Game 32: Red Wings at Flyers; 12/18 @ 7

Howie58

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Great Job Carter Hart..... Congrats on your 1st NHL Win!!!!!!

Carey Price's 1st game was a 3-2 win.

And on a side note have you ever seen a worse empty net goal scoring team than this year's Flyers?

12 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The first of what I hope is many victories for Carter Hart in a Flyers jersey. Very good all around effort by him, and one of their better games on defense this season. 

Ya know how I KNOW this kid is going to be good?

He went in there with the Rick jinx on him and shrugged it off and brought home the win!

Nothing earth shattering just made the saves he is suppose/excepted to.

Man if they can ever get this damn PP figured out.

1 for their last 25 now.

Yikes.

While it’s hard to get too excited as it was the Dead Wings, I did see a spring in their step that wasn’t their earlier in the year.  The atmosphere in the building was great too for a change.  I think the recent moves have had the desired effect of waking up the fans a bit.  It was fun cheering them off the ice at the end of all 3 periods rather than booing!

The team looked like they might be enjoying their craft.  They showed persistence.

A sample size of one is just that. But Hakstol must have "lost the locker room."  The Preds will be an interesting test.

I was actually excited to watch a Flyers game again! And they came through for the fans, for Hart, but most importantly, for themselves.

Man, I do NOT envy Fletcher this morning, who has been on record several times saying he wants to get a trade in before the freeze tonight at 11:59.

I mean, all the invisible players showed up last night - Ghost, Patrick, JVR, Simmonds. 

Also, Varone looked more than ok - he was the best player on the 4th line. 

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

I was actually excited to watch a Flyers game again! And they came through for the fans, for Hart, but most importantly, for themselves.

Man, I do NOT envy Fletcher this morning, who has been on record several times saying he wants to get a trade in before the freeze tonight at 11:59.

I mean, all the invisible players showed up last night - Ghost, Patrick, JVR, Simmonds. 

Also, Varone looked more than ok - he was the best player on the 4th line. 

I hope this pulls his finger back from the panic button.

Sure it's one game but bro no need to panic now.

Let it ride.

I still want to see Folin in the lineup over Mcdud but overall I like the lineup right now.

I have to save I think Varone has played pretty well and made Weal expendable.

So if he wants to make a trade I hope it's just to move someone out like a Weal to another team if for nothing more than a 3rd or 4th pick.

If....IF he can even find a taker.

Otherwise hold off on the goalie pursuit.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I hope this pulls his finger back from the panic button.

Sure it's one game but bro no need to panic now.

Let it ride.

I still want to see Folin in the lineup over Mcdud but overall I like the lineup right now.

I have to save I think Varone has played pretty well and made Weal expendable.

So if he wants to make a trade I hope it's just to move someone out like a Weal to another team if for nothing more than a 3rd or 4th pick.

If....IF he can even find a taker.

Otherwise hold off on the goalie pursuit.

Agreed. I think if there's a move today, it will be of the minor variety - not a core shakeup. Primarily because the pieces you need to get back in a "core" trade usually aren't available this time of year. 

However, I did hear this morning that Simmonds / Lyon for Pietrangelo is very much a thing. Who knows?

But then how do we goalie? 

11 minutes ago, brelic said:

And besides who would he even trade for?

Crawford is concussed.

Howard has a back injury.

Unless it would be a MAJOR move for Bob or a major dumb move for Quick I just can't see one going down for a goalie.

I think this is why he really wanted to see where Hart was at and i have to think he feels slightly better about the situation...not a lot but a little better about it.

No need to make a panicky move now.

They are only 9 points out of a wild card spot WITH two games in hand.

4 minutes ago, brelic said:

However, I did hear this morning that Simmonds / Lyon for Pietrangelo is very much a thing. Who knows?

Now I would do this in a heart beat.

Or I would do a Voracek/Lyon for AP.

I would do a Voracek/Hagg/Lyon for AP even.

Archived