Chuck Fletcher it is...

vis

12 minutes ago, vis said:

Every general manager has his own take “on how it should be run,” the Flyers executive said. “For me, and I think Chuck has done the same, I think it’s how you treat your people, so everybody is included as to what’s going on. The people who work for you have to know you trust them and want their opinions and care about them -- and it will be returned every time. Chuck will have that.”

“He’ll do a great job in Philly,” the Flyers executive said. “Everybody’s going to be happy to work for him. Everybody’s going to be happy he’s there. His reputation, which is pretty easy when you talk to scouts and all those who have worked for him, is top-level. Everybody enjoyed working for him. Everybody wanted to work for him. Everybody felt part of the team.”

How different is this from the recent Hexy micromanagement stuff? Homer must have ate this stuff up.

Also of note:

Fletcher’s family has ties to the recently fired Joel Quenneville, who coached Chicago to three Stanley Cups and is a candidate to replace Dave Hakstol if the new GM changes his coach.

Image result for joel quenneville

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 1

I like it for your guys. He is not afraid to go for it, to try for the home run (Parise and Suter) or to tinker (Niederreiter, Moulson, Pominville) he screws up some (Trading Burns for a package including Coyle) but he finds hidden bargains such as Dubnyk and many more. He is not a stand still GM which IMHO is why he was brought in. 

so now the questions:

Hakstol. Does he get a chance to survive the year or get gassed?

What the Hell do they do about the crap show in net?

Does Voracek survive the month? Simmonds? Who else may be dealt?

I personally think he will hit the ground running putting his stamp on the team within the first 30 days with a big splash.

• Like 1

I hope it works out, obviously.

Uh, he did trade Brent Burns away. 

And he did cripple the Wild with those Parise and Suter contracts which will be on the books until the asteroid hits in Donald Trumps 3rd term.

Needless to say, I don't have the "high hopes". 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

And he did cripple the Wild with those Parise and Suter contracts which will be on the books until the asteroid hits in Donald Trumps 3rd term.

You mean 2nd term. :ph34r: Yay asteroid. More I don't know how to run a hockey organization properly by the Flyers organization.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I like it for your guys. He is not afraid to go for it, to try for the home run (Parise and Suter) or to tinker (Niederreiter, Moulson, Pominville) he screws up some (Trading Burns for a package including Coyle) but he finds hidden bargains such as Dubnyk and many more. He is not a stand still GM which IMHO is why he was brought in. 

so now the questions:

I think this question depends more on whether or not Fletcher's guy is available or not. Say he wants to bring in Q, and Q is interested, it will work itself out according to whatever timeline they agree to. 

Even if Hextall did micromanage, the reality is that Hakstol has been here 4 years and has had plenty of time to put his stamp on the team, regardless of who his assistants are. IMO, he hasn't really done that to any effective degree. 

In other words, a firing - whenever it happens - would be easily justified. He just hasn't made this team look like a *team*.

Roll with Stolarz as starter and Neuvirth as backup until Elliott is healthy. Then waive Neuvirth. The team need stability and Neuvirth is the antithesis to that.

Not sure. I do know the Leafs need to make a roster move. Leivo is the rumoured name. Not interested in that. 

But if Fletch tries hard enough, maybe he can pry Kadri from them for Simmonds in a package. He'd become our 2C, push Patrick to 3C. 

Kadri also played some time with JVR.

I personally think he will hit the ground running putting his stamp on the team within the first 30 days with a big splash.

Yes, no doubt. I just hope it's a splash worth making, and not one 'just because'.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

You mean 2nd term. :ph34r: Yay asteroid. More I don't know how to run a hockey organization properly by the Flyers organization.

No, I meant 3rd...he's not leaving, ever. Constititution-Schmonstitution. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

so now the questions:

Wait a minute did you list going after Moulson as a good move?

Dear Gawd I have to get hold of Yave and let him know whomever hijacked @ruxpin account has apparently moved on to his.

SMFH!!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

And he traded for Bryz!!!

10 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

This is where I am.  I hope Fletcher - and Holmgren - have learned from past mistakes and put those lessons to good use.  However, I'm not feeling all that great about it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wait a minute did you list going after Moulson as a good move?

Dear Gawd I have to get hold of Yave and let him know whomever hijacked @ruxpin account has apparently moved on to his.

SMFH!!!!

Okay, Moulson sucks, but he essentially got him for nothing as a middle six winger, Moulson in his brief stop in Minny had 6 goals in 20 games and helped the team to the second round of the playoffs that year. They got him for a pile of used jocks and he was a decent on the cheap add. Same with Vanek, came in as a free agent and was ran out because he was only a 50 point a year guy. 

My point is, Moulson FOR WHAT HE IS, came in for nothing and contributed, Same with Vanek and a bunch of other guys. The front office did not want to 'trust the process' and Fletcher is not a process guy. The Flyers have a ton of talent but are clearly missing something. He is not afraid to tinker, to add and subtract while trying to figure out what it is that is missing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brelic said:

Even if Hextall did micromanage, the reality is that Hakstol has been here 4 years and has had plenty of time to put his stamp on the team, regardless of who his assistants are. IMO, he hasn't really done that to any effective degree. 

I kind of hear you on this.  I'm not trying to defend Hakstol that much, but if Hextall has been preventing him from putting his stamp on the team - i.e., playing the way Hakstol wants them to play - is that really a bad reflection on Hakstol?  Plus, I have some sympathy for Hakstol because he's been given a **** sandwich in net for years and at times I've wondered how he's been able to get the team to perform given the roster.  I'm kind of giving Hakstol a clean slate, actually - for the rest of this year.  But, if Q says he wants the job....

But if Fletch tries hard enough, maybe he can pry Kadri from them for Simmonds in a package. He'd become our 2C, push Patrick to 3C. 

Kadri also played some time with JVR.

I'm cool with that, depending on what goes the other way.  The Leafs are crowded down the middle, no?  Kadri seems to be the odd man out and he has a reasonable deal.  

Yes, no doubt. I just hope it's a splash worth making, and not one 'just because'.

Flyers don't play until Thursday.  What are the chances he makes a trade before then?

I have zero faith in the hire. More of the same "Let's see who's in my contact list on my flip phone, oh there's Chuck". Truthfully, it wouldn't surprise me if the Flyer party boys let Scott make the pick. Old Man Snider is smiling somewhere though, having picked ex-Flyers in his will, to run the franchise. This, instead of having a made a nice gesture to all the hockey fans of the Flyers who's minds don't live in the 70s. and saying "We'll pick the best hockey people now, instead." "We'll change our ways because they aren't working." Sorry, about the quotes, but I am not the least bit happy with this hire. He seems like yet another puppet. Maybe empty seats will someday get this franchise to wake up to the fact that GOOD hockey people are what you need. Now, where's my Zoloft?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Fletcher’s family has ties to the recently fired Joel Quenneville, who coached Chicago to three Stanley Cups and is a candidate to replace Dave Hakstol if the new GM changes his coach.

Praying for a new Christmas present ........