Wild vs. Blackhawks 12/27/18 at United Center at 7:30CST

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Blackhawks Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (17-15-3)  37pts  in the Central

2.94 Goals For Per Game (16th in the NHL)

2.80 Goals Against Per Game (8th in the NHL)

23.1% Power Play (9th in the NHL)

86.7% Penalty Kill (2nd in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #64 Mikael Granlund ~ 11G 23A = 34pts

2. #11 Zach Parise ~ 15G 14A = 29pts

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 4G 22A = 26pts

4. #22 Eric Staal ~ 12G 11A = 23pts

5. #9 Mikko Koivu ~ 4G 17A = 21pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 23PIMs

2. #36 Nick Seeler ~ 22PIMs

3. #23 J.T. Brown ~ 22PIMs

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk ~ (12-12-3)   2.59GAA   .913SV%

2. #32 Alex Stalock ~ (5-3-0)   2.65GAA   .904SV%

Vs.

Chicago Blackhawks (13-19-6)  32pts  7th in the Central

2.85 Goals For Per Game (20th in the NHL)

3.69 Goals Against Per Game (30th in the NHL)

13.0% Power Play (30th in the NHL)

73.7% Penalty Kill (31st in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #88 Patrick Kane ~ 17G 27A = 44pts

2. #19 Jonathan Toews ~ 16G 16A = 32pts

3. #12 Alex DeBrincat ~ 17G 14A = 31pts

4. #20 Brandon Saad ~ 9G 11A = 20pts

5. #56 Erik Gustafsson ~ 8G 10A = 18pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #2 Duncan Keith ~ 54PIMs

2. #7 Brent Seabrook ~ 25PIMs

3. #14 Kris Kunitz ~ 19PIMs

Top Goaltenders:

1. #30 Cam Ward ~ (6-6-4)   3.90GAA   .886SV%

2. #60 Connor Delia ~ (1-0-0)   1.01GAA   .972SV%

I wrote up the game preview today, MNSOTA will be on the post-gamer this evening.  Now that we've had time to relax a bit it will be interesting to see how the Wild come out of the break after the news that Dumba's out at least 3 months if not longer.  This team SHOULD be inspired, because considering where they are in the standing this is a game this team has to win.  Chicago is atrocious defensively so that should be helpful for the Wild who are desperate to re-ignite their offense.  Spoiler alert for the post gamer, there is going to be a lot of Iowa Wild news in this one.  Enjoy and discuss!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, one good thing about the announcement that Dumba will be out for at least three months is that they can stop hoping he is coming back. Even if he comes back April 1, he'll be in no shape for the Playoffs...

Coyle, Niederreitter and Zucker need to get their act together in a hurry if this team has any shot at making the Playoffs...

2 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Well, one good thing about the announcement that Dumba will be out for at least three months is that they can stop hoping he is coming back. Even if he comes back April 1, he'll be in no shape for the Playoffs...

Coyle, Niederreitter and Zucker need to get their act together in a hurry if this team has any shot at making the Playoffs...

I would agree.  Guys can stop just biding their time before he returns.  But I swear if I hear Coyle tell us that this team just has to "get back to the basics" I might hop in the car and careen into a tree.  

Heard Russo on the radio saying the Wild don't have a 'finisher' like other teams do. Apparently he doesn't listen to LaPanta and Greenlay go on and on about how great Koivu is.

Russo probably also hasn't seen why the first player on the ice that coaches ((((year in and year out)))) keep rolling out there on Power Play's is Mikko Koivu.

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I would agree.  Guys can stop just biding their time before he returns.  But I swear if I hear Coyle tell us that this team just has to "get back to the basics" I might hop in the car and careen into a tree.  

Amazing how every year this team goes through a bad patch and then has to “get back to basics”. Shouldn’t they be playing that way all they time?

24 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Looks like the Wild are finally sending that bum Eriksson-Ek to Iowa...

Yes, it's about time! He may need confidence building, but IMO he needs alot more than that. He doesn't seem to have the skillset to be a centerman.

How has he survived as a center? Maybe in Sweden the center position has different responsibilities than in the rest of the world. I've always wondered what GMCF saw in this guy when he drafted him. 

27 points in 117 games. Just 183 shots with a 5.5 shooting percentage.

I'm thinking he may not be back anytime soon.

2 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

Heard Russo on the radio saying the Wild don't have a 'finisher' like other teams do. Apparently he doesn't listen to LaPanta and Greenlay go on and on about how great Koivu is.

Russo probably also hasn't seen why the first player on the ice that coaches ((((year in and year out)))) keep rolling out there on Power Play's is Mikko Koivu.

****, the Wild have never had a finisher except Marion. And possibly Guillaume Latendresse.

Archived