Minnesota Wild @ St. Louis Blues, Sunday 11-11-18, 2:00pm, Scottrade Center

MNSOTA

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Yeah, a terrific stretch at the end. But seriously, we shouldn't have put ourselves in that position.

Yah.. Koivu really put us in a lot of bad spots today. Thank goodness for Doobs and Granny.

Wild Finish 7-Game Road Trip on a high note with 3-2 Win over the Blues

Good persistent win and they keep up their odd winning pattern when surrendering the 1st goal.  Resilient and it came from multiple lines.  Nice to see them crashing the net, because that is what got it done tonight.  Another big game for Dubnyk.  I have a full game recap, an Iowa Wild report and a ton of prospect updates too.  Check it out!  

Russo chirped me for calling Koivu mentally fragile...but he really is.  Lots of talk, no bite...lazy penalty, pissed away a power play just to yap at someone too.  

#mnwild⁠ ⁠ has won 10 of its last 12 games (10-2-0) and is 11-4-2 in 17 games this season. The Wild ranks second in the Western Conference and third in the #NHL in points. The 24 points are the most in franchise history after 17 games. #MINvsSTL

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

#mnwild⁠ ⁠ has won 10 of its last 12 games (10-2-0) and is 11-4-2 in 17 games this season. The Wild ranks second in the Western Conference and third in the #NHL in points. The 24 points are the most in franchise history after 17 games. #MINvsSTL

And also we won 5 out of 7 road trip games.  They all such an impressive records so far this season.

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Russo chirped me for calling Koivu mentally fragile...but he really is.  Lots of talk, no bite...lazy penalty, pissed away a power play just to yap at someone too.  

I LOL!  That was classic Mikko.  Committed an obvious 100% of the time penalty then whines and whines...  And keeps whining even after he gets out of the box.  But give Mikko credit, he has played very well so far this season.  Exceeding my expectations by a lot.

Obviously the Wild is a 3rd period team.  Flashback to the Lemaire days - BB might be molding this roster into the one goal lead in the 3rd = a Win.  The old school Wild had insane winning % with a lead in the 3rd.    Be cool to see that again!

9 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

That is now 8 come from behind wins already this season. Most in the league 

While that certainly is a nice thing, it sorta makes me wish though that the Wild don't HAVE to constantly come from behind.
How about a little "Play from in front action" a bit more often?

Certainly would be easier on my nails.... :ahappy:

1 hour ago, Fargocase said:

Really?  Funny how I watched and listened to an excellent regulation win on the road, but you label it as "lucky."

I was talking about the last 30 or 40 seconds of the third period. Yes  damn lucky the game wasn't tied the blues came damn close to putting the puck in the net. So watch those last 30 or 40 seconds after Spurgie pucks up and ices the puck and the blues get a chance to pull their goalie. Now Captain Video tell me they were not lucky and Duby was not great the game wasn't tied.   

OK, I get context.  I watched the first 30 minutes then listened to the rest on radio.  I watched the last 30 mins a couple hours later.  But you can easily point out numerous times when StL got "lucky", too.

They say "They all can't be Rembrandts"...This one was more of a Piccasso where even his mother wouldn't have put it on the refrigerator. ;) 

Our equipment guy must have mistakenly given them electrical tape.

The Blues weren't any better but since we played just a week ago, They seemed to know exactly what we were going to do with the puck and had no troubles breaking up our game. 

People think of Dubnyk as an Edmonton backup working his way out of the league collecting splinters. Truth be told, pro scouts were high enough on the 6-6 net minder to go 14th overall to Edmonton. Wild are fortunate to have him in what is looking like fine prime years in a western Canadian kids' career.

Archived