Hart Recalled, Stolarz to IR

AJgoal

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don’t want Hart playing behind that garbage D! It’s going to ruin his progress and knowing Hak, he will play Hart 20 straight games until he drives him to injury like he did Mason and Stolarz.

49 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Forward lines today:

Giroux-Patrick-Konecny

Simmonds-Couturier-Voracek

JVR-Laughton-Raffl

Lindblom-Varone-Weise

Extras: Weal, Lehterä

These lines make no sense. 

The one thing I really want from the next (Q) coach is consistency with lines.  Let them stay together.  Let them build chemistry.  Shuffling the lines all the time drives me mad.

1 minute ago, Digityman said:

The one thing I really want from the next (Q) coach is consistency with lines.  Let them stay together.  Let them build chemistry.  Shuffling the lines all the time drives me mad.

Remember Knoblauch is running practice and he can't even fix a power play so I wouldn't look to much into it till Gordon gets here and sorts it all out.

Gordon will win some points from me if he sits Mcdud for sure....

5 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Apparently, Q owns the same Line Blender(TM) as Hak. 

It's a popular model. 

Strange feeling: I'm equal parts excited to see Carter Hart get his first NHL start, equal parts terrified to see Carter Hart get his first NHL start.

I don't know if I've ever had that feeling before...

29 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Strange feeling: I'm equal parts excited to see Carter Hart get his first NHL start, equal parts terrified to see Carter Hart get his first NHL start.

So long as the coaches are like, "look, kid, the team is a cluster so don't worry about stats or any of that. Just do your best and have fun with your first start." 

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

So long as the coaches are like, "look, kid, the team is a cluster so don't worry about stats or any of that. Just do your best and have fun with your first start." 

I guess, but easier said than done.

One thing's for sure: we will find out shortly whether the sports shrink Hart has been seeing since he was 14 was worth the money.

[inside Podein25's head right now]:

don't make the Porsche joke, don't make the Porsche joke

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

[inside Podein25's head right now]:

Un1l.gif

41 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Well Carey Price was his same age and only had 12 AHL regular season games under his belt when he was called up and never looked back.

Hart has 17 so he is more seasoned! :beer:

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Remember Knoblauch is running practice and he can't even fix a power play so I wouldn't look to much into it till Gordon gets here and sorts it all out.

Knoblauch not satisfied with just not scoring on the PP anymore. He wants to make sure we rarely score again. 

16 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

Knoblauch not satisfied with just not scoring on the PP anymore. He wants to make sure we rarely score again. 

Well he has done an excellent job one power play goal in the last 23 attempts...he is getting there!

37 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Hextalls philosophy: We'd better let Hart develop slowly like they do with most NHL goalies...let him learn the pro game and take baby steps.

Homers: Should have traded that 2nd away a long time ago...

That would be hilarious if it weren't true! 🤬

From Eklund ....(take it for what it is worth ......)

*Also...Dont think too much into this Carter Hart call up...I am told that the Flyers are working hard to get another goalie in here and it is possible that Alex Lyon would go the other way...So Hart could be the backup for one game, or sent back if a deal is made before the 19th deadline

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Eklund's rumors start having more legs now that Hextall is out. That said, it's not like this is a surprise. Fletcher flat out said they were looking for a goalie when he was hired.

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

AMEN to no AMAC...........

I mean, let’s face some facts here. 

Elliott is injured. He’s been decent. 

Stolarz is injured. He’s been mediocre at best. 

Pickard is gone. He was mediocre at being mediocre. 

Neuvirth is never uninjured. He has not been sharp. 

Lyon is healthy but has been mediocre. 

So, guess what? Until we trade for an actual goalie, Hart’s up. 

He’s played well and earned an opportunity to suit up with the big boys. That’s a frickin’ dream come true for this kid. His family is flying in to watch him. That’s pretty awesome.

Worst case scenario, he plays tomorrow and has a bad game. They lose, say, 5-1, and two of the goals were bad. Or he gets pulled. So what? It’s his first game, and he gets a taste of where he needs to take his game to reach the next level. 

Best case, he plays really well tomorrow night. Shutout. “Hmm, guess what kid? You may have earned another game. You’re not bad at this hockey thing. Now let me see you do it again.”

Yeah, the timing of it is suspicious, but whatever. They need a goalie. And he’s what we have left. 

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

From Eklund ....(take it for what it is worth ......)

*Also...Dont think too much into this Carter Hart call up...I am told that the Flyers are working hard to get another goalie in here and it is possible that Alex Lyon would go the other way...So Hart could be the backup for one game, or sent back if a deal is made before the 19th deadline

I really like my Dubnyk idea, though he may be a system goalie and have trouble here. 

But what do you think Vegas would want for Subban? They can have Simmonds or Voracek. 

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I really like my Dubnyk idea, though he may be a system goalie and have trouble here. 

But what do you think Vegas would want for Subban? They can have Simmonds or Voracek. 

Simmonds I would not move but Vorachek could sure use a change of scenery. He will be the next "Carter" the Flyers trade away...Book.It.

Archived