Of our prospects who is untouchable? Once Fletcher starts making deals.

RonJeremy

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So throw me a package together with him part of it for Johnny Gaudreau...they need a guy who can skate forward into the zone with the puck with authority...get me this kid...

And he justis the type speed skill this team needs...like @ 5:04 of this video vs. Blue Jackets...

...go get him...

You know what's funny? He's specifically the player that was going through my head when I was writing to @pilldoc

You're right about package: it takes more than Patrick.  But coming up with a package that works and isn't overpaying is above my pay grade. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

You know what's funny? He's specifically the player that was going through my head when I was writing to @pilldoc

You're right about package: it takes more than Patrick.  But coming up with a package that works and isn't overpaying is above my pay grade. 

Ok so we have a start Patrick and JVR plus what????

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

@ruxpin

James van RiemsdykMatthew TkachukSean Monahan

Matthew TkachukMikael BacklundSam Bennett

Andrew MangiapaneNolan PatrickJames Neal

Austin CzarnikMark JankowskiGarnet Hathaway

So that is a good lineup for them...thoughts?

So long as we acknowledge this is completely a flight of fantasy. Lol

Calgary is not trading Johnny Hockey. 

You know what's a bit scary?  JVR is making more than him. 

I think you'd have to take some salary back and throw in a pick as a result. Because the Flames are pretty close to the cap. 

Nothing among skaters really works. If they're confident Rittich is ready to take it, maybe you add Smith. He's a UFA this summer so I'm not sure how attractive that idea is to either party. 

I'm assuming we're including JVR because LW for LW. 

JVR makes this weird. But I get it. 

32 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So throw me a package together with him part of it for Johnny Gaudreau...they need a guy who can skate forward into the zone with the puck with authority...get me this kid...

And he justis the type speed skill this team needs...like @ 5:04 of this video vs. Blue Jackets...

...go get him...

I remember Johnny saying when he became a FA he would love to come to Philly is he an UFA any time soon?

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Calgary is not trading Johnny Hockey. 

Well he has already said he wants to play in Philly.

He is only under contract 3 more years after this one.

So they could get a young forward in Patrick and JVR who would give them another year under contact and yeah i would take Smith back maybe if i had to to make this happen.

And sure i know it's more fantasy than anything.

In terms of untouchables, there's only a handful that should be untouchables. The list would include:

Konecny, Patrick, Lindblom, Provorov, Sanheim, Rubtsov, Hart, Frost, Farabee, Zamula

In terms of only being included in a deal if it means the return is a player like a Seth Jones/Ryan Johansen-type:

Allison, Ratcliffe, O'Brien, Laczynski, Myers, Friedman, Sandstrom, Cates, Ginning, Kalynuk

Draft picks should be off limits.

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

In terms of untouchables, there's only a handful that should be untouchables. The list would include:

Konecny, Patrick, Lindblom, Provorov, Sanheim, Rubtsov, Hart, Frost, Farabee, Zamula

In terms of only being included in a deal if it means the return is a player like a Seth Jones/Ryan Johansen-type:

Allison, Ratcliffe, O'Brien, Laczynski, Myers, Friedman, Sandstrom, Cates, Ginning, Kalynuk

Draft picks should be off limits.

Good list and good reasoning.  I wouldn't be thrilled seeing any in the second list go, but yeah,  if it's a wow thing then yeah.

I've noticed all the Flyers rumours starting up again since Hextall has been fired. 

The two latest are Parayko and Mark Stone. 

I know Hextall ran a tight ship and wanted zero leaks, but I also gotta wonder if Hextall just never really had serious trade talks during his tenure. 

10 minutes ago, brelic said:

The two latest are Parayko and Mark Stone. 

And believe it or not i would like both of those additions....until i know the asking price that is.

Stone would give them a nice power forward to put out there versus a guy like Josh Anderson and they way he tried to bully Ivan.

And Parayko would give them a big 6-6 230 right hand shot who is only 25.

I would take both of those so yeah what would it cost.

I would give them their selection of anyone except Giroux, Ivan and Konecny on the roster right now.

Parayko is on the books for 4 more year after this one for 5.5 mill.

Stone would be a rental. He is a UFA at season end.

Everyone in the organization is touchable, for the right deal. Do your due diligence, draft picks after the top 5 rarely make the hall of fame. You don't win championships without HOF players at the top of the lineup. The Flyers brass has to decide if mediocre is good enough.

I think Ratcliffe is kind of a secret weapon, sure he is considered a top prospect, but with his size , toughness, leadership and skill level  he could blossom into our best pick of all. There are not many players like that around these days, I would not trade him at all. He could be a better version of John Leclair. 

6 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I think Ratcliffe is kind of a secret weapon, sure he is considered a top prospect, but with his size , toughness, leadership and skill level  he could blossom into our best pick of all. There are not many players like that around these days, I would not trade him at all. He could be a better version of John Leclair. 

Let's not forget 6-3 220 center Connor Bunnaman as a 3rd or 4th line power forward either.

He is playing his first season in the AHL this year.

Varone got called up and he moved up the lineup and scores the only goal in last nights 1-0 win as Hart closed the door.

