Game 26: Blue Jackets @ Flyers; 12/6 @ 7

Howie58

6 minutes ago, darthbal said:

Provy fumbled the pass back to Coots, and Coots played Atkinson soft on the boards

*from* Coots. That was an insanely stupid, bad pass. That was entirely on Coots. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

That was all Coots. 

I don't think he played horribly otherwise. Didn't play particularly well, either. 

Figures the Flyers get a 2nd pick in the draft and they get Patrick.

Couldn't be a Laine, Eichel, Barkov, Seguin, Hedman or Doughty type.

Friggin Capatain Invisible....

50 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Provolne.....was on the boards and not in the middle of the ice .....

that was Provey man ....

Disagree. He was only caught out of position by the dreadful pass. 

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Disagree. He was only caught out of position by the dreadful pass. 

Yes, but then he stayed in no man's land, staring off into space. He was in a position to cover no one at that point. 

Bad pass from Couturier initially, but then bad decision on coverage by Provorov. 

So, I have a question.

How does Lindblom get a team-low 4:38 TOI? I get that he had a few subpar games after the west coast swing like a MONTH ago.... but c'mon. Neither Weise nor Raffl are better than him offensively.

Btw, that 4:38 includes 1:55 on the PP. So the dude played about 2:43 of 5v5 hockey the ENTIRE GAME.

It makes no sense unless he's injured. And if he's injured, and can only handle 4 minutes of hockey, they need someone else in the lineup.

Provy:   man this kid has taken a giant step backwards and if they have hope of turning this around they need him to be much better.

JvR:  Has anyone even noticed him on the ice?

Jake:  rush the puck and turn it over 3 feet inside the blue line.

Lindblom:  why is this kid getting no ice time?

I hope Fletcher makes a move to bring in a 2C soon.  Patrick should not be in the top 6 right now based on his play.  

17 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Provy:   man this kid has taken a giant step backwards and if they have hope of turning this around the need him to be much better.

JvR:  Has anyone even noticed him on the ice?

Jake:  rush the puck and turn it over 3 feet inside the blue line.

Lindblom:  whey is this kid getting no ice time?

I hope Fletcher makes a move to bring in a 2C soon.  Patrick should not be in the top 6 right now based on his play.  

Provy: Jr year slump?  Crappy coaching from Murphy???

JvR: No I didn't know if he was scratched or not last night and I was in the building.  I keep thinking that he is #21 so I get excited until I realize it is just Laughton.

Jake: He giveth and he taketh every game and you always have to hope his good outweighs his bad

Lindblom:  I didn't realize his TOI was so low; that explains why he is virtually invisible to me out there as well.

6 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

Provy: Jr year slump?  Crappy coaching from Murphy???

JvR: No I didn't know if he was scratched or not last night and I was in the building.  I keep thinking that he is #21 so I get excited until I realize it is just Laughton.

Jake: He giveth and he taketh every game and you always have to hope his good outweighs his bad

Lindblom:  I didn't realize his TOI was so low; that explains why he is virtually invisible to me out there as well.

I think Provy is just in his own head.  He looks like a kid that lost confidence and his play is showing it....  I would take Provy off of PP2 and let Sanheim take the reigns at this point.   

JvR IMO needs a setup guy...  he is not going to create his own chances normally.   

Jake might be the most annoying Flyers player to watch.  He puts up the points but he is just a very frustrating player to watch.   

Lindy either needs to move up in the lineup or send him back to Lehigh.  If he is getting less that 5 minutes it is a total waste of his talent and not helping his development.   

Frustrating game and a very frustrating team.

On 12/6/2018 at 9:56 AM, brelic said:

JVR/Giroux/TK

Lindblom/Couturier/Simmonds

Laughton/Patrick/Voracek

Raffl/Lehtera/Weise

Wouldn't mind seeing that. 

Hey it can't hurt.

Patrick (pointless in 9 games) and JVR (pointless in 6 games) have been completely invisible and useless.

Just too many passengers on this team right now.

Good too see Sanheim can find the twine.

[IMG]

And we can try your line combos as long as we get Mcdud out the damn lineup.

[IMG]

Please get this turd out the lineup and let Folin play they could use another right hand shot back there too.

This power play is so embarrassing.........i tell you and this is where Knoblauch was suppose to "help"...

...and as shaky as Bob was all night spitting out juicy rebounds all over the place Flyers couldn't get to the loose puck and when they did they would shoot it wide or miss the open nets...not sure when this all will end.

Could have beat them in regulation last night.

On 12/6/2018 at 9:56 AM, brelic said:

JVR/Giroux/TK

Lindblom/Couturier/Simmonds

Laughton/Patrick/Voracek

Raffl/Vorobyev/Weise

I made one amendment.

It's time to see if Misha can help again. He has 9 points in 14 games.

No time like the present.

Ease him in and when he shows he is ready move him up the lineup with intentions of reducing Patrick's time role.

Something has to be done to shake Patrick out of this self entitlement he seems to play with since he was the 2nd overall pick.

He must be held accountable for his uninspiring play. If not now then when??

Sabres are going to light this team up saturday if they don't get their head out their asses and skate.

2 hours ago, brelic said:

Yes, but then he stayed in no man's land, staring off into space. He was in a position to cover no one at that point. 

Bad pass from Couturier initially, but then bad decision on coverage by Provorov. 

Yeah, I'll buy that. Looking at him coming off the ice, I think he'd agree. 

Seems we have seen this Sanheim before...so they need to get this kid more than 13:28 a night...get him going...

...get ass clown Mcud back to doing only thing he can do right...make popcorn!

Coots needs to work on his eye hand coordination in practice...

...the quick whistle sure didn't help either..

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ease him in and when he shows he is ready move him up the lineup with intentions of reducing Patrick's time role.

Something has to be done to shake Patrick out of this self entitlement he seems to play with since he was the 2nd overall pick.

He must be held accountable for his uninspiring play. If not now then when??

Can you guys believe it that since we have had this stupid lottery system in place that 2X we have had the #2 pick and the players have been underwhelming to say the least?  

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, I'll buy that. Looking at him coming off the ice, I think he'd agree. 

It didn't help any with Konecny floating nowhere near the damn play either....he comes flying in at the last moment to do what???

...Sabres are going to eat them alive sunday with this sad sad power play too. Finally the PK looks better.

It's time to take Provy off the 2nd PP.

All this talent and they are impotent as hell with an extra man....speechless on their performance.

Just now, Poulin20 said:

Can you guys believe it that since we have had this stupid lottery system in place that 2X we have had the #2 pick and the players have been underwhelming to say the least?  

I know right both times we get the two most heartless guys you can imagine....

....then we put the heartless guys on the same line.....SMFH!!!!!!!

Stolarz had a rough night.   Unusually sloppy for him. Usually, even when he doedn't make the phenomenal saves, he's at least on top of the easy ones.  First and Third he could have had IMHO.  Hope he bounces back soon and doesn't follow the trend of these extremely poorly coached Flyers goalies.  

Flyers were stifled for two periods though and I don't like that.

More importantly, What the hell is wrong with Provorov?  I'm going to start a new thread on that.

16 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

Hard to watch Pettersson light the NHL on fire with 25 points(14 goals) in 25 games...

...and then we watch Patrick and JVR (who is signed for 4 more years) display absolutely zero chemistry...ZERO!

And i don't understand JVR/Patrick/Simmer on the same line who play such similar games...

Archived