Game 26: Blue Jackets @ Flyers; 12/6 @ 7

Howie58

On 12/6/2018 at 2:21 PM, OccamsRazor said:

It's my birthday today so for my 47th....i am asking for a win and for them to chase Bob from the goal while doing it!!!

Go Flyers!!!!!

I won't be able to watch live because i will be out with friends celebrating....still i would like a win...Stolie with a shutout would be the cherry on top!!!!!!!

#notaskingformuch

Happy Belated Birthday...me too but I got two years on ya.  🎂🎉

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, brelic said:

Let's look at this a bit closer... 

#2 overall pick

2007 - JVR

2008 - Drew Doughty

2009 - Victor Hedman

2010 - Tyler Seguin

2011 - Gabriel Landeskog

2012 - Ryan Murray

2013 - Aleksander Barkov

2014 - Sam Reinhart

2015 - Jack Eichel

2016 - Patrik Laine

2017 - Nolan Patrick

2018 - Andrei Svechnikov

Anyone from that list you would rank below Patrick and JVR? Murray is the only one, I'd say.

Svechnikov has more points than Patrick, and he's an 18 year old rookie. 

And from Patrick's draft year, Hischier is ahead of him (almost double the production), but also Pettersson and Heiskanen (as a D-man), and both those guys are rookies this year.

You could say the common theme is that we had the #2 pick in poor draft years... or you could say the common theme is the Flyers. 

In retrospect, should Patrick have spent one more year in juniors?  Wondering if it was really fair to go from missed junior season due to injury straight to the NHL. 

22 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

In retrospect, should Patrick have spent one more year in juniors?  Wondering if it was really fair to go from missed junior season due to injury straight to the NHL. 

It couldn't have hurt.

Don't think anyone has been over developed in juniors.

Myself i think the Flyers more Hextall wanted him in Philly more so their doctors could keep a close eye on him.

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It couldn't have hurt.

Don't think anyone has been over developed in juniors.

Myself i think the Flyers more Hextall wanted him in Philly more so their doctors could keep a close eye on him.

And that's a good call, because the Flyers medical staff is well-known for top flight player medical care. 

Archived