Wild vs. Sabres 11/17/18 @ 5:00PM at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Sabres Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (12-5-2)  26pts  2nd in the Central

3.26 Goals For Per Game (10th in the NHL)

2.63 Goals Against Per Game (6th in the NHL)

20.6% Power Play (14th in the NHL)

85.5% Penalty Kill (4th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #64 Mikael Granlund ~ 10G 9A = 19pts

2. #11 Zach Parise ~ 7G 9A = 16pts

3. #9 Mikko Koivu ~ 4G 12A = 16pts

4. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 3G 12A = 15pts

5. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 6G 8A = 14pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 21 PIM’s

2. #21 Eric Fehr ~ 18 PIM’s

3. #36 Nick Seeler ~ 13 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (9-4-2)  2.32GAA  .926%SP

2. #32 Alex Stalock (3-1-0)  2.73GAA  .905%SP

Vs.

Buffalo Sabres (11-6-2)  24pts  3rd in the Atlantic

2.89 Goals For Per Game (21st in the NHL)

2.84 Goals Against Per Game (11th in the NHL)

18.5% Power Play (20th in the NHL)

82.1% Penalty Kill (9th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #53 Jeff Skinner ~ 14G 7A = 21pts

2. #15 Jack Eichel ~ 4G 16A = 20pts

3. #29 Jason Pominville ~ 8G 7A = 15pts

4. #23 Sam Reinhart ~ 2G 11A = 13pts

5. #43 Connor Sheary ~ 6G 4A = 10pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #4 Zach Bogosian ~ 21 PIM’s

2. #21 Kyle Okposo ~ 20 PIM’s

3. #19 Jake McCabe ~ 14 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Carter Hutton (8-6-1)  2.52GAA  .919%SP

2. #35 Linus Ullmark (3-0-1)  2.79GAA  .916%SP  1SO

MNSOTA wrote up the game preview and I'll be on the post-gamer which will have a ton of extras (spoiler alert).  The Sabres are coming off a gritty effort that gave them a shootout win over Winnipeg last night.  Hopefully the Wild can take advantage of that.  Hutton started last night, so I'd expect to see Ullmark get the start.  Enjoy and discuss!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Wild vs. Sabres Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (12-5-2)  26pts  2nd in the Central

3.26 Goals For Per Game (10th in the NHL)

2.63 Goals Against Per Game (6th in the NHL)

20.6% Power Play (14th in the NHL)

85.5% Penalty Kill (4th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #64 Mikael Granlund ~ 10G 9A = 19pts

2. #11 Zach Parise ~ 7G 9A = 16pts

3. #9 Mikko Koivu ~ 4G 12A = 16pts

4. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 3G 12A = 15pts

5. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 6G 8A = 14pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 21 PIM’s

2. #21 Eric Fehr ~ 18 PIM’s

3. #36 Nick Seeler ~ 13 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (9-4-2)  2.32GAA  .926%SP

2. #32 Alex Stalock (3-1-0)  2.73GAA  .905%SP

Vs.

Buffalo Sabres (11-6-2)  24pts  3rd in the Atlantic

2.89 Goals For Per Game (21st in the NHL)

2.84 Goals Against Per Game (11th in the NHL)

18.5% Power Play (20th in the NHL)

82.1% Penalty Kill (9th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #53 Jeff Skinner ~ 14G 7A = 21pts

2. #15 Jack Eichel ~ 4G 16A = 20pts

3. #29 Jason Pominville ~ 8G 7A = 15pts

4. #23 Sam Reinhart ~ 2G 11A = 13pts

5. #43 Connor Sheary ~ 6G 4A = 10pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #4 Zach Bogosian ~ 21 PIM’s

2. #21 Kyle Okposo ~ 20 PIM’s

3. #19 Jake McCabe ~ 14 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Carter Hutton (8-6-1)  2.52GAA  .919%SP

2. #35 Linus Ullmark (3-0-1)  2.79GAA  .916%SP  1SO

MNSOTA wrote up the game preview and I'll be on the post-gamer which will have a ton of extras (spoiler alert).  The Sabres are coming off a gritty effort that gave them a shootout win over Winnipeg last night.  Hopefully the Wild can take advantage of that.  Hutton started last night, so I'd expect to see Ullmark get the start.  Enjoy and discuss!

Yes we are at a decided disadvantage having to go with Ullmark, but I am expecting us to score a few and be in this.  Foligno played for the Sabres and knows us well.  I am hoping for us to win 5 in a row

Good evening, all. OK, first things first: whose turn is it to make a Chinese food run if the Wild need two quick goals?

