Chuck Fletcher it is...

vis

1 minute ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

More like angel dust but then you'll find out it was just cane sugar instead, he'll hype the crap out of your young players...then give away 2nd round picks like candy as well as no movement clauses.  

You're not wrong (you KNOW you're not wrong!). But you're killing me. 

6 minutes ago, icehole said:

That is very exciting and would be a nice change of pace.

Yaaaa....we haven't had a guy who traded away the likes of Brent Burns for next to nothing and has TWO 34 year olds signed for 7 more years at 7 mil a year since....well since all the way before Hextall.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Not happy about this, but will give the guy a chance. 

But if he trades away any or all of Provorov/Konecny/Ghost/Sanheim/Frost/Farabee/Hart/Myers I'm gonna punch him in the face and stop watching NHL hockey.

PS...Rick Wilson? Why? 

Nothing against him but....why?

Maybe (and I'm only grasping at straws here) he will be able to show the defensemen how to execute Hak's aggressive system where the Dmen pinch and help support the puck in the offensive zone.

I mean let's be honest here they have sucked at it knowing when and not when to do it.

I mean just reference th 9 shorties they have given up in 2 MONTHS time!

Plus he can help teach the forwards maybe how to recognize this and when to help the pinching D men when they do.

I think have someone he is familiar with and what he wants to do could be huge.

I never liked the Gord hire in the first place he never knew how to play actual defense anyways how the hell would he be able to show someone else.

I'm given it a chance because what else am I going to do?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

He's competent...he just hasn't won a Stanley Cup as GM.  Trust me, Fletcher was far better than Risebrough.  

All I just saw was "cow manure is better than chicken dung." 

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Yaaaa....we haven't had a guy who traded away the likes of Brent Burns for next to nothing and has TWO 34 year olds signed for 7 more years at 7 mil a year since....well since all the way before Hextall.

Burns was far from his only bad trade....he's made many. But his drafting is also pretty lame. Holmgren may as well have just stepped back in after leaving the team in shambles after his last stint.

What are Fletchers credentials that are of ANY interest? Minnesota?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Burns was far from his only bad trade....he's made many. But his drafting is also pretty lame. Holmgren may as well have just stepped back in after leaving the team in shambles after his last stint.

What are Fletchers credentials that are of ANY interest? Minnesota?

Well, at least now the philosophies match. They're utter crap, but they match. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I'd rather bring in a squirrel on a bender as head coach than Stevens...even as an interim. What happens if they squeak into that 8th spot with Stevens and they go "That was a good decision...let's keep him on board as head coach". No thank you.

My friend, I hate to break it to you, but Stevens is a better coach than Hak or Berube and maybe half the coaches in this league.  

Besides, I don’t see it as a problem. Remember, The Flyers went to the ECFs and almost beat the devils in ‘00 with an interim coach who they HAD to keep because their normal coach got Cancer and died.  They then fired him after Barber did well with the Phantoms. They didn’t even send him back to being an assistant which is what I’m proposing. 

I just DONT see not giving Hextall the year to see through his plan because you need to win more right away... and then not doing SOMETHING about the atrocious coach.  

Maybe it it was Ally Murphy’s fault... but if so, how the hell could Hakstol not keep him in line? 

21 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I'll have to pick a 3rd team to root for now, since the Kings and Flyers both suck. 🙄:ph34r:

The Kings should hire Hextall.  Lombardi screwed up that roster with terrible contracts AFTER the cups and Blake doubled down on it This year.   That team can’t even start to rebuild for at least 4-5 years. Which is almost exactly where Hextall was.  

They’ll give Blake more time though but there’s absolutely nothing he can do other than to sell guys he just signed and start retaining salary.  Dear god I hope he doesn’t talk to Fletcher.  

48 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

So, he fits right in. Perfect!:ph34r:

This is tragic IMHO. Hextall did EXACTLY what he told Homer he would do 4.5 years ago.  EXACTLY.  

I know we all want these miracle EA style trades to have happened and UFAs to be signed but it just wasn’t there... yet.  This summer was the big year with a TON of talent. 

So so we fired Hextall for not signing Grabner and Halak because he likely had his eyes on Panarin & Varlamov. SMART MOVE Homer smart move.  

I am so sick of this team’s short sighted executive management.  

And yes That includes Hextall because if he’s just fired Hak, Murphy and Lappy (whobhave all been terrible at their jobs) he gets to keep his plan And we are spared trading Sanheim and Myers for the rights to Karlsson and laying $100 million to a D man who’s probably going to spend 3/4 of the rest of his career hurt or worse.  And before you tell me i’m Being dramatic I ask you to recall what happened to Pronger and how the team did after that and what happened next.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I have zero faith in the hire. More of the same "Let's see who's in my contact list on my flip phone, oh there's Chuck". Truthfully, it wouldn't surprise me if the Flyer party boys let Scott make the pick. Old Man Snider is smiling somewhere though, having picked ex-Flyers in his will, to run the franchise. This, instead of having a made a nice gesture to all the hockey fans of the Flyers who's minds don't live in the 70s. and saying "We'll pick the best hockey people now, instead." "We'll change our ways because they aren't working." Sorry, about the quotes, but I am not the least bit happy with this hire. He seems like yet another puppet. Maybe empty seats will someday get this franchise to wake up to the fact that GOOD hockey people are what you need. Now, where's my Zoloft?

but at least the employees will be happy going to work :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

then give away 2nd round picks like candy as well as no movement clauses.  

Jeezus...am I going through some strange time warp like the twilight zone. :dizzysmiley-1:   I swear to god he sounds just like Homer from a few years ago.  What the hell did Star Wars clone him??????  They must be long lost brothers...Homer traded away 2nd round picks too..  We were amazed when Hexy drafted someone in the 2nd Round.  Like the M&M's commercial when they meet Santa....draft picks DO EXIST!!!!

My blood pressure is already going sky high and he has yet to officially take over the team.......

Edited by pilldoc

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

LOL...look at the bright side Rux...this guy has never had his team past round 2 in his career, and he has Parise and Suter signed for SEVEN MORE YEARS! 

I’ll bet those contracts outlive Fletcher’s tenure in Philly. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

Google Chuck Fletcher

Then Google Martin Havlat (the first FA signing), Niklas Backstrom (re-signed - oh good lord why?), Dany Heatley (slug), Thomas Vanek (slug) and Jason Pominville (dwindling / declining rapidly slug.) Note their price tags coming in, their duration of play in a Wild sweater... And the NTC's (No Trade Clause) he gave them. Add up the Millions he tied up with the team and the buyouts he gave to send them packing.

Then you'll have a clue why he acquired players like Matt Moulson, Cody McCormick, Martin Hanzal, Ryan White, Chris Stewart (twice), Jordan Leopold, Teemu Pulkkinen, Chris Porter, Torrey Mitchell, Zenon Konopka, Robbie Earl, Sean Bergenheim, Keith Ballard, Matt Cooke, Zac Dalpe, Jake Dowell, Tyler Ennis, Tom Gilbert... *See edit

Those of you hoping Fletcher hires Joel Quenneville at some point... Mike Yeo is available.

When Fletcher sought out players he listened to his on-ice players more than his staff. Granted, that's my opinion but upon many of them coming to this team comments were made by some core players and Fletcher regarding their ties with one another and how they'll play well together (in a nutshell.)

You'll not hear me talking too highly about Fletcher. He's an owners dream when it comes to things like team marketing and such, but players and getting those players to perform? Everything with Fletcher is, 'not for long.' 

Edit: To only name a few.

Edited by rottenrefs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1