Game 32: Red Wings at Flyers; 12/18 @ 7

Howie58

Neither of these clubs has set the league on fire, but Detroit is a notch or two better: 

https://www.scoresandstats.com/previews/hockey/NHL/red-wings-vs-flyers-preview-and-predictions/360231/

It's hard to say if the O and B will be energized or flat after the Hakstol dismissal.  

Neither Jimmy Howard nor Jonathan Bernier has played well against the Flyers:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/preview/_/gameId/401044840

New Coach, new era...or more of the same?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PROJECTED LINEUPS (Subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 19 Nolan Patrick - 11 Travis Konecny
17 Wayne Simmonds - 14 Sean Couturier- 93 Jakub Voracek
25 James van Riemsdyk - 21 Scott Laughton - 12 Michael Raffl
23 Oskar Lindblom - 44 Phil Varone - 22 Dale Weise

9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 47 Andrew MacDonald
8 Robert Hägg - 3 Radko Gudas

79 Carter Hart
[30 Michal Neuvirth]

Scratches: 15 Jori Lehterä (healthy), 40 Jordan Weal (healthy), 26 Christian Folin (healthy), 41 Anthony Stolarz (IR, lower body), 37 Brian Elliott (IR, lower body), 10 Corban Knight (IR, collarbone), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

RED WINGS
14 Gustav Nyquist - 71 Dylan Larkin - 8 Justin Abdelkader
72 Andreas Athanasiou - 51 Frans Nielsen - 70 Christoffer Ehn
59 Tyler Bertuzzi - 41 Luke Glendening - 27 Michael Rasmussen
26 Thomas Vanek - 61 Jacob De La Rose - 42 Martin Frk

21 Dennis Cholowski - 83 Trevor Daley
55 Niklas Kronwall - 3 Nick Jensen
52 Jonathan Ericsson - 17 Filip Hronek

35 Jimmy Howard / 45 Jonathan Bernier

Scratches: 22 Wade Megan (healthy), 28 Luke Witkowski (healthy), 25 Mike Green (IR, lower body), 39 Anthony Mantha (IR, hand), 43 Darren Helm (IR, upper body), 65 Danny DeKeyser (healthy).

So Patrick goes from the 4th line center to the 1st interesting.

f**k i sit Mcdud is still going to be in the lineup....Gordon is not starting off on the right for foot for me...

...i do like Sanheim with Ivan. However Ghost gets a turnstile for a partner....SMFH.

Ghost -18 my how he has fallen off in a bad way....Jake Voracek -12!!!!!

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So Patrick goes from the 4th line center to the 1st interesting.

f**k i sit Mcdud is still going to be in the lineup....Gordon is not starting off on the right for foot for me...

...i do like Sanheim with Ivan. However Ghost gets a turnstile for a partner....SMFH.

Ghost -18 my how he has fallen off in a bad way....Jake Voracek -12!!!!!

Yeah, not a fan of Patrick up top, but I understand the thinking... it might be about to only way to wake him up. If he can't produce with those guys, something's wrong.

The biggest switch I would make is MacDud down with Hagg and Ghost with Gudas. 

Or put Folin back in for MacDud. 

Or put MacDud in Hak's overhead cargo bin. 

Well, suffice to say my expectations for tonight's game are below "low".

The Wings are "in theory" in "tear it down" mode yet they seem to skate and compete and been pretty frisky so far this year.

I don't have any hope for the "Gordon factor" to have any effect until after the holidays.

Then, well we'll see, he does favor going forward and attacking, so the games  might be more exciting to watch.

Depending on how it goes for young Carter Hart this could be the start of something big, or a taste of what's to come so he can see where he needs improvement.  Of all of our youngsters, I think he's best equipped to handle the bumble fucquery that has been the 18/19 Philadelphia Flyers and not be scarred for life. 

