Moves Starting?

vis

57 minutes ago, brelic said:

No, I saw the Voracek part. I'm just not sure any of the teams you mentioned would be interested because of remaining term and cost. The Avs don't need him (certainly not if it includes their starting goaltender), and the Sens probably don't want to go in that direction. They're cheap anyway.

The Jackets? Maybe, especially since they drafted him originally, and they could use some offensive pop. Biggest problem is that they will need a #1 goalie to be competitive, so unless they have a plan to replace him in-season, I'm not sure it's a viable move for them.

Honestly, the Chicago and LA proposals seems to make more sense because they're looking at lost seasons, so it's more about shuffling around assets and refocusing rather than trying to be competitive this year. 

Well I really don't want any part of of Crawford or Quick.

But IF I had to choose between the two I would take Crawford only because he is only on the books for next year at 6 mill.

Quick is signed for too long and man he looked terrible the other night when I watched him play.

He honestly is on the same level as Elliott to me the goals he was letting in looked just like Elliott he has been a fav of mine for a long time but his skills have eroded at light speed since last year.

Please Gawd don't trade for him.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well I really don't want any part of of Crawford or Quick.

But IF I had to choose between the two I would take Crawford only because he is only on the books for next year at 6 mill.

Quick is signed for too long and man he looked terrible the other night when I watched him play.

He honestly is on the same level as Elliott to me the goals he was letting in looked just like Elliott he has been a fav of mine for a long time but his skills have eroded at light speed since last year.

Please Gawd don't trade for him.

Right, but Crawford has a concussion, and Quick has an injury history too.

So in the end, is it worth gambling some potentially very good assets (e.g. Sanheim, Frost, Ghost, Lindblom, draft picks) for guys with injury histories that may or may not give us better goaltending this year? I mean, is there really an urgency to upgrade in goal with a short-term solution right now? We have a 7% chance of making the playoffs, so I would say this is a lost season, and moves should be made with the future in mind.

Like you suggested, more under the radar/backup types like an Ullmark or Dansk would be more viable, would cost less, and would have more longevity. Plus it would allow Fletcher to make a more serious move - if the case need be - for a bridge to Carter Hart at the deadline / offseason / draft when more choices are available.

Right now, the Flyers are desperate and the rest of the league knows it. 

4 minutes ago, brelic said:

Right, but Crawford has a concussion, and Quick has an injury history too.

So in the end, is it worth gambling some potentially very good assets (e.g. Sanheim, Frost, Ghost, Lindblom, draft picks) for guys with injury histories that may or may not give us better goaltending this year? I mean, is there really an urgency to upgrade in goal with a short-term solution right now? We have a 7% chance of making the playoffs, so I would say this is a lost season, and moves should be made with the future in mind.

Like you suggested, more under the radar/backup types like an Ullmark or Dansk would be more viable, would cost less, and would have more longevity. Plus it would allow Fletcher to make a more serious move - if the case need be - for a bridge to Carter Hart at the deadline / offseason / draft when more choices are available.

Well first off bro you can take those prospect off the list for them in the first place.

If I was to trade for either of those has been it will be for picks or 2nd tier prospect or I would just hang up the damn phone and ride this sh it fest down the pooper for the year.

F**K THAT SH IT!

1 minute ago, brelic said:

Exactly. There is no lineup to "fix the Flyers" in goal, or on D, or with the depth at forward. There is no one player, or two for that matter, that makes us contenders. So why trade away an entire career of what could be very good players for a short term slight improvement. That gives us a worse draft pick.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well first off bro you can take those prospect off the list for them in the first place.

If I was to trade for either of those has been it will be for picks or 2nd tier prospect or I would just hang up the damn phone and ride this sh it fest down the pooper for the year.

F**K THAT SH IT!

Oh of course I wouldn't want to give up those prospects for Quick or Crawford... 

But Fletch is dealing from a position of extreme weakness. 

Especially if Fletch is looking for a two-birds-with-one-stone kind of deal (e.g. Keith/Crawford, Doughty/Quick), those deals will cost us assets we don't want to see go. Almost any deal will. 

I think we were spoiled under Hextall with him flat out refusing to trade any young guys... unfortunately, that turned out to be part of his undoing lol. 

But, maybe he will surprise us. Until he actually makes a deal as the Flyers GM, we don't know what he's willing to do.

2 minutes ago, brelic said:

Oh of course I wouldn't want to give up those prospects for Quick or Crawford... 

But Fletch is dealing from a position of extreme weakness. 

Especially if Fletch is looking for a two-birds-with-one-stone kind of deal (e.g. Keith/Crawford, Doughty/Quick), those deals will cost us assets we don't want to see go. Almost any deal will. 

