Senators trade Chris Wideman to Oilers for 6th rd pick

JR Ewing

EDMONTON — The Edmonton Oilers have acquired defenceman Chris Wideman from the Ottawa Senators for a sixth-round pick in the 2020 NHL draft.

The pick was previously acquired by Edmonton from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for defenceman Jakub Jerabek on Oct. 1.

Wideman has recorded five points (two goals, three assists) and 12 penalty minutes in 19 games in 2018-19.

The St. Louis native has 43 points (16 goals, 27 assists), 98 penalty minutes and a plus/minus rating of plus-7 over 175 games in four seasons with Ottawa.

The Senators selected Wideman in the fourth round (100th overall) at the 2009 NHL draft.

This just in....

Refs working Edmonton Oilers gamed NOW demanding hazard pay as Wideman will be on the same ice sheet as them.

What's that?
Wrong Wideman?
Ok, well, the refs will take normal pay. False alarm.

Can't blame them...
"Wideman to Edmonton" sent chills up their spines when they saw the Oilers were on their officiating tour.

Carry on...nothing to see here....  :tongue:

I have watched quite a few Senators games (court ordered, lol) over the past several seasons, Wideman is one of those guys who goes unnoticed, he seldom does anything particularly well or particularly poorly, which depending on need for your defense could be a good thing.  My assessment of him is he is an old fashioned defender who is okay inhis own zone who can clear the puck and isn't afraid to jump into the play every now  and then. I think that his particularly snarky barbs on the Uber drive were what, ahem, drove him out of town.

Archived