Moves Starting?

vis

7 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

I just don't think that if/when Fletcher acquires someone, we're going to be too excited about who it is.

And I have a feeling we're going to be even less excited about who/what goes the other way.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, brelic said:

And I have a feeling we're going to be even less excited about who/what goes the other way.

STOP!!!!

You guys are scaring me.

It's too early in the morning for that sh it.

Can i just enjoy my coffee and day off without having nightmare thoughts running through my head all morning!!!!!!

🤬

Now let's go see what Eklund has schemed up........

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

STOP!!!!

You guys are scaring me.

It's too early in the morning for that sh it.

Can i just enjoy my coffee and day off without having nightmare thoughts running through my head all morning!!!!!!

🤬

Now let's go see what Eklund has schemed up........

Oh you'll love it!

Fletch wants to make a move before the 19th, so his trigger finger is itchy.

Jonathan Quick, here we come! 

7 minutes ago, brelic said:

Fletch wants to make a move before the 19th, so his trigger finger is itchy.

Yes per Eklund:

The word around Philly is Fletcher wants to make at least one major move prior to the 19th and that move would would most likely be for a goalie...I am hearing the rumors about the Flyers acquiring Jonathan Quick as I have written previously, but I am also hearing of a bigger deal that could land Mark Stone and Craig Anderson in Philly. The issue is the Sens are not going to tank this season so the Flyers may have to wait for the deadline...at which point there may not be a point....The Flyers coaching staff looks like it has until after the holidays to get the team going...which of course coincides with Joel Quenneville making a decision as to whether or not he would return this season.

Depending on the cost i would like and have even lobbied for Anderson and Stone...what i'm not sure of is the cost.

47 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes per Eklund:

The word around Philly is Fletcher wants to make at least one major move prior to the 19th and that move would would most likely be for a goalie...I am hearing the rumors about the Flyers acquiring Jonathan Quick as I have written previously, but I am also hearing of a bigger deal that could land Mark Stone and Craig Anderson in Philly. The issue is the Sens are not going to tank this season so the Flyers may have to wait for the deadline...at which point there may not be a point....The Flyers coaching staff looks like it has until after the holidays to get the team going...which of course coincides with Joel Quenneville making a decision as to whether or not he would return this season.

Depending on the cost i would like and have even lobbied for Anderson and Stone...what i'm not sure of is the cost.

The Avalanche have the Sens 1st round pick. I'm sure the last thing Ottawa wants to do is go into tank mode...and watch Colorado reap the benefit.

Unless of course Fletcher blows them away on a deal for a soon to be 38 year old goalie and an UFA on his way to his best season and looking for a bump in his over $7 million contract.

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

The Avalanche have the Sens 1st round pick. I'm sure the last thing Ottawa wants to do is go into tank mode...and watch Colorado reap the benefit.

Unless of course Fletcher blows them away on a deal for a soon to be 38 year old goalie and an UFA on his way to his best season and looking for a bump in his over $7 million contract.

Well, I'm sure they'd like to recoup a 1st round pick in this upcoming draft.

8 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Bye Sanheim.

@#$& you!

1 minute ago, brelic said:

Well, I'm sure they'd like to recoup a 1st round pick in this upcoming draft.

My biggest fear. The Flyers trade their first without lottery protection.

29 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm sure the last thing Ottawa wants to do is go into tank mode...and watch Colorado reap the benefit.

What they give the Avs right now is wudder under he bridge...they still have Duchene to show for it.

If they slide down that far it would be a lot nice to turn that 2nd rounder they have into the 32nd pick than say the 50th.

Mark Stone has already pretty much said he want out so...i would think they both can help.

Stone can replace Simmer or you could even resign Simmer and trade Jake.

But as i said there is one thing that could change my mind...

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No way they are that stupid.

spock-illogical-6fca2.jpg

Logic isn't an organizational strength, Mr. Spock. Live long and prosper. We might have to all live long and prosper to see another Cup win from this organization.

2 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Like JVR for Luke Schenn? A 1st for Steve Eminger? Signing Andrew MacDonald?

Sure but they also sign and traded for Hartnell and Kimmo for a 1st and a broken down Forsberg!

Oh wait my bad........only negative stuff allowed here got it...........no more i promise.

#worryon

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure but they also sign and traded for Hartnell and Kimmo for a 1st and a broken down Forsberg!

Oh wait my bad........only negative stuff allowed here got it...........no more i promise.

#worryon

You mean the trade that predates any of the movesI mentioned? And that's even accepting that the Carter/Richards trades were at least good value (Richards especially was prescient, considering how fast his body broke down).  Forgive me if I put more faith in the more recent track record.

I like what Fletcher has said. He's at least paying lip service to learning from mistakes like trading Burns (and to be fair, that deal at least brought back a 1st) and using Leddy as a cap dump sweetener, and trading Tuch at the expansion draft. 

But when Dave Scott and Holmgren are saying something needs to be done NOW, that screams desperation. And other teams know that they're desperate, because they put it out in a freaking press conference. So call me paranoid, but given the history of the current front office management, I'm less confident that they'll make a smart move than one designed to make headlines.

1 minute ago, AJgoal said:

You mean the trade that predates any of the movesI mentioned? And that's even accepting that the Carter/Richards trades were at least good value (Richards especially was prescient, considering how fast his body broke down).  Forgive me if I put more faith in the more recent track record.

I like what Fletcher has said. He's at least paying lip service to learning from mistakes like trading Burns (and to be fair, that deal at least brought back a 1st) and using Leddy as a cap dump sweetener, and trading Tuch at the expansion draft. 

But when Dave Scott and Holmgren are saying something needs to be done NOW, that screams desperation. And other teams know that they're desperate, because they put it out in a freaking press conference. So call me paranoid, but given the history of the current front office management, I'm less confident that they'll make a smart move than one designed to make headlines.

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-1.gif

#happynow?

53 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Here hold their Beer... All of them picks could be gone before the trade deadline.......... 

....................................................just saying ..

Its funny because it could be true. :hyper:

Archived