New GM?

sekkes85

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I mean Hextall was great i think at the draft and not some much when it come to NHL players and trades and free agency.

Fletcher from what i can tell sucks at both......so how is that an improvement??? I can't see it. And i know you're not saying it is but hopefully see my point/questioning???

Yeah, you and I are completely on the same page on this.   I don't get it.  At all.

And Francis.  Why?  He didn't make a trade in like his entire tenure (I keep saying that because I think I read it, but I suppose I really should look it up).

You know, seriously.  The more I look at the track record and mentality of the idiotic choices being floated the more I'm convinced that Hextall's firing had everything to do with personality conflict and drama and little to do with patience or longue durée planning.

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:
  7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Would someone please buy Holmgren a new bicycle and take him on a trip to Avalon?     and shoot him out of a cannon on it,  way out in the Atlantic.

Okay yeah, that'll work too.

9 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Can you people HEAR me through the screen?   I haven't been this highly torqued since the VLC signing (when I also screamed through the computer screen).

I’m right there with you.....

Just now, pilldoc said:

I’m right there with you.....

Though none of us should be surprised, sadly...we know how much this organization has LOVED players way past their prime, and then overpaying the hell out of them in years and money per.

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Though none of us should be surprised, sadly...we know how much this organization has LOVED players way past their prime, and then overpaying the hell out of them in years and money per.

Can you say VLC....... goes down as one of the dumbest moves in Flyers history....

16 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, you and I are completely on the same page on this.   I don't get it.  At all.

And Francis.  Why?  He didn't make a trade in like his entire tenure (I keep saying that because I think I read it, but I suppose I really should look it up).

You know, seriously.  The more I look at the track record and mentality of the idiotic choices being floated the more I'm convinced that Hextall's firing had everything to do with personality conflict and drama and little to do with patience or longue durée planning.

As i stated in another post is he the lead because of the supposed Quenneville link?? Being Chuck's dad gave Joel his first chance to coach with the St. John's Maple leafs before become an assistant with the Nordiques?? I'm not sure....

.....6 degrees of separation and all.....

3 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

The Devils have given the Flyers permission to speak to Fletcher....that's bad news.

If I were the Devils, I'd give every damn team in the Metro and several in the Atlantic the permission to speak to Fletcher.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

As i stated in another post is he the lead because of the supposed Quenneville link?

I have a very hard time believing the Flyers brass-plated-crap is that forward-thinking.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

I'll be honest. This is a VERY underwhelming list besides Yzerman and Mark Hunter. If somehow one of them has a way to get Quenneville in here as coach, I'm for it I guess.

Quennville has twice proven he can't do it without the right players. Fletcher has zero ability to get the right players, so it may be a wasted effort. 

I'd be all about Stevie Y. 

I'd actually be okay with someone new with something to prove rather than Minnesota's or Carolina's garbage. 

Just now, FD19372 said:

I'll be honest. This is a VERY underwhelming list besides Yzerman and Mark Hunter. If somehow one of them has a way to get Quenneville in here as coach, I'm for it I guess.

As i said Chuck's dad Cliff gave Quenneville his first job...but other than that not sure of a link...grasping at straws at this point.

I would prefer Mark Hunter he could be some new blood for the club and then who knows who he would want for a coach??

Sheldon Keefe as @King Knut and i discussed earlier would be a helluva a choice i think.

Keefe is fresh off a Calder Cup championship and before that turned the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds into a powerhouse setting a franchise record 54-12-2 and winning CHL coach of the year.

Only thing that stopped them was Connor Mcdavid.

After 3 winning seasons he was off to the AHL. 

I think he would be a great coach to take Hak's spot. Hunter and Keefe who knows how good they could be.

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I'd be all about Stevie Y. 

How about his right hand man....because Steve is going back to motown i'm sure.

But there is always Pat Verbeek - and your Holmgren tie......who coached him in Hartford.

Just throwing another name out there.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Martin Hanzal, Ryan White 2017 4th for a 2017 1st and 2018 2nd and a conditional 2019 4th don't look so hot to me.

Niklas Backstrom and a 2016 6h for David Jones looks even worse.

Then Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick for Torrey Mitchell and two 2nd round pick not good either.

