Moves Starting?

vis

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parayko tops TSN Trade Bait board ahead of roster freeze

https://www.tsn.ca/parayko-tops-tsn-trade-bait-board-ahead-of-roster-freeze-1.1226273

SN HOCKEY TRADE BAIT BOARD

PLAYER POS AGE GP G PTS CAP HIT YEARS
1. Colton Parayko, STL RD 25 29 5 8 $5.5M 3
2. Jake Muzzin, LAK LD 29 33 2 11 $4M 1
3. Kevin Hayes, NYR C 26 30 7 21 $5.18M UFA
4. Brett Pesce, CAR RD 23 21 3 6 $4.03M 5
5. Jeff Carter, LAK C 33 33 6 15 $5.27M 3
6. Charlie Coyle, MIN C 26 31 5 15 $3.2M 1
7. Gustav Nyquist, DET RW 29 32 8 29 $4.75M UFA
8. Micheal Ferland, CAR LW 26 25 11 15 $1.75M UFA
9. Jimmy Howard, DET G 34 22 2.67 .923 $5.3M UFA
10. Matt Duchene, OTT C 27 29 12 34 $6M UFA
11. Mats Zuccarello, NYR RW 31 17 3 10 $4.5M UFA
12. Alex Steen, STL LW 34 21 6 12 $5.75M 2
13. Jakob Silfverberg, ANA RW 28 28 9 15 $3.75M UFA
14. Justin Faulk, CAR RD 26 30 1 8 $4.83M 1
15. Wayne Simmonds, PHI RW 30 29 10 14 $3.98M UFA
16. Alec Martinez, LAK RD 31 30 3 11 $4M 2
17. Jay Bouwmeester, STL LD 35 25 0 3 $5.4M UFA
18. Nino Niederreiter, MIN RW 26 31 7 18 $5.25M 3
19. Vlad Namestnikov, NYR LW 25 26 3 11 $4M 1
20. Sergei Bobrovsky, CBJ G 30 22 3.04 .901 $7.43M UFA
21. Kasperi Kapanen, TOR RW 22 32 12 22 $863K RFA
22. Andreas Johnsson, TOR LW 24 27 7 13 $788K RFA
23. Cam Talbot, EDM G 31 18 3.22 .894 $4.17M UFA
24. Cody Ceci, OTT RD 24 28 4 9 $4.3M RFA
25. Artemi Panarin, CBJ LW 27 30 9 34 $6M UFA
26. Michael Del Zotto, VAN LD 28 22 1 4 $3M UFA
27. Alex Petrovic, FLA RD 26 22 0 1 $1.95M UFA
28. Brandon Manning, CHI LD 28 27 1 3 $2.25M 1
29. Sam Gagner, VAN RW 29 7 1 3 $3.15M 1
30. Phil Kessel, PIT RW 31 30 12 33 $6.8M 3

Which one does the Flyers target??

Well with this team struggling I hope they don't get desperate and bring Hart up since he is playing well.

He is not ready for the disruption he would see on this NHL team.

Don't do it!

Let him stay in the AHL.

Carter Hart update: In his last four games: 4-0-0, 1.25 GAA, .957 SV% (110 saves - 115 shots) and a shutout.

On 12/11/2018 at 10:01 AM, brelic said:

Or ROR? There's your #1/#2C with Coots, and Patrick at 3C.

I really like ROR, but I can't imagine they'd move him.

Honestly, I think the first thing to happen will be the coaching staff. Let the coaches come in and try to work through some stuff. We'll see some moves at that point I imagine, probably near the deadline.

6 hours ago, elmatus said:

I really like ROR, but I can't imagine they'd move him.

Honestly, I think the first thing to happen will be the coaching staff. Let the coaches come in and try to work through some stuff. We'll see some moves at that point I imagine, probably near the deadline.

I could see a futures for a goaltender move before the freeze on Wednesday. Other than that, I don't know if you can your coach (Which still seems likely, too much smoke now, and the potential for an actual riot at the WFC on Tuesday if Hakstol is still there) AND make a big splashy roster move in a couple of days. Especially with yet another goaltender injury, I could see a move for one. 

On 12/13/2018 at 2:25 PM, brelic said:

Yes, but I would expect not for very long. If we get another huge contract like Tarasenko, you gotta think Voracek is a goner. 

So would you be ok with:

Jake Voracek

for 

Craig Anderson

Mark Stone

????

Yeaaah or naw!

Not sure if/when they would do it.