After Hart gets lit up tonight this board will have him labeled as a "bust" by 11pm this evening.  🤣

In all seriousness the only reason I am watching is to see Hart in net.  Outside of that I really have no interest in this waste of a season.   

12 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

After Hart gets lit up tonight this board will have him labeled as a "bust" by 11pm this evening.  🤣

In all seriousness the only reason I am watching is to see Hart in net.  Outside of that I really have no interest in this waste of a season.   

Pretty much.

The Flyers rank near the bottom in almost every important category, and there's just not much to watch. Patrick is frighteningly bad, Lindblom is barely playing, our goaltending is a farce, Ghost and Provorov look like they've been coached by MacDonald, their new coach is just another lame duck with an expiry date.

It's hard to get excited about an organization that has bungled almost everything since the moment Hextall was fired.... in fact, they bungled that too.

So bring on Carter Hart! 

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Yeah, not a fan of Patrick up top, but I understand the thinking... it might be about to only way to wake him up. If he can't produce with those guys, something's wrong.

The biggest switch I would make is MacDud down with Hagg and Ghost with Gudas. 

Or put Folin back in for MacDud. 

Or put MacDud in Hak's overhead cargo bin. 

My biggest concern is we know Giroux is a passer so those two combined and that leaves only TK to fire a puck on net.

Kid (Patrick) won't f**king shoot unless it's a perfect shot. He has 4 shots on goal the last 4 games.

That is terrible for a 2nd line center.

And yes sit Mcdud in the box making popcorn.

Let Folin and Ghost play together they played well the time I seen them together.

Mcdud brings zero value to this team.

12 minutes ago, brelic said:

Pretty much.

The Flyers rank near the bottom in almost every important category, and there's just not much to watch. Patrick is frighteningly bad, Lindblom is barely playing, our goaltending is a farce, Ghost and Provorov look like they've been coached by MacDonald, their new coach is just another lame duck with an expiry date.

It's hard to get excited about an organization that has bungled almost everything since the moment Hextall was fired.... in fact, they bungled that too.

So bring on Carter Hart! 

yup, that is about sums it up perfectly!

Hopefully we will start seeing the lineup solidify.  At this point I can't imagine how things could be any worse at the moment.  This season is lost and the circus is still talking place in the Wells Fargo Center.  The only thing I hold out hope is that some of these players start getting a chance (Lindy) and others start playing to their potential (Ghost, Provy, Jake, Simmer, etc...).

1 hour ago, intheslot said:

According to multiple Finnish language reports, Philadelphia Flyers forward Jori Lehtera has been charged for his involvement in a massive coacine smuggling ring in his native Finland.

there he's gone..

Jeez they took to long this should have happened 30 games ago.

5 hours ago, murraycraven said:

I won't. I will however question the thinking behind bringing up a young goalie who's just starting to figure out the AHL.

15 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I won't. I will however question the thinking behind bringing up a young goalie who's just starting to figure out the AHL.

right there with ya...   feel bad for this kid.  No easy task backing up this crew!

Well see what Gordon can do...how long before he bitch slaps Knoblach and Lappy?

“It’s gonna be a big challenge, absolutely, but I think he’s the right guy to do it,” said Robert Hägg, who played two seasons under Gordon in Lehigh Valley. “He’s gonna do it his way. Him and Dave are completely opposite of each other, I would say. Scott shows more emotion on the bench and in the dressing room and I think that’s what we need right now. We need something to spark. I think this will work good.”

We shall see.

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well see what Gordon can do...how long before he bitch slaps Knoblach and Lappy?

“It’s gonna be a big challenge, absolutely, but I think he’s the right guy to do it,” said Robert Hägg, who played two seasons under Gordon in Lehigh Valley. “He’s gonna do it his way. Him and Dave are completely opposite of each other, I would say. Scott shows more emotion on the bench and in the dressing room and I think that’s what we need right now. We need something to spark. I think this will work good.”

We shall see.

Your boys are favored in Vegas tonight.  And I took them on one small parlay.  Yikes.

Archived