Game 25: Flyers at Penguins 12/01/18 at 7:00 pm

OccamsRazor

Well if they can't get up for this game then they will never be able to.

PROJECTED LINEUPS (Subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 19 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 21 Scott Laughton - 93 Jakub Voracek
23 Oskar Lindblom - 40 Jordan Weal - 22 Dale Weise

9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere 
8 Robert Hägg - 47 Andrew MacDonald
6 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas

41 Anthony Stolarz
[30 Michal Neuvirth]

Scratches: 26 Christian Folin (healthy), 15 Jori Lehterä (healthy), 39 Tyrell Goulbourne (healthy), 37 Brian Elliott (IR, lower body), 10 Corban Knight (IR, collarbone), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

PENGUINS

59 Jake Guentzel - 87 Sidney Crosby - 12 Dominik Simon
17 Bryan Rust - 71 Evgeni Malkin - 72 Patric Hörnqvist
14 Tanner Pearson - 19 Derrick Brassard - 81 Phil Kessel
10 Garrett Wilson - 15 Riley Sheahan - 41 Daniel Sprong

8 Brian Dumoulin - 58 Kris Letang
3 Olli Määttä - 50 Juuso Riikola
73 Jack Johnson - 6 Jamie Oleksiak

1 Casey de Smith
[35 Tristan Jarry]

Scratches: 46 Zach Aston-Reese (healthy), 2 Chad Ruhwedel (healthy), 38 Derek Grant (healthy), 30 Matt Murray (IR, lower body), 4 Justin Schultz (IR, left left fracture), 7 Matt Cullen (IR, lower body).

I think this is on NHLnetwork.

I would have like to seen Oskar get the LW spot on the 3rd but I am glad JVR is up on the 2nd.

Weal on the 4th is better than the 3rd.

The next step is getting Weal out the lineup.

I would like Folin in over Mcturd but we know Mcturd was a Homer signing so Hak has to keep his boss happy.

Guess we'll see where this will go.

6 minutes ago, darthbal said:

Hard to split Raffl and Laughton, they have been decent together, the seem to play with some hustle regularly

Jake on the 3rd is a good demotion for his ass.

Less minutes means less turnovers from him and floating on the back check.

I know Simmer isn't signed beyond this year but I would love for the new GM to make Jake his wake up call as a trade....really shake Giroux up!

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would have like to seen Oskar get the LW spot on the 3rd but I am glad JVR is up on the 2nd.

Weal on the 4th is better than the 3rd.

The next step is getting Weal out the lineup.

I would like Folin in over Mcturd but we know Mcturd was a Homer signing so Hak has to keep his boss happy.

Guess we'll see where this will go.

Maybe the Leafs will take MacD in a trade for Nylander.  :anidea:

3 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Maybe the Leafs will take MacD in a trade for Nylander.  :anidea:

I think him hiring his dad as his agent was a big misstep on his part also why he isn't signed and they are looking to trade him.

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think him hiring his dad as his agent was a big misstep on his part also why he isn't signed and they are looking to trade him

Lindros 2.0 ... hmmmmm:cool[1]:

We all know how that turned out .....

What do you expect? What can you expect?  It's a question we've been asking before every game the last few years.  I have very little faith in this bunch and their inconsistency is maddening.  

Keeping Hakstol on board may make things worse.  I look forward to your comments; I have a wedding.  

We are the underdog.  Any surprise?  

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-flyers-pittsburgh-penguins-betting-2018-12-01-1021790

It appears to be Stolarz versus DeSmith in a battle of underperforming squads.  

I never really realized how much I hated the penguins until I found myself flipping off kris letang on the tv after Weise 's shorty. 

Simmonds tougher than a 3$ steak...Oleksiak is enormous that took some courage. 

I love the way TK plays.  I love that he hates the Pens too. 

Nice win tonite.

Good to get back in the win column especially against the Pens.

Still so much this team has to work on. Ge this blueline a coach fast.

Ghost has to play that pass better on the 1st goal...he has to keep it from going across in front of him or do the Kimmo slide if the pass was going across behind him....he didn't stop the pass the goalie has to play shooter in that situation he just hasn't to keep the pass from happening...he failed.

Nice set up pass by Hagg..even better goal!

And then maybe the best pass ever from Jake....trade him NOW his value will never be higher!!!!

And then Radko abuses Crysby...got to love it!!!

And then a shorty....wow finally!!! The Weasel!

And then Stolie closes the door!!

I forget what it was like to win.

And what about the 3 assist from Paul Coffee Andrew Mcdud!!!!!

And the Coots went 13 for 13 in the faceoff circle!!! I don't recall that ever happening!!!

100%!!! Go Cooter!!!

Amazing the difference a competent goalie makes. Team still had some major defensive gaffes and poor turnovers but Stolie bailed them out. Jesus that is refreshing to see. Also, as much as I despise him, MacDud played well tonight. I would welcome that play from him for the rest of his contract as we are stuck with him one way or the other.......

37 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

Amazing the difference a competent goalie makes. Team still had some major defensive gaffes and poor turnovers but Stolie bailed them out. Jesus that is refreshing to see. Also, as much as I despise him, MacDud played well tonight. I would welcome that play from him for the rest of his contract as we are stuck with him one way or the other.......

I've been saying it since about mid season last year after seeing Elliott and Neuvy play.

Just someone who makes the routine save and doesn't let a back breaker in is refreshing.

With that said Stolie must work on his game still much room for improvement but it's a start.

2 hours ago, notfondajane said:

Pens let an easy 2 points get away! Smh. Hopefully the will get their heads out their arises from here on out!

It happened that way last year.  As I mentioned in chat last night the key for beating the penguins is to Malkin off his game.  Once he's lost his focus the team usually falters.

Just now, flyersfan35 said:

is anyone worried that they would keep hak if they keep winning?

Nope, not at all.  I believe a lot of the problems with the coaching staff on this team had to do with Murphy reporting to Hextall and not Hakstol, making for a disconnected coaching staff.  The results we saw on the ice.

Archived