Wild vs. Senators 11/21/18 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

Fully agree. 

I don't see it changing much because he's scoring goals to cloud the issue. Baby steps I guess.

I'm not surprised in this game given Ottawa's All-in, Run-n-Gun style. A very quick transition game do not favor Koivu. ;)

I did love the Bull run he did eventually getting Fehr the puck on the EN goal. One arm wrestling down 1 player and dragging along another was a great thing to see. There could've been about 3-4 penalties called on that one play alone.

Koivu was in position to make a move on the puck handler(s) but never closed the gap.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

You are absolutely right in each paragraph.

I just think Dumba is the most eager beaver to attempt some fancy, risky plays with the puck. Even when the situation isn't forcing him to do that. Lack of hockey IQ really.

In that particular moment who was he even trying to pass that puck? There was no one even near. My point is Dumba's taking unnecessary risks from time and time again. I hope he'd very soon learn to get rid of that habit.

He was doing what a lot of Wild players do... Pass the puck out in front of the net hoping a team mate can be there to get a shot off. Risky? Yes. I'm just saying he's not alone whisking a puck out there without a team mate present.

But true, him with the puck alongside the boards on the left side after looping around to end up over there (with him playing right D) an offensive player needed to cover the blue line and didn't. Koivu was over there and opted to retreat all the way down ice rather than take the man with the puck.

3 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

He was doing what a lot of Wild players do... Pass the puck out in front of the net hoping a team mate can be there to get a shot off. Risky? Yes. I'm just saying he's not alone whisking a puck out there without a team mate present.

But true, him with the puck alongside the boards on the left side after looping around to end up over there (with him playing right D) an offensive player needed to cover the blue line and didn't. Koivu was over there and opted to retreat all the way down ice rather than take the man with the puck.

That's the point I was trying to make as well--a team effort contributing to a bad play--it just happened to have been started by Dumba. Nobody "had his back".

I like Dumba and the way he plays--the strides he's made as a player since day one with the Wild are fantastic. He can afford a couple of mistakes if he keeps scoring at his current pace of 35 goals this season! 

The thing I also like about Dumba is that so far he hasn't had the "just signed a big contract I've made it now I can cruise attitude".

Archived