Wild vs. Flames 12/6/18 @ 8:00PM CST at Scotiabank Saddledome

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:42 seconds left, 6 men on 4 and we skate around the perimeter looking for a shot.

Make it a pretty one.

-

The Wild were in this most of the game thanks to Stalock. No killer mentality. Just dump, chase, and skate around. Frustrating. A little more oompa and they do what they can to avoid it.

Smith, Lindholm and Flames too much for the Wild in 2-0 loss

Staal was pretty sluggish all night.  The Wild's passing was pretty bad, but a big part of it was Calgary's active sticks and the fact they were moving well from start to finish in this game.  The absent minded defense of Eriksson Ek effectively killed any chance to come back early in the 3rd period.  Who knows how long Koivu will be out; tough to say...considering he skated off the ice with no assistance.  Full game recap, a prospect update and your latest MN high school hockey rankings...check it out!  

11 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

The Wild were in this most of the game thanks to Stalock. No killer mentality. Just dump, chase, and skate around. Frustrating. A little more oompa and they do what they can to avoid it.

Why would you have your offensive plan of D+C when you're facing the most active goalie playing the puck in the league? 

It's getting tiresome to see other teams enter our zone with a good plan and also able to adjust while their team mates are in position to support and get a solid scoring opportunity. The Wild's plan of D+C and work the boards can easily be shut down especially when they think they can make cross ice passes through 3-4 players.

The transition game was a nightmare. 

@ClusterChuck right.

Any number of Flames players carried the puck into our end without much resistance. No fear, plenty of confidence.

Granlund, Dumba and occasionally Spurgeon are the only Wild players even attempting to cross the blueline instead of just dumping it in. Most Wild players look scared to death to cross the blueline carrying the puck unless they're on a breakaway.

Mikko, in his 14th year (I see) finally gained enough confidence to cross the blueline once last night. He's learning!

-

Dating back to Yeo's first year I used to complain about the Wild dumping and chasing... I got railed on heavily for (lying) or making it up. I see things haven't changed much these past 8 years or so as far as the team still dumping and chasing. Almost a decade later and our whole roster is still trying to gain confidence with the puck. At this rate I'll probably be 6 feet under before seeing any veteran Wild player (forward) cross the blueline with the puck and lead his team by example.

20 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

Dating back to Yeo's first year I used to complain about the Wild dumping and chasing... I got railed on heavily for (lying) or making it up. I see things haven't changed much these past 8 years or so as far as the team still dumping and chasing. Almost a decade later and our whole roster is still trying to gain confidence with the puck. At this rate I'll probably be 6 feet under before seeing any veteran Wild player (forward) cross the blueline with the puck and lead his team by example.

Really ?!..lol. I've watched it too...year after year...That's why I mentioned how other teams fully control the puck entering our zone, Especially lately. I see all these years others do it and think to myself. "Why don't we do that?"..

Archived