Game 33: Predators at Flyers; 12/20 @7

Howie58

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Just because he braced him self

Yeah but when you watch the replayed he really din't brace himself....he stuck his hands out but it really didn't brace him at all...

...this isn't the best angle they had one last night from above you could tell he did not brace himself....this was a terrible NON call!!

Then he has to be taken off the ice for the concussion protocol....sooooo glad they didn't lose this game.

Went to the game last night with a client and some co-workers.  A few observations:

- What a difference in the crowd.  It was energetic, angry and engaged.  Not sure if it was apparent on TV, but it was noticeable in the stands.  

- When the Preds got shots off of cross-ice passes, Hart would already be in position to make the save on many occasions.  He is so athletic and controlled.  Also, he vacuums up shots and doesn't leave many rebounds.  Not sure where pucks are disappearing to when he gets them.  Must be a nice confidence booster for the skaters.

- JVR is a floater.  We already know that, but it's painful watching him skate in circles in the defensive zone with his stick off the ice.  He doesn't need to be Bob Gainey, but jeez...

- Really liked Couturier getting pissed off and in the refs faces a number of times last night.  I didn't see the Provorov push, but I will say that those types of things evidence a team that cares.  The refs pushed them to frustration last night.

- Hagg had a great game.  He had a big hit in the first period, blocked shots and was a monster on the PK.  With Provorov out, I think everyone expected the PK to let one in.  But it was Sanheim and Hagg to the rescue.  Good games by both of them.

- How about that PK?  Even killed the extra attacker in the last few minutes...

Good times.  Hope they continue.

7 minutes ago, vis said:

I didn't see the Provorov push

Wasn't that bad...but it's the Flyers and they boooed Santa one time and all...

Hart has given this club/fans life/hope!!!! His shoulder gets just a little bit of this one sending it into the post.

...this is a goal with any other Flyers goalie in net.

If they can have Hart on the Flyers for 3 years of his entry level deal it will give the Flyers a lot to spend elsewhere!!!

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah but when you watch the replayed he really din't brace himself....he stuck his hands out but it really didn't brace him at all...

...this isn't the best angle they had one last night from above you could tell he did not brace himself....this was a terrible NON call!!

Then he has to be taken off the ice for the concussion protocol....sooooo glad they didn't lose this game.

They showed on ice the ref explaining to g and simmer .. He made a motion that he braced him self before hitting the boards .. but it still was  a boarding call not made .

13 minutes ago, vis said:

How about that PK?  Even killed the extra attacker in the last few minutes...

This has been huge. And hey have one of the best PKers with a great goalie too help.

Man if they can ever just get this powerplay going they could be a legit threat in the East i think.

10 minutes ago, intheslot said:

still should have been called .

Oh without doubt....i was livid and then to turn around and call that ticky tacky bullsh it on Raffl....i was so pissed and yet thankful they overcame it all to get the win!!

1 minute ago, mkscrewy said:

one time we did boo Santa but that was because there were TWO Santas: one among the people and one prancing around on the zamboni like he was the queen of France.

I am just sooooooooooooooooooooooo tired about this whole story it's like any time they talk about Philly some moron has to bring this up again. Damn really it's like they can't find something new to talk about....nothing???

5 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

one time we did boo Santa but that was because there were TWO Santas: one among the people and one prancing around on the zamboni like he was the queen of France.

my answer to anyone who likes to bring this up is.

"That guy was stumbling drunk and had it coming to go even further...

It doesn't matter who you are if don't "come correct" Philadelphia will root you out for the fraud you are. 

more fan bases should act like us if you ask me. " 

I get a lot of blank stares from people when I say that in person. it's pretty fun. 

@OccamsRazor 

That Provorov push is pretty bad.  Can't do that.

Look how calm and collected Hart is on that rebound chance.  He moves so well.

That Couturier hit is ridiculous.  Flyers weren't getting any calls after Provorov pushed that linesman.

On the coots hit .... Just because he braced him self ,it was still  boarding not called ..

they sent him  off the ice to be checked out ..

added on .

Ivan Provorov said he sought out Ryan Daisy and apologized for what happened last night. Water under the bridge at this point.

So Gordon shares why he has different lineups in the morning skates than the game.

He doesn't want ANYONE to know what his lineup will be. I got nothing wrong with that.

Aslo:

He has already brought more planning adjustments in two games i seems than Hakstol had in his whole tenure.

27 minutes ago, intheslot said:

On the coots hit .... Just because he braced him self ,it was still  boarding not called ..

they sent him  off the ice to be checked out ..

added on .

Ivan Provorov said he sought out Ryan Daisy and apologized for what happened last night. Water under the bridge at this point.

Yes please review this it is time to start punishing these refs like the NFL does...and if it continues fire them like the NFL has done this year.

These players livelihood is at stake in this bad non calls.

Archived