20 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So would you be ok with:

Jake Voracek

for 

Craig Anderson

Mark Stone

????

Yeaaah or naw!

Not sure if/when they would do it.

I mean, sure. I think we get equal value up front plus an uninjured goaltender.

However, and especially because of our situation, I can't imagine that being enough. I'm sure a draft pick (they'd insist on a 1st rounder, we'd hopefully tell them to piss off) and/or a prospect would have to be included. Someone like Sandstrom, maybe? 

Just spitballing on a slow (LMAO!) Monday. 

On 12/15/2018 at 1:08 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Well with this team struggling I hope they don't get desperate and bring Hart up since he is playing well.

He is not ready for the disruption he would see on this NHL team.

Don't do it!

Let him stay in the AHL.

Carter Hart update: In his last four games: 4-0-0, 1.25 GAA, .957 SV% (110 saves - 115 shots) and a shutout.

😂😂🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, brelic said:

I mean, sure. I think we get equal value up front plus an uninjured goaltender.

However, and especially because of our situation, I can't imagine that being enough. I'm sure a draft pick (they'd insist on a 1st rounder, we'd hopefully tell them to piss off) and/or a prospect would have to be included. Someone like Sandstrom, maybe? 

Just spitballing on a slow (LMAO!) Monday. 

Hell no if I am going to move Sandstrom it would have to be in a deal for a younger guy like Oscar Dansk.

And as far as the 1st for them too.

Can't do it.

Especially since Stone is a UFA at seasons end.

I would just have to walk away if we could find some other way to work it out like a lower prospect or something or much later pick.

Thought this was interesting... From the Hawks blogger. 

A take on the absurdity of what's happening in Philly, and a speculation on a trade and what would go the other way. 

Spoiler: You won't like it.

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Justin-Lowe/Many-Thoughts-Crawford-Quenneville-Keith/253/96614

Moving on, what is going on in Philly? 

Rumours have emerged that Joel Quenneville will be joining the Philadelphia Flyers as Dave Hakstol. THEN, those rumours were denied by the organization. 

Something weird is going on, but I do anticipate Coach Q heading to Philadelphia unless something big fell through in his negotiations with newly appointed GM Chuck Fletcher. 

On paper, the Flyers are not much better than Hawks (2 points ahead of them) but I do like a lot of their pieces and see why Joel would find them an appealing. 

Their talent up front is a nice mixture of veterans (Giroux, Simmonds, JVR, Vorachek) with younger players (Konecny, Couturier, Patrick) hitting their stride. 

They have a plethora of talented younger defencemen (Gostisbehere, Provorov, Sanheim) but could use a little more leadership from back there (ohhhhhh foreshadowing). 

Their goaltending is a mess and has been a mess for a while. However, they do have the kid Carter Hart in the AHL and he's starting to heat up down there. He's a year or two away from making an impact so PHI will need a stopgap until then. 

With this news of "Q to PHI" surfacing, there have been whispers about Duncan Keith might want to follow Coach Q. I actually heard a while back that Keith and Seabrook were waiting to see what Quenneville's next move was going to be and then look to follow him if possible. 

Keith, I can see. Seabrook, with that contract, would be difficult. Both of them together at $12M+ AAV for 5-6 more years would be nearly impossible. 

I was looking into something I heard about Keith being paired up with another veteran though in a trade but that has since gone out the window as that other player was Corey Crawford. Those two to Philly could have made a lot of sense depending on how aggressive Fletcher is looking to get. 

What would a Keith to the Flyers trade look like if they were to move him? I'm not entirely sure, but my starting ask would be Travis Sanheim and/or Travis Konecny with some +'s potentially on either side. 

I'm not said I want Keith traded or think he will waive his NMC but if he is unhappy with the direction of the Hawks and wants another shot at winning a cup, then I trade him while he has some value left. 

Those are my thoughts. What are yours based on this weekend's games and happenings? 

My conspiracy theory:

Fletcher has been talking to Bowman about Coach Q.

Discussions evolved to include talk about a trade.

Bowman grants Fletcher permission to talk with Q, pending Hawks and Flyers completing a trade.

Trade is (Seabrook or Keith) and Crawford to Flyers.  Hawks get Sanheim and Lyon and other piences.  Maybe the trade includes forwards swapping teams (Anisimov?).

Explains why Lyon was announced as a starter and then yanked.  Explains the rumor that Hakstol is about to be fired and that Quenneville is coming, although timing on his hiring remains up in the air.

