Game 21: Flyers at Sabres 11/21/18 7:30 pm

OccamsRazor

Image result for flyers goal vs sabres gif

This the quarter mark.

It would be nice to seem them get back to winning.

I would really love to see what Lyon can do.

I am done trusting Pickard. Give Lyon a chance to see if he is ready.

Lyon will be 26 in December....if not now then he will never be more than a AHL guy.

The need to find out what they have if for no other reason so they can plan for next year.

Lyon is the only guy not named Hart who is under contract for next year. 

Flyers on the road are 5-3-1.

Sabres at home are 7-2-0.

Image result for flyers goal vs sabres gif

Flyers need this.

Some improved special teams play could go a long way to helping.

Let's get the win!!!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No reason to not play Lyon at this point.  

Sabres playing very well at this point, though.  Another tough game.  At least it's on the road.

Schedule not getting much easier any time soon.

37 minutes ago, brelic said:

I agree. Go with Lyon.

It's just time to see yes he can help and let's maybe let him play more if nothing else to back Elliott up if/when he gets healthy or no he isn't any better than Pickard and send him back and then move on when the time comes.

ugh.... sad that I don't even get excited for upcoming games these days.  I actually *chose* to go grocery shopping for the beginning of the Tampa game on Saturday.  My wife thinks I am cheating on her b/c in 20 years of marriage I have never been so "meh" about this team.  Whether it be the mediocrity that seems to have this team stuck in neutral or the blase attitude of management I just can't work up all that much enthusiasm these days.

Team play these days are like a flip of a coin.   Maybe they play well and maybe they won't...   who knows and right now not sure I will be watching.

8 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I actually *chose* to go grocery shopping for the beginning of the Tampa game on Saturday.  My wife thinks I am cheating on her b/c in 20 years of marriage I have never been so "meh" about this team.

Classic!

The Sabres are definitely trending in the right direction. 

Jeff Skinner has been pretty good for them.

I watched some of their game vs the Pens last night, Buffalo skates pretty well, are willing to shoot from anywhere and are pretty accurate. Looks like teams can get some chances against them because after Ristolienan's pairing, the defense is "okay".

They are starting to look pretty decent to me. 

22 hours ago, brelic said:

I agree. Go with Lyon.

Now way Lyon can be worse than Pickard's 852% right.

Even if Lyon comes in and performs to his NHL average he has now (905%) that would be an improvement.

These guys need some confidence....and someone that is going to give them a chance to win in net.

Now i am not in no way saying Lyon is the answer. But one thing i do know is Pickard isn't.

So WTF do they have to lose than to look right under their noses.

And if he can't then they are screwed and need to look elsewhere.

29 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Now way Lyon can be worse than Pickard's 852% right.

Even if Lyon comes in and performs to his NHL average he has now (905%) that would be an improvement.

These guys need some confidence....and someone that is going to give them a chance to win in net.

Now i am not in no way saying Lyon is the answer. But one thing i do know is Pickard isn't.

So WTF do they have to lose than to look right under their noses.

And if he can't then they are screwed and need to look elsewhere.

Exactly, I would go with Lyon. I like him as a person - seems very genuine, down to earth kind of guy. And he's earned a chance to show if he's improved since last time.

He wasn't terrible the last few times he played, but I never get the sense that he has the game under control either at this level.

Organization-wide, goaltending is a major problem this year. 

Flyers

37    Brian Elliott    2.59   0.911
33    Calvin Pickard    4.60    0.852
30    Michal Neuvirth   6.00   0.727

Phantoms

32    Michal Neuvirth    3.00   0.912
34    Alex Lyon    3.54  0.910
41    Anthony Stolarz    3.34  0.889
31    Carter Hart    3.52    0.884

6 minutes ago, brelic said:

He wasn't terrible the last few times he played, but I never get the sense that he has the game under control either at this level.

I agree to me it always seemed like he was pressing to much adding pressure to himself i am sure maybe nerves he just never got under control because he was wanting to seize the opportunity that was in front of him.

Coming out of college he was use to being the man at Yale and i'm sure as he stated in his interviews wants to return to that status.

Well first thing he can do is learn from that last by putting all that pressure on himself and just coming out and settling down in the crease and make the simple stops he is suppose to make and go from there.

Eliminate the spastic play i saw at times when the puck was loose and display better composure.

There were a few times last he looked like someone yelled "GRENADE!!!" and he frantically was looking for it.

I hope if given the chance he plays better and more mature...because if he doesn't it may be his last shot here.

Just the reality of the situation....Flyers need solid goaltending and i don't care where it comes from as long as they get it.

Hart and Sandstrom are coming soon and time is running out on him and Stolie.

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is good to see. Flyers could use Raffl back in the lineup...

...Neuvy i could care less about.

Good to see Neuvirth was able to skate to his net without getting hurt.

6 hours ago, brelic said:

Flyers

37    Brian Elliott    2.59   0.911
33    Calvin Pickard    4.60    0.852
30    Michal Neuvirth   6.00   0.727

Phantoms

32    Michal Neuvirth    3.00   0.912
34    Alex Lyon    3.54  0.910
41    Anthony Stolarz    3.34  0.889
31    Carter Hart    3.52    0.884

It's nothing that a Porsche small van and a concrete abutment couldn't fix :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

100% agree, put Lyon in net. 

Nothing will change if they don't change something.

It is quite tiresome to see this management let young goaltenders languish in the AHL. Akin to leaving fruit on the vine until it rots.

2 hours ago, GreyMan said:

100% agree, put Lyon in net. 

Nothing will change if they don't change something.

It is quite tiresome to see this management let young goaltenders languish in the AHL. Akin to leaving fruit on the vine until it rots.

Very well put.

Archived