So Flyers have some size coming you just have to wait till they get here.

Also I would love for the Flyers to try and go get Mark Stone to plug into the RW spot soon to be vacated by Simmer or a trade of Jake.

Would welcome either.

45 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

If you trade junk you get junk back. Also, there is another expansion draft coming up that has to be managed. 

Well I hope Fletcher learned something from his last one.

Giving up Haula and Tuch to the Knights ain't looking so hot.

So fingers crossed.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well I hope Fletcher learned something from his last one.

Giving up Haula and Tuch to the Knights ain't looking so hot.

So fingers crossed.

Haula was due to be a free agent, and he was never going to supplant Staal or Koivu as the 1C or 2C, so he was stuck at the 3C or 4C spot. Allowing Haula to leave also subjected the Wild to only one lost pick in the expansion draft instead of two. Then he made a deal with McPhee to give up Tuch to protect Dumba. Which would you rather have, Tuch or Dumba?

I think if Suter hadn't broken his ankle, Fletcher would have left Brodin unprotected instead of Dumba, and then maybe not have made the deal for Tuch. But with the uncertainty surrounding Suter's return, Fletcher didn't want to take a chance that he leaves Brodin unprotected (and most likely picked by McPhee) and then Suter not being able to return to the Wild. That would have left the Wild two first line defensemen short, which meant the Scandella/Pominville for Ennis/Foligno trade would have never happened because the Wild would have had to keep Scandella just so they had at least half of a defensive corps. Pominville would have remained on the team and the Wild still would have been in cap hell instead of just cap purgatory...

26 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Haula was due to be a free agent, and he was never going to supplant Staal or Koivu as the 1C or 2C, so he was stuck at the 3C or 4C spot. Allowing Haula to leave also subjected the Wild to only one lost pick in the expansion draft instead of two. Then he made a deal with McPhee to give up Tuch to protect Dumba. Which would you rather have, Tuch or Dumba?

I think if Suter hadn't broken his ankle, Fletcher would have left Brodin unprotected instead of Dumba, and then maybe not have made the deal for Tuch. But with the uncertainty surrounding Suter's return, Fletcher didn't want to take a chance that he leaves Brodin unprotected (and most likely picked by McPhee) and then Suter not being able to return to the Wild. That would have left the Wild two first line defensemen short, which meant the Scandella/Pominville for Ennis/Foligno trade would have never happened because the Wild would have had to keep Scandella just so they had at least half of a defensive corps. Pominville would have remained on the team and the Wild still would have been in cap hell instead of just cap purgatory...

Looks like you could have used Haula 29 goals he basically double up Koivu's stats letting him go.

Haula would have been 3rd on the team last year.

And Koivu?

Never mind I'm not even going to touch that one.

Hey but what do I know about Wild hockey.

Just from the outside looking in not a smart move.

Tuch for Dumba I guess I could see.

3 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

If you trade junk you get junk back. Also, there is another expansion draft coming up that has to be managed. 

I said the same thing in this thread...if we really want to improve the team we will have to trade some of our god prospects no one is giving us a good young player for Jordan Weal.

15 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I said the same thing in this thread...if we really want to improve the team we will have to trade some of our god prospects no one is giving us a good young player for Jordan Weal.

Well start with Jake, Simmer, Laughton, Weal, Lehtra and Weise and go from there.

Sure you wouldn't be getting a lot back for half of those I mentioned but on the last 3 I would just be happy to purge them.

Buh bye if you can.

Jake, Simmer and Laughton could fetch you something of value I'm sure.

IMO, humbly, I think everyone needs to look honestly at this team and the league as a whole and realize the Flyers are not in win now mode. There are a number of teams who are or believe they are. For that reason, I think the smart move in asset management is to move Giroux. I would love to win a cup with #28 as captain, but that is not realistic. He is the best commodity the team has and would fetch the best return. If everything revolves around Hart in goal, then trading your veteran assets makes the most sense. It also sets you up better to not get hurt as bad at expansion draft time if you can move more veterans, all inclusive. I also think it would put a more entertaining product on the ice if you get the right return. Big young fast physical. Not goons. Big young fast physical. If you put Hart in goal with the current roster he will spend more time injured than healthy. You need to put a team in front of him that will protect him.

5 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

For that reason, I think the smart move in asset management is to move Giroux.

I got what you're saying and I kno the frustration but I am not there yet with Giroux.

As I said in the post above there are others I would look to move first.

Like Jake and Simmer to prime pieces that can bring a nice return. One a rental and the other already signed for a few years of his prime

In fact just for shi ts and giggles I would make a nice trade to just one team for two guys I am interested in:

Jake Voracek and Wayne Simmonds

for

Mark Stone and Matt Duchene

Sure that is a helluva risky move because both are UFAs

And yeah Fletcher might not want to take that risk!

Hhhhhmmmm...

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 95 Matt Duchene - 61 Mark Stone
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 12 Michael Raffl
21 Scott Laughton - 24 Misha Vorobyev - 22 Dale Weise

That isn't a bad line up for next year!

Archived