Wild vs. Senators 11/21/18 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Suter's slapshot (live) rivals girl high school hockey players.

Dear Mr. Rotten,

Please cease and desist from mentioning Suter's slapshot in the same breath as ours. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Roseville Girls Hockey

Didn't get to see it, but from comments here, might I summarize: beware the dreaded 2 goal lead, watch out for airborne fecal matter, 3 toed midgets and ponytail hockey girls have wicked slap shots, Bruce Boudreau will never make cover of GQ and the more you shoot the more you score. That about cover it?

27 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Didn't get to see it, but from comments here, might I summarize: beware the dreaded 2 goal lead, watch out for airborne fecal matter, 3 toed midgets and ponytail hockey girls have wicked slap shots, Bruce Boudreau will never make cover of GQ and the more you shoot the more you score. That about cover it?

Yep, pretty close. And don't forget: if you wanna help improve the Wild's luck, eating Chinese food is much better mojo than eating Italian...

10 hours ago, McMahon 6 said:

Yep, pretty close. And don't forget: if you wanna help improve the Wild's luck, eating Chinese food is much better mojo than eating Italian...

Mexican must be good too....

We were having homemade tacos while the Wild were taking care of business against the Sens!  😋
Although MAYBE it was the tacos that caused Ottawa to tie the game at 4 in the first place....🤔

Nahhh…..poor defensive coverage led to that.... 😁

Decided to just enjoy watching the game with my family instead of writing my post-gamer.  But I saw the whole thing.  A few thoughts...

The Senators literally don't play almost any defense beyond blocking a shot if the opportunity arises.  Other than that, the Wild were creating all kinds of prime chances most of the game.  In fact, Ottawa didn't look like it wanted to be there until they got their first goal.  Then suddenly they were very engaged and the game turned into a track meet.  

Defensively, started out good and then...mostly it was sub-par goaltending for both sides.  Dubnyk was crappy...but Anderson was much worse.  Stalock was good enough and IMO deserved the win for the way Dubnyk's soft goals nearly helped throw this one away.  

Coyle may have gotten a few helpers but I felt he was a passenger in this game.  Eriksson Ek had his best game of the season thus far.  

Suter's slap shot is softer than Culver's custard.  

As the saying goes, a fun game for fans, but a mostly ugly performance for the team, coaches and players.  3rd period leads can't disappear like that.  I would've pulled Dubnyk when the Senators got their 3rd goal instead of waiting for them to tie it up first.  

Seems like Dubnyk's annual meltdown has begun.

Couple of terrific saucer passes from Granlund.

Dumba is offensively gifted and his shot is obviously great but at times he's just so careless with the puck and defending:

https://www.nhl.com/video/chabots-shorthanded-goal/t-299996878/c-63219303

CF made some mistakes but perhaps his best signing big Eric just keeps on producing. Fenton will have his work cut out for him in March when deciding whether to trade or keep him at the deadline .

4 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Dumba is offensively gifted and his shot is obviously great but at times he's just so careless with the puck and defending:

CF made some mistakes but perhaps his best signing big Eric just keeps on producing. Fenton will have his work cut out for him in March when deciding whether to trade or keep him at the deadline .

I don't know if I would put that on Dumba after watching the video, there were a lot of players who fouled that play up.

Big E Staal was probably Fletcher's best signing.

I hope we can keep him.

I think Fenton's best free agent signing has been Eric Fehr.

5 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

So if Dumba is in on the left side, Spurgeon likewise is at the left blueline... Who's covering for Dumba on the right side? Nino and Koivu. They did a poor job doing so too because neither of them position themselves to slow the man coming up ice.

I was at the game last night and while Dumba may have tried passing the puck across the middle, just about every Wild player does it but the results aren't always the same by giving up a goal. As I've said going on 3-4 years now, when Dumba goes in forwards just don't cover his side of the ice for him. They've gotten better (as with most the forwards - finally) but the exceptions are still Nino and Koivu. 

Take another look at the game again. What line(s) were out there for all 4 of the Senators goals?

5 hours ago, Tomdog said:

I don't know if I would put that on Dumba after watching the video, there were a lot of players who fouled that play up.

Big E Staal was probably Fletcher's best signing.

I hope we can keep him.

I think Fenton's best free agent signing has been Eric Fehr.

Of course, weak effort from all of them. I meant it as an example of Dumba's play. He does that quite often if you look at him closely. He's not the guy who takes the safest route and that leads to troubles. I think he gets burned too often.

5 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

So if Dumba is in on the left side, Spurgeon likewise is at the left blueline... Who's covering for Dumba on the right side? Nino and Koivu. They did a poor job doing so too because neither of them position themselves to slow the man coming up ice.

I was at the game last night and while Dumba may have tried passing the puck across the middle, just about every Wild player does it but the results aren't always the same by giving up a goal. As I've said going on 3-4 years now, when Dumba goes in forwards just don't cover his side of the ice for him. They've gotten better (as with most the forwards - finally) but the exceptions are still Nino and Koivu. 

Take another look at the game again. What line(s) were out there for all 4 of the Senators goals?

You are absolutely right in each paragraph.

I just think Dumba is the most eager beaver to attempt some fancy, risky plays with the puck. Even when the situation isn't forcing him to do that. Lack of hockey IQ really.

In that particular moment who was he even trying to pass that puck? There was no one even near. My point is Dumba's taking unnecessary risks from time and time again. I hope he'd very soon learn to get rid of that habit.

Where was Dumba going with that pass?? Then he just kind of stood there and admired it for a couple of seconds and didn't hustle back like he should have. To his defense the play did look harmless at first, but the rest of the Wild let Ottawa cruise into our zone 3 on 3, make one pass and get an uncontested 35-foot slap shot, which Dubnyk let in, of course.  Extremely lazy play by the Wild. 

7 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

You are absolutely right in each paragraph.

I just think Dumba is the most eager beaver to attempt some fancy, risky plays with the puck. Even when the situation isn't forcing him to do that. Lack of hockey IQ really.

In that particular moment who was he even trying to pass that puck? There was no one even near. My point is Dumba's taking unnecessary risks from time and time again. I hope he'd very soon learn to get rid of that habit.

Fully agree. 

I don't see it changing much because he's scoring goals to cloud the issue. Baby steps I guess.

8 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

😉

I'm seeing a pattern there.

I'm not surprised in this game given Ottawa's All-in, Run-n-Gun style. A very quick transition game do not favor Koivu. ;)

I did love the Bull run he did eventually getting Fehr the puck on the EN goal. One arm wrestling down 1 player and dragging along another was a great thing to see. There could've been about 3-4 penalties called on that one play alone.

Archived