I would like to see your idea of a good trade by Fletcher please....i don't see one besides getting Dubnyk for a 3rd.

what's your plan then? keep losing every year like oilers until you get a franchise player? you see this team is bad, do you want improve and win the cup? if so what moves do you want the new gm to make? like what players?

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

How about his right hand man....because Steve is going back to motown i'm sure.

But there is always Pat Verbeek - and your Holmgren tie......who coached him in Hartford.

Just throwing another name out there.

Yeah, you nailed the problem with Stevie Y. I'm sure he bolts the moment that becomes open. 

7 minutes ago, flyersfan35 said:

what's your plan then? keep losing every year like oilers until you get a franchise player? you see this team is bad, do you want improve and win the cup? if so what moves do you want the new gm to make? like what players?

No go after Mark Hunter.

4 minutes ago, flyersfan35 said:

Oh my god. You made statements that were demonstrably not true. Instead of owning it you move to this tripe. As if the only option to not wanting a proven incompetent failure is not wanting to win.  Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. [/dripping sarcasm] 

Class. [/more sarcasm] 

Welcome to the board, I guess. 

Haha you know what? Nothing unites a Flyers forum like the crippling fear of an impending Holmgren panic move. 

We haven’t seen this much action in YEARS! Lol

Hello darkness, my old friend. How I’ve missed you. 

13 hours ago, ruxpin said:

And Fletcher eviscerated the Wild's draft picks trading for lunacy on top of it.  To finish 3rd or 4th and lose in the first round.  He's an idiot.  That's why the bigger idiot--Holmgren--is even considering him.  That and because he's a flunky of a still bigger idiot--Clarke. 

Here we go...i sense the engine is revving up, can't wait to see what gets 'brought home'...

12 hours ago, flyersfan35 said:

what's your plan then? keep losing every year like oilers until you get a franchise player?

That wouldn't be tolerated.

Lots of dudes would need to be shipped out to finish in Hughes territory.

This team isn't as bad as it has been playing. 

I think there are better options available. If they interview Fletcher and hire him without looking around at other guys...I'll be ticked. Yzerman, Hunter, Greeley are all guys I'd be interested in before Fletcher.

29 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Lots of dudes would need to be shipped out to finish in Hughes territory

Not really the are sitting 3rd worst right now....3 points from the bottom.

But i do agree this team always and just never enough to do it right.

But i think i would be ok with Kaapo Kakko or Dylan Cozens to add to the arsenal.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/396655/kaapo-kakko

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/286938/dylan-cozens

Or even slide back some and take Philip Broberg.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/349467/philip-broberg

Or better yet with the farm pretty well stocked maybe the new GM would want to trade the pick for a more ready NHL player...

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not really the are sitting 3rd worst right now....3 points from the bottom.

But i do agree this team always and just never enough to do it right.

But i think i would be ok with Kaapo Kakko or Dylan Cozens to add to the arsenal.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/396655/kaapo-kakko

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/286938/dylan-cozens

Or even slide back some and take Philip Broberg.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/349467/philip-broberg

Or better yet with the farm pretty well stocked maybe the new GM would want to trade the pick for a more ready NHL player...

I have also see good thinks about this prospect .....

https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/player/vasily-podkolzin/30044/

Vasily Podkolzin

Dynamic up and winger who can make a difference in every game he plays with his and ability to play a power game, get in tight, barreling through opponents to make plays. Lines up at the half wall from the right side and uses his left shot to fire blasts on the PP. Smart and always in motion, looking to have the puck returned to his possession. He captained the Russian Hlinka Tourney team by example. In the Bronze metal game, while on the PK, he worked the wall in his end to unearth a puck which he quickly got up ice giving his teammate a breakaway. His teammates attempt was stopped and as the USA team tried to exit their defensive end, he meets the exiting US player with contact, and the puck rolls to his teammate at the red line who advances it to him. he enters the zone near the left wall and as the US defender closes, he spins back around and fires a backhand pass to his teammate who got another chance. Always working, and has such quick hands and head. The year the Blues stole Tarasenko 16th overall, I commented in my mock (where I had Tarasenko "a gift dropping to slot ten", due to the "Russian factor") how this was a top five guy. 
I am going to go out on the line right now and say this kid is the best up and down winger in the class, and everyone should start praying their team doesn't pass him by, because he is the real deal, from Russia with love. 

Gotta Love it .. it is not even Christmas and we are talking about the draft .....

Archived