Of our prospects who is untouchable? Once Fletcher starts making deals.

RonJeremy

It's obvious, that In order to get something good you also have to give up something good, unless your trading with Paul Holmgren..

So as far as prospects go, I'd say Hart, Ratcliff, Frost and  also Allison, as he is Simmonds replacement., are untouchable, possibly Meyers too . It is inevitable that one of our young dman will be traded Iif  not for a current deal,  possibly around expansion time.

I wonder if management is more apt to keep Sanheim or Meyers, who do they prefer and why. You gotta figure one of them will be traded. Or do both have better all around eventual upside that they end up trading Ghost since he is one dimensional. 

As far as the current roster, Provo, TK and Patrick and Lindblon should he the only ones off limits.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would add O'Brien and Farabee to your list. 

Truly why not keep both Sanhiem and Meyers ? Trade Freidman he's got a nice game too.

That would be really nice to have two guys with about the same skill level on different parings...would make a heck of a top 4... and makes your bottom pairing that much stronger. 

I'm curious to see what kind of difference the new d-coach makes.

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I would add O'Brien and Farabee to your list. 

Truly why not keep both Sanhiem and Meyers ? Trade Freidman he's got a nice game too.

That would be really nice to have two guys with about the same skill level on different parings...would make a heck of a top 4... and makes your bottom pairing that much stronger. 

I'm curious to see what kind of difference the new d-coach makes.

I'm interested to see if Wilson is going to have a positive effect to helping Ivan and Ghost regain their game, it will be huge in helping this team win some games.

I'll play.
Untouchable Non-Roster:  Hart, Frost, Ratcliff, Farabee, Allison, Meyers
Untouchable Roster:  Prov, Ghost, Sanheim, TK, Patrick, Lindblom, Giroux, Coots

Your top 4 dmen are in that list.

Your top 3 centers are in that list (now and future)

70% of your future top 9 are in that list.  

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm interested to see if Wilson is going to have a positive effect to helping Ivan and Ghost regain their game, it will be huge in helping this team win some games.

A Appleyard has been hitting twitter pretty hard about Provorov's usage.

Evidently 9 is playing insanely tough minutes, vs top lines and mucho de defensive zone starts. 

He's saying things like 

and 

so maybe coach could lighten up a little too ?

If we add everyone to the untouchable list, they wont be able to make any trades. I would rather trade Voracek, but who would want him. There's no way in hell that a chronic trader like Fletcher is gonna keep his hands of all the prospects. If he tries to shore up third line center , goaltending and adding a quality veteran defenseman,  there is no way that Sanheim or Meyers or Farabee are not included on a trade.

I dont see the point of making a trade for.mediocrity where you dont have to give up any top assets.To get quality, you will have to give up a top prospect. I'd love to keep the prospects, but its either make trades or sign overpriced UFAs and then ruin the cap again. Management obviously is not willing to wait.or they wouldn't have fired Hextall. I just hope Fltecher doesn't ruin the team.

8 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

so maybe coach could lighten up a little too ?

That or give him a better partner.

Ivan/Hagg

Ghost/Folin

Sanheim/Gudas 

i think is the best pairing return Mcdud to the box where he belongs.

9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I would rather trade Voracek, but who would want him.

I think there are a lot of teams that wouldn't mind having an 80pt winger.

He's kinda good.

This is the thinking that tripped my trigger when you brought up stinkin' Brady Tkchuak.  

That kid didn't do **** for 50 minutes. 

a puck hits his ass and goes in the net and now he's awesome...

Now imagine he played for the Flyers and didn't do **** for 50 minutes, still think he's all that ?

This grass is always greener business is wearing me out. 

Teams would pay handsomely for Voracek, most likely,  he'd be the best player in the deal too.

I also agree no one is likely untouchable, with the only exception of Hart. I think it would take some sort of mammoth trade offer for Fletch to move Hart at this point.

Aside from him, if by prospect you mean folks who are not on the current roster, I wouldn't put money on anyone being truly untouchable. I think if the right offer came around, Fletch would consider it for any of those guys. 

