2019 World Junior Hockey Championship

flyercanuck

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya their passing stunk. All around effort for large stretches just wasn't there. Wasn't much to like about this version of TC right from the get-go. And by get-go I mean actual hockey teams they played.

Yeah, although I thought they played quite well vs Russia. Russia played a great game and it could have gone either way. If they played as well last night they probably win. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

When is the Gold Medal game?

On 12/13/2018 at 5:57 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Saturday, Jan. 5

Relegation Game 3, if needed (12 p.m. ET)
Bronze-medal game (4 p.m. ET; NHLN, TSN)
Gold-medal game (8 p.m. ET; NHLN, TSN)

I had added it to your post, and Pinned it to the top of each page in this topic.

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

Congrats also to Ryan Poehling MVP of the tournament.

What about Pyotr Kochetkov the Russian goalie he is 19, will he be an undrafted free agent who can sign with anyone??

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/359578/pyotr-kochetkov

Someone show jump on trying to sign him.

Just curious for those who saw more of them than me, how did O'Brien look? I only saw bits of U.S. games and the entire Russia game (in a very loud pub). Farabee stood out, I thought, in a very positive way. But I never noticed O'Brien.

59 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Just curious for those who saw more of them than me, how did O'Brien look? I only saw bits of U.S. games and the entire Russia game (in a very loud pub). Farabee stood out, I thought, in a very positive way. But I never noticed O'Brien.

I don’t think he saw a lot of minutes, man. 

4 minutes ago, Bardonshky said:

I don’t think he saw a lot of minutes, man. 

Ya, me neither. I know he's had an injury filled season and he's playing his first hockey against elite talent this season. I was just wondering how he made out.

People are going to be on about that goal that got called back. Fact is, the US squad didn’t pressure like they had in prior games and their passing and possession game fell way off. I’m not on the team so I don’t have to say “not to take away from the Finns.” The US played the tightest hockey of the tourney then played the first period part time. 

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya, me neither. I know he's had an injury filled season and he's playing his first hockey against elite talent this season. I was just wondering how he made out.

I watched the early games casually but I’d guess he struggled with the speed of it. 

2 minutes ago, Bardonshky said:

I watched the early games casually but I’d guess he struggled with the speed of it. 

No doubt. It's a big step from high school. He did make that team...so that's a good sign from my perspective.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

O'Brien didn't see a single shift in the final round and maybe only a few shifts in the first few games with Hughes out.  St. Ivany didn't see that much ice time either.

Farabee has some slick skills.  

12 minutes ago, Bardonshky said:

People are going to be on about that goal that got called back. Fact is, the US squad didn’t pressure like they had in prior games and their passing and possession game fell way off. I’m not on the team so I don’t have to say “not to take away from the Finns.” The US played the tightest hockey of the tourney then played the first period part time. 

It might have been a different game had that goal counted.  They were a different team when they pressured just like when they scored the 2 goals to tie up the game. But then either Finland turned it up a notch or USA ran out of gas.  Primeau didn't have his best game either. 

It's hard to say but they spent a lot of energy in the game vs Russia the day before compared to the easier win vs the Swiss.  That might have been a factor.  

I thought USA played a great tournament and earned that Silver medal.  

39 minutes ago, hf101 said:

It might have been a different game had that goal counted.  .  

Sure. And the Russia game may have been different if their goal counted. And the Finns couldn't replicate that tying, or game winning goals against TC if their life depended on it. But they all happened. You have to have some luck to win.

Archived