffs. 

- Flyers didn’t allow a PPGA!!! Baby steps, right? I did notice they were more aggressive on the kill, pursuing the Hawks puck carrier. The Hawks PK, on the other hand, looks passive like ours has been. 

- Elliott looked really sharp. He controlled the rebounds, and stopped way too many point blank chances from the slot. Solid game from Moose.

- G and Coots had great games. 3 points each, +4. Great to see G continue to climb in the team’s history books, and Coots looking more and more like the player from last year. 

- If this team can figure out special teams, they could do some real damage.

Go Flyers!

It was interesting to read the Chicago press.  They see their Hawks for what they are; competent offensively with terrible D.  Crawford has kept them in several games this year and this was no different.

I look forward to our game against Florida.  They have been a tough opponent of late--Barkov and his first line run through us and Ekblad seems to score as well.  

Agreed with our newcomer Scrappy that the D is a work in progress with Provo and Ghost exhibiting some terrible glitches.  Elliott bailed us out. 

The Metropolitan Division is bunched.  Only two teams have positive +/-. We are tied for the top now.  Two or three games down the road we could be a cellar dweller.  Points are like votes--every one counts.  

If Elliott continue to play at least reasonably well, I suspect he gets re-signed for a year or two while we find our "goaltender(s) of the future."  I hope Lyon gets called up soon to serve as back-up.  Hopefully, Neuvy ends his career on LTIR. 

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

They see their Hawks for what they are; competent offensively with terrible D. 

And every time i think they still have Mcdud on the books for one more year after this....it could be worse.

Seabrook is 33 and has 5 more years after this one for 6.8 mill per! YIKES!

Keith is 35 and has 4 more years at 5.5 mill per! YOWZA!!!!!!!!!

Thank God for Folin to come along and actually put Mcdud in the box where he belongs. I think this kid will get a new deal after this year he is the perfect 7th Dman.

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And every time i think they still have Mcdud on the books for one more year after this....it could be worse.

Seabrook is 33 and has 5 more years after this one for 6.8 mill per! YIKES!

Keith is 35 and has 4 more years at 5.5 mill per! YOWZA!!!!!!!!!

Thank God for Folin to come along and actually put Mcdud in the box where he belongs. I think this kid will get a new deal after this year he is the perfect 7th Dman.

Yes, if nothing else, Hexy has done a lot to rid of long-term deadwood. That's also why dumping Quennevile has elements of scapegoating, not that firing coaches doesn't have that to some extent. Bowman has not helped his own cause.  

5 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Yes, if nothing else, Hexy has done a lot to rid of long-term deadwood. That's also why dumping Quennevile has elements of scapegoating, not that firing coaches doesn't have that to some extent. Bowman has not helped his own cause.  

Bingo...

...exactly Bowman has went out and basically handcuffed the club for many years and Q can't do nothing with this aging group it seems so Bowman has to find someone else before they starting looking at him and the way he has strapped them for the next half decade with these garbage contracts.

43 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Maybe he's auditioning for a remake of "Miami Vice," as Macho Moose or some drug kingpin. He appears to be under the influence....of what we don't know.

Maybe he has found Jori sack of magic dust....

COCAINE!!!!

Archived