Nylander Signs

hobie

On 1/20/2019 at 1:59 AM, Hockey-78 said:

But this is the kid who recently earned himself $45 mil.! One would think he'd have more in his tank and jump in his step.

Thanks to CBA he will get his money, no matter how he performs. How I wish I had that clause in my contract...

What is interesting to see is how the front office handles it; will they keep hanging on to him which basically means adios to Kapanen who's having the season of his life or will they have another run finding a dance partner for a trade.

It would be a crime if this team lost Kapanen.  I'd take him over Nylander any day. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/20/2019 at 5:00 PM, hobie said:

I think it's ideal that Kappy is being used where he's best suited basically on the 3rd line, he has 2nd/3rd line chops but I don't think he has the head or talent to thrive on a 1st line. 

I think Kapanen has stepped in and replaced Nylander. 

3 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

It would be a crime if this team lost Kapanen.  I'd take him over Nylander any day. 

Thanks for all the likes!! Did you get hit by a baseball bat or what? 😉

Seriously, would've been interesting to see Kapanen in the speed competition, giving McDavid a run for his money in the speed competition.

2 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Thanks for all the likes!! Did you get hit by a baseball bat or what? 😉

Seriously, would've been interesting to see Kapanen in the speed competition, giving McDavid a run for his money in the speed competition.

I'm just catching up on a few threads and I tend to LIKE quite a few comments.  I feel bad liking one and not the next one, so then I'm inclined to like more comments. It's a vicious cycle!  Aaah!  :frantics:

I like Kappy, what's not to like, he's fast, gives an honest effort, scores well, TO needs him.

I really like Nylander, he's the type of player like Marner that can make his linemates better. That last game against Wash. is an indication of the type of game Nylander is capable of and I think Kadri benefited from him. Kadri was/is having a decent year but his line wasn't particularly noteworthy with Kappy or without. Nylander can make Kadri and whoever else is on the line better. Marner greatly improved the Kadri/Marleau line last year and I expect Nylander will do it for that line this year but Nylander is no Marner.

6 hours ago, hobie said:

I like Kappy, what's not to like, he's fast, gives an honest effort, scores well, TO needs him.

I really like Nylander, he's the type of player like Marner that can make his linemates better. That last game against Wash. is an indication of the type of game Nylander is capable of and I think Kadri benefited from him. Kadri was/is having a decent year but his line wasn't particularly noteworthy with Kappy or without. Nylander can make Kadri and whoever else is on the line better. Marner greatly improved the Kadri/Marleau line last year and I expect Nylander will do it for that line this year but Nylander is no Marner.

In the end though, if Toronto runs into cap issues and has to get rid of someone, it makes sense for Nylander to be the guy to go since he's way more expensive than Kapanen but not quite one of the "core" guys.  Nylander is also someone who can net the team a decent return in a trade. 

I think Nylander is the type of player TO wants to keep, makes those he plays with better and therefore should be paid more than Kappy.

I consider Nylander a part of the core, I think Nylander would be considered part of the core for pretty well any team in the NHL.

Archived