Moves Starting?

vis

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well speaking of a trade it got me to thinking about the Blues too who are struggling.

Now let me preface this by there is no rumor of sort I am just thinking aloud.

If you were to trade Simmer to them who would you want as part of the package?

Ivan Babashev?

Or Robert Thomas coming back?

Slow day why not right?

Simmonds Gudas and a pick for O'Reilly, maybe? Holmgren can buy Armstrong a drink first. 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well speaking of a trade it got me to thinking about the Blues too who are struggling.

Ivan Babashev?

Slow day why not right?

Well, I guess I'd be okay, if unexcited nearing disinterested, with either. 

Keep in mind that I've had no eyeballs on either so it's possible I'm underestimating each, but both seem like more of the same for this organization:  solid prospects who don't actually score. 

But more to the point, I'd really like to see RW come back.  I think we have some LW coming but not as much on RW (unless either of Frost or O'Brien are going to slide right. If O'Brien slides, I'm thinking it's more likely left, but I'm not sure why I'm saying that. It's only from memory). 

Barbashyov could potentially play 3C or 4C, I guess. Thomas as well, though I don't know that I like that he's already in the NHL.  I don't think he's fully cooked.

I think any ability to be excited about something is being slaughtered by the idiocy going on in the front office. 

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Simmonds Gudas and a pick for O'Reilly, maybe? Holmgren can buy Armstrong a drink first. 

And slip something in it. 

In a meeting between Armstrong and Holmgren, the smartest one in the room is the one that hides the paste from both of them. 

29 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ivan Babashev?

Slow day why not right?

I'll take Thomas...good 200 foot player, still a teenager but made the NHL, outscoring Barbie and cost controlled.

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

And slip something in it. 

In a meeting between Armstrong and Holmgren, the smartest one in the room is the one that hides the paste from both of them. 

Not necessarily. If you leave it there, they might sniff it, and their is a good bet you just made a GM upgrade.

20 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

There's rumors that O'Reilly isn't exactly a "team guy". I'm not sure how much truth there is to it, but it seems like whatever team he plays for recently isn't very good.

7 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'll take Thomas...good 200 foot player, still a teenager but made the NHL, outscoring Barbie and cost controlled.

I like your way of thinking he just turned 19 so two more years in his entry level deal.

Babashev will be 23 this month.

So Simmer for Thomas and what??? It is!

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

There's rumors that O'Reilly isn't exactly a "team guy". I'm not sure how much truth there is to it, but it seems like whatever team he plays for recently isn't very good.

I think there's very likely a LOT of truth to that.   When you think about the teams he's been on and their fortunes while he's there vs. after he leaves.  I mean, it could be coincidence that someone poured gasoline and now the house is on fire, or it could be connected somehow.

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

One more thing...it was nice under Hextall having multiple 1sts, 2nds 3rds every draft.

Say goodbye to those days.

Speaking of which do you have an opinion on Mark Hunter for the GM spot?

I was thinking he could help land Sheldon Keefe who I think has potential.

12 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

If he goes to wing, it's RW, right?   I don't know enough about him, but I'm unexcited.  I agree I like  him better than Barbie, but all of this is just based on reading, etc.   

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Speaking of which do you have an opinion on Mark Hunter for the GM spot?

I was thinking he could help land Sheldon Keefe who I think has potential.

I'd be ok with both. I'm not sure if Hunter just left the NHL cause he didn't get the Leafs GM position or if he actually just wanted to go back to London. 

Anybody who doesn't bring the "make playoffs at all costs" mentality works for me.

34 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I can't see the Blues trading him the first year of his deal.

Simmer and Schenn could join forces again.

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

If he goes to wing, it's RW, right?   I don't know enough about him, but I'm unexcited.  I agree I like  him better than Barbie, but all of this is just based on reading, etc.   

That's all I was saying...I'd take him over Barbashev. Thomas is a good player, but he's not flashy. I'd prefer a good pick or a guy with some upside. But I'd be ok with Thomas.

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'd be ok with both. I'm not sure if Hunter just left the NHL cause he didn't get the Leafs GM position or if he actually just wanted to go back to London. 

Anybody who doesn't bring the "make playoffs at all costs" mentality works for me.

I thought it was the ol you need to resign so I don't have to fire you deal.

He could have been disappointed after Dumbas got the job.

None the less I think he would be a better option for the Flyers however if Homer wants a puppet I can see him being down with that.

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

That's all I was saying...I'd take him over Barbashev. Thomas is a good player, but he's not flashy. I'd prefer a good pick or a guy with some upside. But I'd be ok with Thomas.

Good point about the flashy part.

Ok then...

Simmer for Dominik Bokk and a pick.

How do we feel about Simmonds to Dallas for Dellandrea and a pick?   Spezza is 35 and a UFA this summer, so Dallas may be able to use Simmonds going forward and possibly save a couple dollars from the ridiculous amount they're paying Spezza.  Again, not exciting and I think Dellandrea is at least two years away.

To Anaheim for Max Jones and a pick?

To Edmonton for Tyler Benson or Ryan McLeod + pick.

I don't know, I'm bored and it's fun to pretend the Flyers will trade Simmonds for youth  rather than sign him for 6 years @ $6.7M

Do the Kings dangle Johnathan Quick in front of them to lure them into their first big trade???

I say i would be interested.

But it would have to center around Jake going to LA in return.

However i am not crazy about the length of the deal.

Kings have limited cap space. So the Flyers since they have plenty of cap space left would have to take some thing back to give them room for Jake.

So how about Quick, Muzzin for Jake and Elliott??

I think that cap would work.

Just a question no one freak out slow morning.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

No take it or leave it.

Fair enough.

I would kick the tires on Quick. 4 more years on his deal at $5.8M AV. Bit of an injury history, I'd like to know more about those. How is his back, for example. But I think the asking price will be too much. For me at least. For our new GM, who knows.

4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I think the Kings would want more. Like a 2nd or two, or three.

Kings have no cap space a lot of huge contracts they will be hard pressed to move.

The Flyers would be helping them take one off their books and be giving them a younger forward (29) in return in his prime.

Quick is 32 soon to be 33 and signed for a few more years. If they want to move him there aren't many places to go with him really.

They don't have much leverage and Elliott would come off their books at the end of the year.

Jake would give them a nice RW for their 2nd line.

They have a lot of players who are very long in the tooth. So as i said this is to take a contract off their hands more than anything.

No pick or no deal.

5 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

4 more years on his deal at $5.8M AV.

Yes the 1st two years of that he could be useful to help teach Hart then hopefully the last two he could be a nice backup yeah sort of expensive i know that no argument there but they should have some decent cap space by then with all these kids coming in on entry level small bridge deals.

Archived