Chuck Fletcher it is...

vis

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I have zero faith in the hire. More of the same "Let's see who's in my contact list on my flip phone, oh there's Chuck". Truthfully, it wouldn't surprise me if the Flyer party boys let Scott make the pick. Old Man Snider is smiling somewhere though, having picked ex-Flyers in his will, to run the franchise. This, instead of having a made a nice gesture to all the hockey fans of the Flyers who's minds don't live in the 70s. and saying "We'll pick the best hockey people now, instead." "We'll change our ways because they aren't working." Sorry, about the quotes, but I am not the least bit happy with this hire. He seems like yet another puppet. Maybe empty seats will someday get this franchise to wake up to the fact that GOOD hockey people are what you need. Now, where's my Zoloft?

right here .....

image.jpeg.cba97edfa6c7042b3c57b7b69a22042a.jpeg

:VeryCool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

Before folks start running into oncoming traffic and jump off bridges can we at least give the guy a friggin' chance here?   He was not my top pick but for Christ's sake give the guy a chance and see what he brings based during his time in PHILLY. 

@pilldoc  you need to start handing out Zoloft for every time a new poster signs up and selects the Flyers as their favorite team.

jumping GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Before folks start running into oncoming traffic and jump off bridges can we at least give the guy a friggin' chance here?   He was not my top pick but for Christ's sake give the guy a chance and see what he brings based during his time in PHILLY. 

@pilldoc  you need to start handing out Zoloft for every time a new poster signs up and selects the Flyers as their favorite team.

jumping GIF

Someone needs to find @ruxpin and makes sure he is ok and hasn't hurt himself over this news.

You notice he has been unresponsive..

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

jumping GIF

If he had no track record of making terrible deals in Minnesota and elsewhere, I'd be fine with it. In fact, I'd be happier with this move if he had no track record at all, and Holmgren just said "Here's one of my besties, I call him Fletch, but you can call him Mr. Fletcher." Sorry. I've seen this kind of circus in town for too long.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Someone needs to find @ruxpin and makes sure he is ok and hasn't hurt himself over this news.

You notice he has been unresponsive..

According to Eklund, he turned back into a stuffed bear. You OK, rux?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

Agree ..... he does deserve a chance, however, it is fair to say most of us are disappointed.  He could just surprise us and do a decent job......  fair to say I will hold my breath with very cautious optimism.

4 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Free tablets with your BBQ if you stop off at my BBQ store .... Divine Swine Ice Pigs (those in the FHL ..NAHANA/All Star Leagues..will get it) ... LOL

22 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Plus, do we really want guys that aren't really "in the plans" in Toronto coming here ?

Well, one is already here...

Seriously, the Leafs are going to have a cap crunch.  They need to start figuring things out sooner rather than later.  And given his production and contract, it's something I would consider.

Yes, I recall that he's a bit of a douche...

Edited by vis
  • Uggh... 1

6 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

LOL!  I was thinking the same thing.   Can't wait for his post....   

should  be an epic rant that he is noted for... :)   :PopcornSmiley2::PopcornSmiley2:

Edited by pilldoc
  • Haha 2

BOLO .....

Caucasian male .... may or may not be wearing something orange which resembles a Flyer emblem.  Answers to the name @ruxpin or rux for short.    Last seen typing away on his computer 4 hours ago.  Could be missing due to recent news of Chuck Fletcher being hired as new GM of Flyers.    Might be muttering over and over .... "It had to be Fletcher....Damit it!     It had to be Fletcher ....  ".  Rumor has it he may be heading to Winnipeg.  Loves Bears.  If seen please notify HF.net so he can be safely returned to his home. 

That is all.....  :smileyandcomputer:

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, vis said:

I really really hope not.  

He's got cap room.  If it's me, I don't trade anyone but  Weal, Raffl, Lehtera, Weise, Mac, Folin, Neuvirth, Lyon and maybe Simmonds depending on how the team is looking and what his agent is asking for at the deadline.  

The fact of the matter is (and Hextall friggin' knew this) everything the Flyers need becomes available this summer (a year the Flyers just happen to have $32 million to spend.  If it's me, I target, Panarin, Gardiner, Varlamov or maybe Duchene (we still need a 2C/3C) and Nilssen (if you can't get Varlamov) are UFA's to target this summer.  It really doesn't make sense to trade actual assets like Sanheim and Myers for anything like that now.   

You can't get all of them this summer because you have to resign Provo, Sanheim, Laughton, Konecny and Stolarz (I'm gonna go ahead and pull an I told you so on that one so far) to bridge deals.  Luckily Provo is having a god awful season and ruining his bargainnng ability in the process, but Konecny is going to get PAID, especially if he keeps it up and in light of the Nylander deal.

If the Flyers DO manage to sign a Gardiner type D man (I really don't want to spend the Karlsson money because I want a Fwd and a G too) I'd be willing to talk about trading Sanheim in a potential Nylander deal to address the 3C dilemma.  

I would not be thrilled with anything big trades right now unless it's literally squat for a potential UFA like Panarin, but Columbus isn't giving up on this season most likely.  A Nylander deal in season is still most likely IMHO and I don't like what it'll cost.  

But I still have some faith in Morin when he's able to return (not sure it should be this year necessarily) and Myers, so if they need to trade Sanheim, I won't get too upset.  He would win cups in Toronto if he goes there though.  

As far as the coach goes, I'm still not sure if Quennville is the right guy for this team, but I won't have a fit if he's brought in now.

I'd rather see Keefe or someone a little more forward thinking at least considered first and most of those types are Mid-season somewhere.  

It's for that reason I won't throw a hairy cat fit if Hakstol isn't replaced right now, and we'll see what the defense can do when Murphy is replaced (which I would like to see happen because good lord Ghost and Provo look lost out there), but frankly, I'd just as soon see Stevens brought in as an interim to finish the season and publicly call it a "Favor to the organization".  Consider letting him stay on as an Asst. under the new regime if he's up for it.  

• Like 1