Crawford gets hurt last night.  Trade blows up. 

Now, they are scrambling to make sure they still have permission to talk to Q.

I still think Hakstol gets fired.

Let's call BSH and get them to report it as fact...

1 minute ago, vis said:

My conspiracy theory:

Bowman grants Fletcher permission to talk with Q, pending Hawks and Flyers completing a trade.

Trade is Seabrook and Crawford to Flyers.  Hawks get Sanheim and Lyon.  Maybe the trade included forwards swapping teams (Anisimov?).

Explains why Lyon was announced as a starter and then yanked.  Explains the rumor that Hakstol is about to be fired and that Quenneville is coming, although timing on his hiring remains up in the air.

e1 !

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

e1 !

Made a few tweaks.  Trade could have been Keith or Seabrook.

Also edited to say we should get BSH to run with it.  They will report anything.

Just now, vis said:

Made a few tweaks.  Trade could have been Keith or Seabrook.

Also edited to say we should get BSH to run with it.  They will report anything.

Yeah for sure. It all sounds terrifyingly plausible.

12 minutes ago, vis said:

My conspiracy theory:

Trade is (Seabrook or Keith) and Crawford to Flyers.  Hawks get Sanheim and Lyon and other piences.  Maybe the trade includes forwards swapping teams (Anisimov?).

Makes a lot of sense, actually, especially with the Lyon angle. 

Man, I truly miss the good 'ol Hextall days. 'Member those?

35 minutes ago, vis said:

My conspiracy theory:

Not a bad theory really. I really really hope you're wrong about virtually all of it, but it's a solid theory. :D

16 hours ago, vis said:

Trade is (Seabrook or Keith) and Crawford to Flyers.  Hawks get Sanheim and Lyon and other piences. 

Hmm, washed up Duncan Keith and his horrible contract for up and coming future Norris winner 🤪 Travis Sanheim....gee, I can't see Holmgren/Fletcher doing anything like that. Nooo, not at all. 

Now please remove your post before either of them reads it.

I would be totally ecstatic if they could just move Jake right now for something of value.

In fact i would love for them to turn Jake into the goaltender the need as a stop gap till Hart is ready.

I will look around today and see if anyone has that available cap wise.

Ok after a quick look a team that has the cap space and a goalie i wouldn't mind back are the Avs.

So would they flip Varlamov for Voracek??? Not sure. Maybe if the Flyers could send them Elliott too in return to tandem with Grubauer maybe.

Or Jake to the Blue Jackets for Bob?? Maybe Elliott or Lyon back the other way to help in goal??

Or like i proposed earlier Anderson and Stone for Jake and Elliott or Lyon???

Not sure if these is something the teams would be wanting.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would be totally ecstatic if they could just move Jake right now for something of value.

In fact i would love for them to turn Jake into the goaltender the need as a stop gap till Hart is ready.

I will look around today and see if anyone has that available cap wise.

Ok after a quick look a team that has the cap space and a goalie i wouldn't mind back are the Avs.

So would they flip Varlamov for Voracek??? Not sure. Maybe if the Flyers could send them Elliott too in return to tandem with Grubauer maybe.

Or Jake to the Blue Jackets for Bob?? Maybe Elliott or Lyon back the other way to help in goal??

Or like i proposed earlier Anderson and Stone for Jake and Elliott or Lyon???

Not sure if these is something the teams would be wanting.

No one is trading us their starting goaltender. Elliott and Lyon have zero value.

23 minutes ago, brelic said:

No one is trading us their starting goaltender. Elliott and Lyon have zero value.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you over looked Voracek going to other way with one of those....right?

He would be a nice 2nd line RW for them since Varly is a free agent at the end of the year.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you over looked Voracek going to other way with one of those....right?

He would be a nice 2nd line RW for them since Varly is a free agent at the end of the year.

No, I saw the Voracek part. I'm just not sure any of the teams you mentioned would be interested because of remaining term and cost. The Avs don't need him (certainly not if it includes their starting goaltender), and the Sens probably don't want to go in that direction. They're cheap anyway.

The Jackets? Maybe, especially since they drafted him originally, and they could use some offensive pop. Biggest problem is that they will need a #1 goalie to be competitive, so unless they have a plan to replace him in-season, I'm not sure it's a viable move for them.

Honestly, the Chicago and LA proposals seems to make more sense because they're looking at lost seasons, so it's more about shuffling around assets and refocusing rather than trying to be competitive this year. 

Archived