Game 19: Devils at Flyers, 15/11/18 @ 7 EST

brelic

Hey-o! Look who's back - potentially...

Here's Bill M's take -> https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-111518-vs-NJ-Phantoms-Update/45/95951

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
25 James van Riemsdyk - 40 Jordan Weal - 17 Wayne Simmonds
22 Dale Weise - 21 Scott Laughton - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 8 Robert Hägg
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 26 Christian Folin
6 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas

37 Brian Elliott
[33 Cal Pickard]

Scratches: 47 Andrew MacDonald (healthy), 15 Jori Lehterä or 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel (healthy), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body), 12 Michael Raffl (IR, lower body), 10 Corban Knight (IR, collarbone), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

DEVILS

9 Taylor Hall - 19 Travis Zajac - 21 Kyle Palmieri
90 Marcus Johansson - 37 Pavel Zacha - 63 Jesper Bratt 
20 Blake Coleman - 43 Brent Seney - 49 Joey Anderson
44 Miles Wood - 10 Jean-Sebastien Dea - 23 Stefan Noesen

25 Mirco Mueller - 45 Sami Vatanen
6 Andy Greene - 28 Damon Severson
8 Will Butcher - 12 Ben Lovejoy

1 Keith Kinkaid
[35 Cory Schneider]

Scratches: 13 Nico Hischier (questionable, upper body), 18 Drew Stafford (healthy), 74 Egor Yakolev (healthy), 11 Brian Boyle (IR, upper body), 16 Steve Santini (IR, broken jaw).

We are favorities:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/new-jersey-philadelphia-odds-november-15-2018-1021170

The Devils are awful on the road, but we know Kincaid plays us tough.  Tuesday's loss to the Panthers left me befuddled. I don't know what to expect in terms of effort or ability to put the puck in the net.  I hope we start a new winning streak, but who knows with this bunch. 

I just watched the highlight of the goal scored who was that that was knocked down on that turnover goal? Patrick?

Nice back check by Jake there with his weak last minute half ass attempt with his stick.

And then Elliott with his even better 10 bell save. NOT!

Those are the goal that just dive me crazy with Elliott sure it was a turnover but bro you have to make that damnit!

I don't like the Flyers approach to the "rush" up ice on the power play. It's clearly by design and i think it was designed by an idiot. 

Every time, a flyer brings the puck up ice, in the middle, with three flyers ahead of him and one behind.  The puck carrier stops and turns and passes back to the player behind while that player is expected to carry to the blueline while the others age waiting. As does the opposition. 

Presumably, the carrier can take it in (through multiple waiting defenders at this point, pass to a completely motionless Flyer, or dump it in - - so the motionless flyers can go get it under the premise that players starting from a complete stop will beat the defenders to the puck or provide any significant pressure on the defense that got to it first. 

This approach makes entry difficult and almost assures loss of possession (critical to a good power play). 

Am I wrong when I say I do not see other teams doing this on a regular basis like the Flyers do? 

It seems that this coaching staff abhors speed and will come up with any way possible to remove it from the Flyers game.  I do not understand this approach. Anyone? 

8 minutes ago, intheslot said:

this team needs to go a fish diet, fish =brain food which this is lacking,not food  brains.

They seen to be dumb azzes. (mostly G and Jake ..)

Coached by a dumb ###

G_d, it is becoming tough to watch this team.  Whether or not we fault the goalpost/crossbar, you would still ask if we are just not getting enough lateral movement to get the puck "easily" past the  line.  Our PP is not getting the job done.  Frustration.

0 for 4 on the PP.

I know the PK has sucked has for years.

But I expected it when they didn't fire Lappy.

Flyers now 3 for their last 43 chances.

DEAD F**KING LAST since October 13th.

This is the team's biggest problem besides a sieve in goal regardless the situation.

I insist the ability is there. The structure and design is mindnumbingly insane. What I described above on the power play is being attempted 5v5. It has yet to work. It's easily predictable and has little chance of success. I don't care who the players are. 

FIRE THIS STAFF

40 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I insist the ability is there. The structure and design is mindnumbingly insane. What I described above on the power play is being attempted 5v5. It has yet to work. It's easily predictable and has little chance of success. I don't care who the players are. 

FIRE THIS STAFF

I change my mind on Nylander...

...go get his ass, he will fit right in with this bunch of soft pu**y perimeter playing bunch of pansies!

11 hours ago, Howie58 said:

We are favorities:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/new-jersey-philadelphia-odds-november-15-2018-1021170

The Devils are awful on the road, but we know Kincaid plays us tough.  Tuesday's loss to the Panthers left me befuddled. I don't know what to expect in terms of effort or ability to put the puck in the net.  I hope we start a new winning streak, but who knows with this bunch. 

Well, Kinkaid is Brodeur-like against us.  Our shooting yields nothing.  

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I change my mind on Nylander...

...go get his ass, he will fit right in with this bunch of soft pu**y perimeter playing bunch of pansies!

Relax Occam, we have pu**ies and pansies all over the league now! Sure you hate it but what can you do. Funny though, players earned nothing 30 years ago while having to stand in front of the net get beaten up by the likes of Billy Smith. Now these sissies earn millions without having to take so much if none bruising.

You trade one of your pu**ies, you get one back. You have Simmonds and Gudas, hold on to them.

Archived