Death with Dignity: Driver's Take on Imminent Dismissal

Howie58

I saw this on BSH:

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2018/12/16/18143916/what-the-hell-is-going-on-philadelphia-flyers-dave-hakstol-joel-quenneville

If we believe this, Hakstol will not be coaching in Detroit on Tuesday.  Will we have an interim?  Who knows?  

The weirdness with the starting goaltending last night (Stolarz, then Hart, then Stolarz) tells me the deal may have been done days ago.  Candidly, I was surprised the coaching staff wasn't jettisoned immediately after our former GM left.  

LOL at BSH trying to bring some clarity when they were one of the first, if not the first, to run on social media with the "OMG Hakstol is fired" story without him actually being fired.

Now she is trying to walk that statement back with "things change very quickly" comment.

The real kicker is that she says this all is unfair to Hakstol.  WHEN IT WAS HER PREMATURE TWEET THAT TOUCHED OFF THIS FIRESTORM.

I cannot stand BSH.  Just dreadful, clickbait garbage.  Their podcasts are unlistenable.  Vultures.

12 hours ago, Howie58 said:

The weirdness with the starting goaltending last night (Stolarz, then Hart, then Stolarz) tells me the deal may have been done days ago.  Candidly, I was surprised the coaching staff wasn't jettisoned immediately after our former GM left.  

Wonder if something fell through with Crawford?  

Interesting that Lyon was sent down.

I think there are multiple things going on (Hakstol fired, trade and possible coach hiring) and they want to coordinate announcement on all of it at the same time.  Then they got blindsided by a leak about the Hakstol part.

4 minutes ago, vis said:

Wonder if something fell through with Crawford?  

Interesting that Lyon was sent down.

I think there are multiple things going on (Hakstol fired, trade and possible coach hiring) and they want to coordinate announcement on all of it at the same time.  Then they got blindsided by a leak about the Hakstol part.

Yeah. Crawford got hurt either yesterday or Saturday (it's all bleeding together). He may be out for awhile. 

Archived