Game 18: Panthers at Flyers, 11/13/18 @ 7

Howie58

We are mild favorites; notice that the Panthers are not a good bet visiting in Philly:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/florida-philadelphia-odds-november-13-2018-1021110

Overall, we do well against this team, but over the last few years, they have been a challenge.  These teams have very similar records over their past 10 games. 

https://news.sportsinteraction.com/nhl/matchup/panthers-vs-flyers-odds-111318-22356

This should be a bigger challenge than Chicago.  

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

We are mild favorites; notice that the Panthers are not a good bet visiting in Philly:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/florida-philadelphia-odds-november-13-2018-1021110

Overall, we do well against this team, but over the last few years, they have been a challenge.  These teams have very similar records over their past 10 games. 

https://news.sportsinteraction.com/nhl/matchup/panthers-vs-flyers-odds-111318-22356

This should be a bigger challenge than Chicago.  

These new age Panthers always give the Flyers fit and Luongo in net they should be even tougher.

This could be a tough one but I can see the Flyers winning if Elliott we saw the other day returns.

Flyers 5

Panthers 3

I'm going to try and make time to sit down and watch this game tonight....hopefully my wife and daughter acquiesce.

Image result for flyers goal vs panthers gif

PROJECTED LINEUPS (Subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
22 Dale Weise - 40 Jordan Weal - 17 Wayne Simmonds
21 Scott Laughton - 15 Jori Lehterä - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 8 Robert Hägg
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 26 Christian Folin
6 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas

37 Brian Elliott
[33 Cal Pickard]

Scratches: 47 Andrew MacDonald (healthy), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body), 12 Michael Raffl (IR, lower body), 10 Corban Knight (IR, collarbone), 25 James van Riemsdyk (IR, lower body), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

PANTHERS

63 Evgeny Dadonov - 16 Aleksander Barkov - 68 Mike Hoffman
11 Jonathan Huberdeau - 21 Vincent Trocheck - 72 Frank Vatrano
62 Denis Malgin - 90 Jared McCann - 27 Nick Bjugstad
22 Troy Brouwer - 91 Juho Lammikko - 7 Colton Sceviour

19 Michael Matheson - 5 Aaron Ekblad
3 Keith Yandle - 6 Alex Petrovic
55 Bogdan Kiselevich - 52 MacKenzie Weegar

1 Roberto Luongo
[34 James Reimer]

Scratches: 13 Mark Pysyk (day-to-day, upper body), 78 Maxim Mamin (healthy), 17 Derek McKenzie (IR, upper body).

Flyers going for 4 in a row.

Flyers 6-3-1

Panthers 6-3-1 have won 4 in a row. 3-2-2 on the road.

So as you can see the same record over the last 10 Florida going for their 5th in a row.

So a huge test to see where they are at.

They have to find a way to stop or at least limit Barkov 13 points in 14 games.

Dadonov actually leads them in points 7 goals 16 points on the year.

And Luongo comes in undefeated 3-0 952% 1.42 gaa.

I hope Elliott is up for the goalie battle Flyers are going to need him.

Let's go Flyers show us if you are for real better or just taking advantage of weaker teams.

32 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

toughest test since the flyers turned it around.  Panthers are pretty deep on the top two lines and play an overall good defensive game.  This should be a good measuring stick of where we are ...

I hope Elliott if up for a battle with Luongo because he is playing very well right now.

Everyone on the team will need their A game for 60 minutes tonight.

Go get a win.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hope Elliott if up for a battle with Luongo because he is playing very well right now.

Everyone on the team will need their A game for 60 minutes tonight.

Go get a win.

agreed.... big and fast team.  This needs to be a win to validate their recent play - you have to beat good teams to be a good team.

Panthers are as hot as the Flyers.  Their first line is so dangerous and will give G/Couturier/V fits.  Their PP is clicking and Luongo has settled the net.  They have also beat some pretty good teams, albeit at home.  Should be a tough game for the Flyers.  I think the Panthers take this one.  Just don't see this as a good match up at the moment.

This has the feel of a playoff game.  In a positive note--it is two teams on the upswing. On the downside--we should have home ice advantage and a more balanced attack.  Barkov is big and our D struggles with this dude.  

19 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Ekblad is another one we have troubles with....not surprised he opens scoring on our wonderful PK.  We are half way through the game with 11 shots on goal . Yikes. 

Well I just sat down long enough to watch the 2nd goal to know that yeah Elliott can't match 80 year old Luongo....so yeah I got back up and just turned the TV to something else my wife wanted watch.

Goodnight all.

Great 3rd by the Flyers. Luongo continues to show what a top tier goalie is supposed to look like. Elliott was not bad and this loss is not on him. Flyers seemed to wait until the 3rd period to start skating like this was a game and not a practice. Where was that push for the first two periods? If I am the coach, we all watch the game video and I question each and every one of them as to what took them so long to wake the eff up.....

Unlike last March, we weren't skated through. But on the other hand, it is almost as if we ceded home ice.  It was unwatchable after two and I listened on Sirius while exercising. I guess we showed more spunk but to no avail.

Prococop is Provoslop.  Dumb penalties. Dumb turnovers.  Is he trying to do too much? Is he depressed. Yikes.

Man if they could fix the putrid power play it would help with the burden.

3 for 39 since October 13th worst in the NHL.

Thank God for Knoblach.

Oh that's right it's all Hak's fault the other guys are just puppets.

Even though they lost I don't think they played all that bad of a game.  Yes, Moose gave up that odd goal but otherwise was very good.   Not sure they would be competitive in a series against the cats but it wasn't an ugly loss.  They skated hard and lost of an odd play...  

The bad here is that Provorov looks lost out there.   He has been brutal this year...  and I am tired of watching Weal be pushed around like a leaf on a windy day.  We need a real 3rd line center.

Archived