I think we were spoiled under Hextall with him flat out refusing to trade any young guys... unfortunately, that turned out to be part of his undoing lol. 

But, maybe he will surprise us. Until he actually makes a deal as the Flyers GM, we don't know what he's willing to do.

If he deals those guys for those two bums I am going to lose my sh it!

And if i move Sanheim at all it better be for a Boser or a Pettersson or some type of forward like that.

I in no way want to move that kid.

I would move Ghost first.

For me Ghost could be the asset that brings back a nice piece. He's got a good contract, and is a good player I wouldn't be thrilled to trade him, but I have always thought Sanhiem to be a bigger version of him/his game. 

It would have to be a really great piece but he's a guy that could bring quality back in a win/win deal like when Recchi brought back Dejardins and LeClair.

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

For me Ghost could be the asset that brings back a nice piece. He's got a good contract, and is a good player I wouldn't be thrilled to trade him, but I have always thought Sanhiem to be a bigger version of him/his game. 

It would have to be a really great piece but he's a guy that could bring quality back in a win/win deal like when Recchi brought back Dejardins and LeClair.

I agree if I am dangling a guy it isn't Sanheim.

It would be Ghost or Hagg.

Now if you want Sanheim I want a guy like a Gadreau back (just for example) back and of course I wouldn't be suggesting straight up either a package deal of course but it would have be substantial amount of return.

And sure I may over value the Flyer prospects but f**k it if other teams can over value their then the Flyers should too.

Don't undervalue them.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree if I am dangling a guy it isn't Sanheim.

It would be Ghost or Hagg.

FTFY. You're not going to get back a player of similar ability, with as good a contract, at a position of equal value, for Ghost. So don't even try.

Hagg? You might still be able to sell high on him.

Just now, intheslot said:

According to multiple Finnish language reports, Philadelphia Flyers forward Jori Lehtera has been charged for his involvement in a massive coacine smuggling ring in his native Finland.

That explains why Lehtera looks faster out there. :ph34r:So I guess we're looking for a Lehtera replacement now.

8 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Well, the moves have started.

Varone loaned to Phantoms. Fazleev on unconditional waivers for mutual termination of contract.

Headed to the KHL can't blame him.

Nothing but an AHLer might as well if he can get some of Putin's money.

10 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Well, the moves have started.

Varone loaned to Phantoms. Fazleev on unconditional waivers for mutual termination of contract.

Kind of surprised Varone was sent back to the Phantoms.

Fazleev was somewhat promising at one point.  He was a teammate of Sanheim's and put up OK statsin junior.  Actually saw a lot of him when I had hockeystreams because I watched a lot of Sanheim.  Not surprised, though.  He never really grew in the AHL and didn't have exceptional skill in juniors.

Just now, vis said:

Fazleev was somewhat promising at one point.  He was a teammate of Sanheim's and put up OK statsin junior.  Actually saw a lot of him when I had hockeystreams because I watched a lot of Sanheim.  Not surprised, though.  He never really grew in the AHL and didn't have exceptional skill in juniors.

He was loaned not the same as waived or sent down for good.

Fazleev scored  37 points in a 143 games as a LW they will never miss him.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Fazleev scored  37 points in a 143 games as a LW they will never miss him.

If so, I wonder why? 

If they move an equal amount of players out to what they receive in any trade, there's no reason to make a paper move with Varone. 

If the trade is uneven with the Flyers receiving more players, then they'd need the roster space. 

And if that is the case, that sounds more like a move of one BIG player for a few lesser players, does it not?

49 minutes ago, vis said:

47 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Phantoms have four games in the next eight days including two vs. Hershey and one vs. SWB.

Varone is still the #2 scorer on the roster with four games in hand over the leader who's a point above him.

Phantoms are 2-3 over their last five including a 5-2 loss to the SWB Pens and a 1-0 win over the last in the division Bears.

I think the real question will be does he go on the trip to Florida.

28 minutes ago, radoran said:

Phantoms have four games in the next eight days including two vs. Hershey and one vs. SWB.

Varone is still the #2 scorer on the roster with four games in hand over the leader who's a point above him.

Phantoms are 2-3 over their last five including a 5-2 loss to the SWB Pens and a 1-0 win over the last in the division Bears.

I think the real question will be does he go on the trip to Florida.

I hope they are not making decisions about the big club based on success of the AHL.  I get it if there was a long layoff between games for the Flyers, but that's not the case.

Doesn't appear that anyone was called up.  Wonder if someone is coming off IR.  Or if a move is in the works.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

And if that is the case, that sounds more like a move of one BIG player for a few lesser players, does it not?

Potentially.  Kind of doubting any moves will be made before the freeze.  With this crew, it probably would have been leaked by now... 

Archived