Already know the team I must worry about with Skinner

Buffalo Rick

46 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

And waved a no trade clause to go there and stated it was near home

I understand that....and if all that is so, then it should be a slam dunk that he re-signs, right?
If I were him, looking at the situation in Carolina, their rebuild process compared to Buffalo's and what players were on the roster, I'd waive to go to the Sabres as well.

Again, in case you missed it, I think Skinner is a GREAT FIT IN BUFFALO!
Everything seems right. Roster, timing, cap space, linemates, proximity to home...probably a bunch of other things I am overlooking.
So should be a slam dunk re-sign.
Therefore, you and the rest of the Buffalo faithful should have no worries where he ends up, right?

But that is not the world we live in.
While I think Skinner would be a fantastic fit in Buffalo long term.... HE has to think so, as well as the team's ability to maintain a winner.
And if some other team offers similar, though obviously not as close to "home", but with a BETTER chance at winning plus the big bucks?
Then I say he goes to that other team.

10 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

When Edmonton made a ridiculous offer to Vanek forcing us to pay him more and kill our cap

Yes, HJ...I get that....once again, I am just glad archery isn't your hobby...
Insurance rates would go through the roof!!  😆

Similar to Flyers-Predators-Weber.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I understand that....and if all that is so, then it should be a slam dunk that he re-signs, right?
If I were him, looking at the situation in Carolina, their rebuild process compared to Buffalo's and what players were on the roster, I'd waive to go to the Sabres as well.

Again, in case you missed it, I think Skinner is a GREAT FIT IN BUFFALO!
Everything seems right. Roster, timing, cap space, linemates, proximity to home...probably a bunch of other things I am overlooking.
So should be a slam dunk re-sign.
Therefore, you and the rest of the Buffalo faithful should have no worries where he ends up, right?

But that is not the world we live in.
While I think Skinner would be a fantastic fit in Buffalo long term.... HE has to think so, as well as the team's ability to maintain a winner.
And if some other team offers similar, though obviously not as close to "home", but with a BETTER chance at winning plus the big bucks?
Then I say he goes to that other team.

I do not see another owner committing to the level that Pegula has lately.  They got Eichel, Dahlin, Risto and Middlestadt.  If that is not the basis for a winner I do not know what is? I mean on a young team. I am thinking Botterill might make a splash this year in FA to try and make the Sabres better right now?

Archived