Hakstol Fired

AJgoal

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Typewriter, I thought Homer was trying to send it via telegram...

Lol

In all seriousness, it's not a surprise firing. How on Earth can they not have something prepared already?

Can I facepalm my own post?

5 minutes ago, Samifan said:
8 minutes ago, brelic said:

It's coming lol.

Homer's typewriter is jammed again. 

Typewriter, I thought Homer was trying to send it via telegram...

via Indian Smoke Signal ????

image.jpeg.573582888516abb9d3d302a55b861992.jpeg

Hang on, folks.

I have a feeling it will be a ridiculous 48 hours for the Flyers up to the trade freeze.

You know, to follow up the previous ridiculous 48 hours. 

Which also, you know, follow the previous ridiculous 21 days. 

Gritty help us. 

Just now, vis said:

If true, Coach Q incoming shortly.

I'm not convinced. Would you? Maybe prior to this whole fiasco, and even then. Q has already said he wants to coach a contender, and this team is currently vying for Hughes. I'm not sure those two things line up.

1 minute ago, brelic said:

Hang on, folks.

I have a feeling it will be a ridiculous 48 hours for the Flyers up to the trade freeze.

You know, to follow up the previous ridiculous 48 hours. 

Which also, you know, follow the previous ridiculous 21 days. 

Gritty help us. 

For all of you old Batman fans, it will have to be Commissioner Gordon instead. I agree..as Terrell Owens would say "Get your popcorn ready". It's going to be one hell of a ridiculous and interesting next 48 hours., Thank God the Eagles won last night.

What a confused mess. 

These inconsistencies kinda lend credence to @vis conspiracy theory post in that there is a whole lot more going on, and it's clear it was NOT supposed to go down this way.

The inside source likely had it right that Hak was to be fired, but it's possible they only wanted to do it after the holidays and get Q or whomever to step in. 

But the early leak, the untenable performance on the ice, the walking wounded in goal... it was the perfect storm of chaos that forced their hand. 

Really, though, all could have been avoided if someone in the organization had taken PR 101 by Professor Hextall. 

2 minutes ago, vis said:

If true, Coach Q incoming shortly.

I want to believe that but I think that ship has sailed. I hope I'm wrong, and he gives the Flyer front office clusterpoops another chance. After all, Coach Q, it's Christmas, the season of giving and forgiving.

Just now, elmatus said:

I'm not convinced. Would you? Maybe prior to this whole fiasco, and even then. Q has already said he wants to coach a contender, and this team is currently vying for Hughes. I'm not sure those two things line up.

First, if they were indeed in talks, then I don't think this fiasco should mess that up completely (although possible).  I'm sure the Flyers can come up with some BS and blame the media outlets for running with things too quickly or without official confirmation.  It's not hard for folks to put 2 and 2 together.

As far as the team itself, I think the roster is vastly underperforming.  As a coach, I'm sure he believes there are things he can significantly improve upon on the ice.  There is definitely talent up front.  If they can get a goaltender and a vet dman, I think they could be in good position.  They are "only" eight points out of third in the Metro and the division sucks.  They are also pretty well positioned for the future.  Aside from the circus, the team isn't in terrible shape and you know they want to win now.

Archived