Still scratching my head

Cheesesteak

Hextall fired because his vision didn't match up with Homer's, the guy who got fired from the GM position because his "vision" wasn't working.....   wha Wha WHAT? 😵   Talk about pretzel logic.

I really hope we don't have to watch as the Flyers ruin all the work Hexy did to improve the depth of the club by going back to their "anything can happen" philosophy.

The main reason Hex was fired was the loss of butts in the seats, which I can't be surprised about as I can only guess that only about 5 or so games in the past season and a bit have been watchable. 

Why didn’t Homer and the corporate douchebag go to Hexy and say, we are losing millions due to poor attendance, we need you to do something to make the team a bit more exciting, like get a solid goalie. We need to sell more tickets, because if you don’t start winning we will have to fire you. Just like when Snider made Holmgren get that moron  Bryz. Hexy could have informed them of any deals he had in the works and run it by them . They never even gave Hexy a warning or a directive to do something. It makes me think , there’s more to the story.

10 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I think Scott started sniffing around hockey and Hextall told him to **** off.

That's my working theory based on nothing other than I know the "Dave Scott" type too well.

image.png.68890168f93e032111984795e1b00f76.png

28 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Yeah, it's not too big of a stretch to think that Hexy was just too hard-headed/stubborn about things.

Ugh, that damn Briz deal....Flyers FINALLY had a good young goalie and traded him 😢

Yeah but honestly Bob hasn't won dittly sh it since he left except Vezina trophies that I could careless about.

Neuvy has more playoff win than him let that sink in a minute.

I think if Bob was in Philly coming up small like he has in Columbus the fans would have run him out of town a few years ago.

Especially the way he chokes versus their rival Penguins. 

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah but honestly Bob hasn't won dittly sh it since he left except Vezina trophies that I could careless about.

Neuvy has more playoff win than him let that sink in a minute.

I think if Bob was in Philly coming up small like he has in Columbus the fans would have run him out of town a few years ago.

Especially the way he chokes versus their rival Penguins. 

I'd still take Bob all day, every day, and thrice on Sunday over that wackjob Bryz. 

13 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'd still take Bob all day, every day, and thrice on Sunday over that wackjob Bryz. 

C'mon man ain't nothing wrong with Bryz he was just misunderstood...

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

I just read the link and, to me, this is the most plausible explanation for taking the really drastic, disruptive, last resort  measure of firing Hextall mid

season and for him, at the same time, saying convincingly that he was “blindsided” by the decision.

The short version of the explanation is that Hexy has a maniacally controlling nature and so little empathy (read “none”) that he had no idea that his imperviousness to suggestion or supervision and the toxic atmosphere he created were putting his job in jeopardy.

Not necessarily saying that this is why he was fired.  Saying that it had to be something along these lines to cause Comcast to cut him loose now.

4 hours ago, sekkes85 said:

That is crazy as hell. It explains a lot.

Now I kind of feel bad for Hakstol.

They need to get him a good defensive coach.

So I am cool with him getting the rest of the year to figure this out.

Two things though.

They still need a goalie and find a 3rd line center.

Well might as well make it 3 things.

Lappy still needs to go.

45 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

All I can say is, WOW

Hextall has won a Cup as an GM assistant, so I am not surprised that he had plans to alter some things, such as diet, and some training habits. I am a bit surprised he is that much of a control freak but that being said....the executives that were beside him have not won anything.  Maybe they should have just let him have one more season to see how things go, but I also know that patience has NEVER been a strong suit of Flyers management.This reconfirms everything I have read (and suspected) about the Flyer way, including Dave Scott being a bit of a weasel, and not coming to the realization of what he doesn't know.

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Hextall has won a Cup as an GM assistant, so I am not surprised that he had plans to alter some things, such as diet, and even the things they wore. I am a bit surprised he is that much of a control freak but that being said....the executives that were beside him have not won anything.  Maybe they should have just let him have one more season to see how things go, but I also know that patience has NEVER been a strong suit of Flyers management.This reconfirms everything I have read (and suspected) about the Flyer way, including Dave Scott being a bit of a weasel, and not coming to the realization of what he doesn't know.

You never know. Maybe this year was the one more season, extended by the playoffs last year. 

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Maybe they should have just let him have one more season to see how things go

Hell no this is beyond winning this is downright disturbing to have a work environment like that this needed to be addressed and would not just go away. I am glad they did the right thing.

No one should have to work in a place like that.

The diet stuff like that is fine many sports and clubs do something similar to that but the rest.

No that isn't no way to run a organization.

Good riddance.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hell no this is beyond winning this is downright disturbing to have a work environment like that this needed to be addressed and would not just go away. I am glad they did the right thing.

No one should have to work in a place like that.

The diet stuff like that is fine many sports and clubs do something similar to that but the rest.

No that isn't no way to run a organization.

Good riddance.

It is certainly disturbing but the Club Med crap ain't workin' either.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure when they ever had Club med. But it has to better than that. Has to be.

Just in the sense that players are overpaid a lot of times here, then kept around longer than many other teams would tolerate because they're "Flyer guys". 

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Just in the sense that players are overpaid a lot of times here, then kept around longer than many other teams would tolerate because they're "Flyer guys". 

Sure.

Maybe the new GM does something about that there are to many passengers.

14 hours ago, sekkes85 said:

I'm not 100% sure...but isn't the guy who wrote that the guy Hextall gave the boot to (and rightfully so) for posting the Flyers draft board a few years back?

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm not 100% sure...but isn't the guy who wrote that the guy Hextall gave the boot to (and rightfully so) for posting the Flyers draft board a few years back?

Don't recall that issue.  But my recollection is that ASF has always been a media guy.

Riley Cote tweeted something saying he's heard much of the same.

There have been a few articles to come out about Hextall being a controlling person and the impact it was having in the org.  None with this much detail, though.  Where there is smoke, there is fire....

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

That was in 2013, before Hextall.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/flyers-flight-plan-new-behind-the-scenes-series.1479299/

Archived