Trochek going to be out long term. Ouch

hf101

Vinnie is one of my favorite players in the game-period. He is the very definition of underrated, a team that gets zero pub and what little notice they do receive goes to Barkov (justifiably) and Luongo (not so much) the Panthers are a strange team, they literally play their top two lines twenty minutes a night each which is unheard of in todays game and losing Trocheck is crippling for them. 

What a bizarre game in Ottawa. Not only did Vinnie go down but a 77 year old fan had a heart attack with three minutes to go in the first and the players were sent to the locker room early and the time was added to the start of the second. Only the Senators. 

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I haven't seen a report on either diagnosis or prognosis. Has there been any? 

I mean other than "lower body injury."  In case anyone saw that and thought, "yep, collar bone." 

He is scheduled for surgery to 'significant injury to his leg' is all that I have found.  My guess, purely speculative but watching the fall it is likely his knee and if so his season is done.

Watched a video replay of injury early this morning.  Looked very bad when he went into the boards.  Agree ... HUGE loss for the Panthers.  Between this injury and the injury to Alex Smith on Sunday..... both real bad.  God speed to both of them.....

22 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

He is scheduled for surgery to 'significant injury to his leg' is all that I have found.  My guess, purely speculative but watching the fall it is likely his knee and if so his season is done.

Yeah. It looked done to me. My concern was honestly career. 

54 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah .... depending on the severity of the damage... that certainly has to be considered.  Even if not career ending... it looks to be a long road to recovery. Will he ever be the same player again.... only time will tell.

19 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Per Team Press Release:

SUNRISE, Fla. - Florida Panthers President of Hockey Operations & General Manager Dale Tallon announced today that Panthers forward Vincent Trocheck underwent successful surgery to repair an ankle fracture and will be out of the lineup indefinitely.

Trocheck, 25, sustained his injury during the first period of Florida's Nov. 19 game against the Ottawa Senators.

"Vinny is a tremendous competitor and leader for our club," said Tallon. "It's never easy to see a player and person like him suffer an injury like this, but we are confident that he will make a full recovery and be back on the ice with our team this season."

Tough loss for a Panthers team which currently sits at the bottom of the Atlantic Division.

Archived