Minnesota Wild @ St. Louis Blues, Sunday 11-11-18, 2:00pm, Scottrade Center

MNSOTA

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure who all plays fantasy hockey here. I manage two teams in two separate leagues.
With regards to that, from this game, I have Ryan O'Reilly and Zach Parise on one team, and Mikko Koivu, Parise again, and Robbi Fabreeze on the other.

I had Jaden Schwartz, Pat Maroon and Charlie Coyle, but gave up on them due to their slow starts and not being sure what they would do moving forward.

And I HATED giving up on CHAWWWLY, because I look forward to him playing every year and seem to either draft him or pick him up every year.

2 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

And yet, kind of boring game so far.

I'm liking it like a chess match. Both teams are getting their chances and both teams are keeping busy. Defensively they're both covering well. As long as St. Louis cracks somewhere along the line I'm good with it.

1 minute ago, rottenrefs said:

I'm liking it like a chess match. Both teams are getting their chances and both teams are keeping busy. Defensively they're both covering well. As long as St. Louis cracks somewhere along the line I'm good with it.

Fair enough. I prefer more goals, hits, scoring chances, special teams but I guess chess matches can be entertaining too.

Gawd, the Wild can't buy a pass.. hard to believe the shots are 7-6; the ice has been tilted big time for STL.

Maybe if I go get Chinese food, the Wild will get two quick ones while I'm out. It worked for BBG last week, so it might be my turn to take one for the team.

Just now, Hockey-78 said:

Fair enough. I prefer more goals, hits, scoring chances, special teams but I guess chess matches can be entertaining too.

Same here (usually) but I think the Blues were fired up from the start and we're more than holding our own defending their surge attempts without falling into a funk.

2 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Same here (usually) but I think the Blues were fired up from the start and we're more than holding our own defending their surge attempts without falling into a funk.

Yeah, I can appreciate a good game even if my team isn't winning but your narrative is accurate.

1 minute ago, rottenrefs said:

I'm happy the Wild aren't pulling up going after pucks like they're known to do in first periods.

Yeah plus am I hallusinating but I've sensed a touch more of physicality than usual? Greenway showing a good example to the vets. :showingguns: Koivu, good Lord, use your frame...

Well, my nephews won their section, beat the number 1 seed in the semi-final bracket and are off to U.S. Bank Stadium next Friday for a run at Minnesota's 9-man football championship. The little gal is my 77-yr old mom who braved the 15-ish degree weather last night at Bemidji State University... She's 5'8", maybe shrunk to 5'7" lol.

image.png.fad54d2b6765e57499658dddef928430.png

edit: Oh, Chris a senior is on the left - plays DT and Luke a sophomore on the right plays TE.

2 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Yeah plus am I hallusinating but I've sensed a touch more of physicality than usual? Greenway showing a good example to the vets. :showingguns: Koivu, good Lord, use your frame...

Yep, I think they're bumping off one another more than usual.

There was one check LaPanta noted... Suter checked Perron. Umm, no. Perron ran right into him and Suter didn't fall over.

3 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Well, my nephews won their section, beat the number 1 seed in the semi-final bracket and are off to U.S. Bank Stadium next Friday for a run at Minnesota's 9-man football championship. The little gal is my 77-yr old mom who braved the 15-ish degree weather last night at Bemidji State University... She's 5'8", maybe shrunk to 5'7" lol.

image.png.fad54d2b6765e57499658dddef928430.png

Mountain Iron-Buhl?

Looks like Spring Grove, which is from my section (Section 1) is still in the hunt.....they're also last year's 9-man champ.

Archived