If you're extending your criteria to young players who are on the team, then I'd add Provo, TK, and Patrick to that list of untouchables. Much like Hart, i imagine it would take some sort of amazing offer to move any of those three at this point.

Also, as far as Voracek goes, he could absolutely be traded without issue. I'm not a huge fan of his game either, but he puts up plenty of points. Teams would take him for sure; in fact, we would get a pretty healthy return to him imo.

@RonJeremy With regards to Voracek, I know he doesn't play the kind of smash people to bits gameplay many of us grew up on, but he's nonetheless an elite level scorer. To think that has no value is just wrong. Teams today will take the skill guy over the tough guy virtually every single time.

@mojo1917  stinking Brady Tkachuk is doing quite well for an 18 year old rookie on the worst team. As far as the grass being greener , I like our players, but we haven't had a hard nosed skilled winger  in a long time. That's not green grass that's a fact. Games are not decided in the first 50 minutes, they are decided at the end. Tkachuk plays the kind of game that the Flyers certainly could use and since players of his style are now a rarity it would be nice to have a modern day Tocchet. 

2 hours ago, elmatus said:

I also agree no one is likely untouchable, with the only exception of Hart. I think it would take some sort of mammoth trade offer for Fletch to move Hart at this point.

Aside from him, if by prospect you mean folks who are not on the current roster, I wouldn't put money on anyone being truly untouchable. I think if the right offer came around, Fletch would consider it for any of those guys. 

If you're extending your criteria to young players who are on the team, then I'd add Provo, TK, and Patrick to that list of untouchables. Much like Hart, i imagine it would take some sort of amazing offer to move any of those three at this point.

Also, as far as Voracek goes, he could absolutely be traded without issue. I'm not a huge fan of his game either, but he puts up plenty of points. Teams would take him for sure; in fact, we would get a pretty healthy return to him imo.

@RonJeremy With regards to Voracek, I know he doesn't play the kind of smash people to bits gameplay many of us grew up on, but he's nonetheless an elite level scorer. To think that has no value is just wrong. Teams today will take the skill guy over the tough guy virtually every single time.

For a decent return, I'd trade Patrick without blinking. Not for a POS defenceman from the Leafs, mind you, but I'd listen to offers. 

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

For a decent return, I'd trade Patrick without blinking. Not for a POS defenceman from the Leafs, mind you, but I'd listen to offers. 

Just curious why Patrick?? Always like to pick your brain...... I genuinely appreciate your insight....

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Just curious why Patrick?? Always like to pick your brain...... I genuinely appreciate your insight....

Don't put much stock in my "insight" on this one (but thanks for the compliment).

I'm not shopping him (just in fantasy. Interested? Lol).  He's way too early in his career and I'm not sure he's been used right.  So it's not like I'm calling teams saying, "hey, I like your goalie, want my second overall?" 

I think a lesson should be taken from Coots not to jump too quickly to conclusions.  

That said, I'm frustrated with him enough that I'd listen depending upon what we're talking about. The reason I'd wait is the same reason he frustrates me:  there are flashes that show he's really good. And then he disappears for forever. 

Is that coaching? They've given him decent linemates, though, so structure? Confusing instruction?  Too many Hextall-approved soy, arugula, and quinoa salads?  Not kept in juniors long enough? 

I don't know. 

I'm not shopping him.  But I'm listening. It better be good, though. 

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Konecny is hardnosed lite, he is kinda like Richards was for us. I'm talking about over 6ft , 200 lbs plus type of hardnosed.

Connor Bunnaman and Carsen Twarynski fit that mold but you'll have to give them time to develop some this year is their first year of AHL play.

25 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

For a decent return, I'd trade Patrick without blinking

So throw me a package together with him part of it for Johnny Gaudreau...they need a guy who can skate forward into the zone with the puck with authority...get me this kid...

And he justis the type speed skill this team needs...like @ 5:04 of this video vs. Blue Jackets...

...go get him...

Archived