I believe it was IllaZilla who started it a couple of weeks ago.. suddenly, there was a post saying "damn, I go out to get Chinese food, and the Wild score two on the same shift?" So the rest of us said "well, go get some more!"  And damned if it didn't work again last week, when the Wild potted two quick ones on my short drive back home from getting Chinese food..

I made the mistake of eating earlier today, so somebody else is gonna need to take one for the team if we get behind tonight. Then again, this game has the makings of another boring blowout for the good guys, so maybe we can skip the food part and proceed to the drinking part. GO WILD!!!

Ugh, I think I'm starting to get sick. I've been battling a sore throat for over a week, but it hasn't been enough for me to go in and get it checked out (why deal with a 30 minute drive and a $20 co-pay for a cold they probably wouldn't give me anything for). But of course since I've taken this week off, NOW is when I'm going to start really getting sick. I'm actually HOPING for an ear infection, because then they'll give me antibiotics.

Well, well...

Just now able to settle in and watch some Wild hockey, and whaddya know, the boys in green have been spotted a 2-0 lead already!

And Buffalo, who had been playing well, including a big wins over Cup hopefuls Tampa Bay and Winnipeg, look a little shell shocked here.
Parise and Dumba with the goals? Just caught Mat's big point shot too....very nice!

Keep it going boys!
Go Wild GOOOOO!
:wild:  716651128_VikingSkoool.gif.e735cf71d63f4f9b10c996deb034e91f.gif

4 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Ugh, I think I'm starting to get sick. I've been battling a sore throat for over a week, but it hasn't been enough for me to go in and get it checked out (why deal with a 30 minute drive and a $20 co-pay for a cold they probably wouldn't give me anything for). But of course since I've taken this week off, NOW is when I'm going to start really getting sick. I'm actually HOPING for an ear infection, because then they'll give me antibiotics.

Yeah it would be bad timing MN!   Hope you feel better

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, well...

Just now able to settle in and watch some Wild hockey, and whaddya know, the boys in green have been spotted a 2-0 lead already!

And Buffalo, who had been playing well, including a big wins over Cup hopefuls Tampa Bay and Winnipeg, look a little shell shocked here.
Parise and Dumba with the goals? Just caught Mat's big point shot too....very nice!

Keep it going boys!
Go Wild GOOOOO!
:wild:  716651128_VikingSkoool.gif.e735cf71d63f4f9b10c996deb034e91f.gif

Same, was out and about today..... 5 is such a weird start time!  

@MNSOTA  I hear ya about those doctors. They used to hand out antibiotics like CF handed out NMCs, but these days they won't give anything out unless you have Ebola..

Try gin for the sore throat: I've had luck with letting it hang in the throat area for a minute before swallowing it. Repeat that procedure until the throat is no longer sore. 😷

Just now, McMahon 6 said:

@MNSOTA  I hear ya about those doctors. They used to hand out antibiotics like CF handed out NMCs, but these days they won't give anything out unless you have Ebola..

Try gin for the sore throat: I've had luck with letting it hang in the throat area for a minute before swallowing it. Repeat that procedure until the throat is no longer sore. 😷

Well I'm allergic to BOTH penicillin and sulfa, so yeah I need to pretty much be on death's door to get anything.

I'm not a big fan of gin, but I do have a fresh bottle of vodka. I'm sure there's some medicinal properties in that.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Wow...that was nasty

Gotta give Dahlin and the Sabres credit there.
Just filthy.
Dubynk just got beat...as well as the defense by some slick moves and a wicked SOG

Yup, definitely an earned goal..... 

Awesome way to finish a period. Pucks on net, bodies in front and making trouble, and 18 SOG. Man, that's a thing of beauty! Hope they stay on the gas in the 2nd, and give the Sabres a reason to fold up the tent in the 3rd. Keep it going, Wild!!

12 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Well I'm allergic to BOTH penicillin and sulfa, so yeah I need to pretty much be on death's door to get anything.

I'm not a big fan of gin, but I do have a fresh bottle of vodka. I'm sure there's some medicinal properties in that.

You just haven’t found the right gin!

Hendricks has a hint of cucumber in it. 

New Amsterdam is more citrus then juniper based. 

13 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Yah, vodka oughta work.. I think the trick is to let it hang in the throat area long enough so ya can really feel the bacteria and viruses begging for mercy. Get well soon, Sota.

Archived