Who will be our next goalie?

RonJeremy

45 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

If Stolarz is out for even a short time, we will definitely be trading for a goalie. Even if he isn't,  I think they will make a trade . I hope to God we dont give up anything good for a 34 yr old UFA like Howard. 

Neuvy will start versus Wings.

The emergence call-up/backup will start the second; then the Flyers will come from behind and win the game.

Then, after the game, Homer will be waiting for the 30 something "accountant" to offer him a 10 year contract with boat loads of cash, to be the new #1 goalie for the team.  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Find a bloody coach first

That is a forgone conclusion.  Finding a goalie will prove much harder. The real truth is, we need to improve the defense, whether by having new coaches or adding a veteran defensive stalwart.  Even if we get a solid goalie, without improving the defense , we will still suck. If the defense is improved dramatically,  we can actually give Hart a few games in late January and see if he is ready. 

51 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

That is a forgone conclusion.  Finding a goalie will prove much harder. The real truth is, we need to improve the defense, whether by having new coaches or adding a veteran defensive stalwart.  Even if we get a solid goalie, without improving the defense , we will still suck. If the defense is improved dramatically,  we can actually give Hart a few games in late January and see if he is ready. 

I still think a deal with the Kings for Quick would work.  They have two guys ready to start, and that never works out.  One will not be happy sitting on the bench

And you might not agree, but if they had something good enough to offer the Sabres for Linus Ullmark, he would be worth it.  He has only one loss in regulation and the way he played in Boston says he is as good as Hutton. But the Sabres no doubt do not want to lose him  Not unless that kid from Finland were ahead of schedule and ready

My colleague at work, Dave. 

His hips are kinda shot, but he's still pretty spry for a 50 year old. And he's got lots of spunk. Good puck handler.

Anyway, yeah it's a slow week for us at work, so mabes give him a call Fletch. He's cheap! 

And can't be worse.

Well Corey Crawford is out again with a concussion so please, please don't get that dude.

Quick I like but after watching him play the other night I never thought I would say this but he looks no better than Elliott.

His glove use to be money and wow has his skills eroded. 

So pass!

So if I had to pick an older goalie I would take Craig Anderson just because he is only signed for next year.

If he is available i bring him to Philly but I ain't given up much for him.

The team currently has a 7.7% chance to make the playoffs. I'm not interested in grabbing a Crawford or Quick and being saddled with another goalie who can't string together two decent performances, all for the faint hope of bumping that percentage up to an even 10%.

Apparently Hakstol will have an update on Elliott at practice today.

I honestly can't believe he's still coach. I'm sure he knows he's a goner (a few connected people have said Hakstol had already received a warning/notification of what would happen after the weekend), and it's just a brutal way to treat an employee.

I kinda feel the same about Hextall and the way he was fired. Let's face it, getting fired is no fun, but that the conversation lasted "twenty seconds" and he was "completely blindsided"? 

I dunno, that just lacks integrity in my book. 

36 minutes ago, brelic said:

Apparently Hakstol will have an update on Elliott at practice today.

I honestly can't believe he's still coach. I'm sure he knows he's a goner (a few connected people have said Hakstol had already received a warning/notification of what would happen after the weekend), and it's just a brutal way to treat an employee.

I kinda feel the same about Hextall and the way he was fired. Let's face it, getting fired is no fun, but that the conversation lasted "twenty seconds" and he was "completely blindsided"? 

I dunno, that just lacks integrity in my book. 

I'm sure Hak don't care he is under contract for next year so he gets paid no matter what and I am sure he will have a job quickly back in college or maybe in juniors.

This team is soft and they turn the puck over way too often for ANY goalie to come here and be safe and effective. Thats why they are injured all the time. The culture in the room is obviously broken too. That is the first thing to fix. And make a trip to Oz and get a heart. Thats the second issue to address.

1 minute ago, AJgoal said:

Carter Hart recalled. If Hakstol isn't fired, what's the over/under on the number of games in a row he plays before breaking?

I don't even want to think about it honestly, It scares me.

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

This team is soft and they turn the puck over way too often for ANY goalie to come here and be safe and effective. Thats why they are injured all the time. The culture in the room is obviously broken too. That is the first thing to fix. And make a trip to Oz and get a heart. Thats the second issue to address.

Some of it is just bad luck, but I also believe that when you're chasing the game, making mistakes and in panic mode, these things tend to happen to your goaltending and lineup in general. I could be wrong, but that's just my two cents.

Archived