Chuck Fletcher it is...

vis

27 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Are you sure? We could trade him for a slow, stupid overpaid defenseman. We'll get him back and pay through the nose for it in 8-10 years. 

Nah, never happen. Too crazy. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we make a similar move under this new management. Not Patrick specifically, but a young guy who goes on to great success for a short-term, braindead move to win NOW, because, empty seats and tossed jerseys.

Luke Schenn is out of the NHL at 28, a time when defensemen usually are in their prime years.

San Diego must be so happy.

• Like 1

If we're ready to give up on Patrick already, what makes us think Arizona is going to trade their number one defenseman, whom they just signed to an eight year extension, for him?

And then who plays center?

9 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

He's negative a kazillion the past couple years. He's a lazy player, IMO

And it you don't think that has anything to do with the rest of the team??

The other 20-23 players don't have a hand in that it is all...it's ALL on OEL who plays against the other team's top line nightly??

22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And it you don't think that has anything to do with the rest of the team??

The other 20-23 players don't have a hand in that it is all...it's ALL on OEL who plays against the other team's top line nightly??

Oh, then by all means, bring him here, because he'll be surrounded by hard working players who play strong defense and we have superior goaltending. 

I'm just saying he's NOT helping anyone. He's not the guy to go for if you're trying to help the kids.  He's helped no one in Arizona.  And certainly not for Patrick. 

He's signed for forever, though, so that should be attractive to Fletchgren

Edited by ruxpin

10 minutes ago, Claude Monet said:

This Fletcher guy is a genius. He is holding on to Hak so the Flyers get Hughes in the draft...coinciding with bring up Hart next year 

optimism!!

Yeah let them sink like a rock or fight there way out.

No since in doing something rash.

I don't think only one move fixes what ails them.

This is an offseason fix.

Staff on down to the players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yep one move is not fixing this. Hak is obviously the elephant in the room But some of the guys on the ice really suck

let alone the rest of the coaching staff. 

This off season they lose some deadweight and even more the next year. 

I really hope they are sellers and not buyers when they trade this year! 

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'll reverse that logic. If making one move doesn't fix what ails them, then make it anyway. Doing nothing is complacency, and that isn't acceptable. The fans, like ourselves, sure as hell deserve better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I'll reverse that logic. If making one move doesn't fix what ails them, then make it anyway. Doing nothing is complacency, and that isn't acceptable. The fans, like ourselves, sure as hell deserve better.

Sure i am using Jack Hughes as my reward for my suffering....that is worth it. At least to me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I make a move or two that are forward looking. But making moves for this year are, postmortem, giving Jack Kennedy ear piercings. 

But, I think we all need to keep in mind that this is Philly. We'll tank and finish 10 pts behind the 30th place team and someone else's ping pong ball will come up. 

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure i am using Jack Hughes as my reward for my suffering....that is worth it. At least to me.

i really hope that's not what they are doing because it's really going to look bad on the players,  i love to have hughes but for sake for morale it's not worth it.

On 12/14/2018 at 9:28 AM, ruxpin said:

Patrick stinks right now, but he's still a #2 overall pick and just 20 years old. 

Yes, it sucks that others in his draft year and adjacent to it are leaps ahead of him, but it's far too early to give up on him. 

The smarter move is to reduce his role to something more appropriate for where he is right now - like 3C.

Patrick was reduced to the 4C in the game last night vs Edmonton, and he responded well being one of the best players on the ice last night for the Flyers with some energy and jump.  Patrick was noticeable last night and was rewarded with minutes on the first line with Giroux towards the end of the game.  Let's hope his energized play continues tonight.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Patrick was reduced to the 4C in the game last night vs Edmonton, and he responded well being one of the best players on the ice last night for the Flyers with some energy and jump.  Patrick was noticeable last night and was rewarded with minutes on the first line with Giroux towards the end of the game.  Let's hope his energized play continues tonight.

What were the lines? I see Patrick played over 14 minutes... doesn’t sound like 4C. 

17 minutes ago, brelic said:

What were the lines? I see Patrick played over 14 minutes... doesn’t sound like 4C. 

I see that he played just over 10 min.  He started out on a line with Lindblom and Varone.  Patrick saw minutes with Giroux and Konecny in the 3rd.

20182019-20494-shiftchart.png

51 minutes ago, flyersfan35 said:

i really hope that's not what they are doing because it's really going to look bad on the players,  i love to have hughes but for sake for morale it's not worth it.

I don't think it even matters even when they are trying they just ain't that good it looks as if it's boiled down to a coaching strategy especially with that lack of movement and lack of creativity.

At the end of the tanking comes naturally.

33 minutes ago, brelic said:

He was on the 4th till the 3rd when Hak got desperate down 3-0.

The lack is coming out of the hangman's noose slowly but surely.

Hak is just over his head in the NHL.

He is like Chip Kelly he needs to take his methods back to college.

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I make a move or two that are forward looking. But making moves for this year are, postmortem, giving Jack Kennedy ear piercings. 

But, I think we all need to keep in mind that this is Philly. We'll tank and finish 10 pts behind the 30th place team and someone else's ping pong ball will come up. 

Which is EXACTLY why you don't tank. Edmonton getting the first pick every year was a freak. Maybe we do a little more, and give Jack a nose ring, too.

• 3 weeks later...

I had hoped Philly would have seen a few more wins since the HC and GM changes, but it doesn't seem like they've made any impact. They won one game where I thought they were an underdog, which since then it's back to normal. I've chosen Philly several times in the Pick'em Challenge, thinking they'd edge out a win where they otherwise wouldn't... But to no avail.

Then this morning I was going over more recent posts and it hit me. When Fletcher was the Wild GM, going into the trade deadline, it always seemed like he made trades that didn't really help the team. The worst was when the Wild were doing well he acquired Ryan White and Martin Hanzal. IMO that was absolutely stupid.

So, what hit me this morning was a gut feeling (now looking back) that while other teams may have had all their ducks lined up for moves they were going to make, was Fletcher late to the party and took whatever garbage was left on the table? I felt that way back then but upon reading your posts I was sorely reminded about it all over again.

Anyway, I'm not here to drag you down at all but when I smell a fish I don't have qualms about sharing my opinion. Put the heat on that sob sooner than later I guess.

• Good Post 1