Wild vs. Blackhawks 12/27/18 at United Center at 7:30CST

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But regardless of the strength of the draft, the Wild and their scouts will still eff it up. I mean our first round guy from the 2018 draft is currenlt playing in the second tier league in Sweden........and he's pretty invisible there. If you're a first round pick, you better be lighting up that league so much that you get bumped up to the SEL.

2 minutes ago, Valentine1618 said:

Thank god I never I have to come back to this arena again. This song sucks!!!

It wouldn't be my favorite place to see an away game either.  That song has to have helped their home record over the years.

Wild extend losing streak to 5 games in 5-2 loss to Chicago

Here is is the post-game autopsy for this one as written up by MNSOTA.  Lots of shots, but the totals are deceptive.  The Wild had lots of worthless perimeter shots with no traffic in front of Delia at all.  When the Wild did work in close they'd miss the puck or miss the net altogether.  Zucker had two big misses on near open nets and Nino fanned on at least 5-6 pucks tonight while in a scoring area.  Staal got a goal, but he was pretty sluggish most of the night...lots of standing around.  Kunin skates around but he doesn't do too much; and isn't generating shots.  The Wild thwarted so many of their own rushes tonight with either a bad pass or an ill-advised one.  Especially in the 2nd period where the game got away from Minnesota.  Wonder how much longer Fenton is going to wait and assess his team before he decides to cut bait and start shipping off players.  Spurgeon played small and weak defensively tonight.  Beyond the recap there is a ton of Iowa Wild news in this post-gamer as well as some news on Kaprizov and Svetlakov.  Enjoy!  

9 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

But regardless of the strength of the draft, the Wild and their scouts will still eff it up. I mean our first round guy from the 2018 draft is currenlt playing in the second tier league in Sweden........and he's pretty invisible there. If you're a first round pick, you better be lighting up that league so much that you get bumped up to the SEL.

First round material right there...has a team worst -13. Leksands IF is in the middle of the pack of the second tier Allsvenskan league.

image.thumb.png.d445e6567316da9d918a08d36fa71fee.png

9 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Wild extend losing streak to 5 games in 5-2 loss to Chicago

Here is is the post-game autopsy for this one as written up by MNSOTA.  Lots of shots, but the totals are deceptive.  The Wild had lots of worthless perimeter shots with no traffic in front of Delia at all.  When the Wild did work in close they'd miss the puck or miss the net altogether.  Zucker had two big misses on near open nets and Nino fanned on at least 5-6 pucks tonight while in a scoring area.  Staal got a goal, but he was pretty sluggish most of the night...lots of standing around.  Kunin skates around but he doesn't do too much; and isn't generating shots.  The Wild thwarted so many of their own rushes tonight with either a bad pass or an ill-advised one.  Especially in the 2nd period where the game got away from Minnesota.  Wonder how much longer Fenton is going to wait and assess his team before he decides to cut bait and start shipping off players.  Spurgeon played small and weak defensively tonight.  Beyond the recap there is a ton of Iowa Wild news in this post-gamer as well as some news on Kaprizov and Svetlakov.  Enjoy!  

He's pretty handcuffed there. I know they've been dangling Coyle out there, but Coyle is an average player and wont generate much in return. Maybe a third round pick and a middling prospect. I know they were trying to trade Niederreitter in the off-season but GM's were scared off by his $5M salary for what he brings to the table. Everybody else has a NTC/NMC of some sort. Granlund would bring a decent return, but if you're trying to get into the Playoffs, do you really want to trade your top scorer? Maybe they move Staal in January. Some Playoff bound team would probably want him. But again, do you really want to be moving one of your top scorers if you're trying to make the Playoffs?

I have to believe in resurrection now.

It's become clear that Boudreau's previous life he was Chuck Barris.

Last night's show looked like a rerun but we were treated to a few new acts.

-The classic 1st period Outshoot-Outchance and yet tied 1-1.

-Nino, aka the unknown comic, Continued to stumble and bumble around.

-Zucker (even after he finally scored last game after how many great chances ) continues to screw up opportunities.

Both are liabilities to their lines imo.

-The secret is out around the league. Start your back up or the back up to the back up goalie vs the Wild.

Have we beaten anyone this year who start their back up? Once maybe?

-Stalock felt the need to join in with his 2 mental boneheaded plays. I threw my arms up in disgust before the ref did on the Dog, And the 2nd was right there in the same class as Dubnyk's play a week earlier.

-The finale, Barris...ummm  .....Boudreau pulls Stalock with 3 1/2 minutes left only results in more opportunities for Chicago and the kicker was to call a time out so he could keep those same dolts out there. LMFAO

We may have out shot them by a large margin but when it counted with our Great scoring chances not 1 was on goal. Zucker's 'miss' was the Clown Jewel.

This is how I looked about 30 seconds into the 2nd.... 

..TLJ look.jpg

These clowns, Dubnyk and Stalock, are not getting it done. Call up Kahkonen, he had yet another impressive SO.

In any case don't let Dubnyk start - might as well trade him. And while you're at it Fenton, trade Nino too and tell him to take with him his non-scoring and non-existent defensive play.

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

He's pretty handcuffed there. I know they've been dangling Coyle out there, but Coyle is an average player and wont generate much in return. Maybe a third round pick and a middling prospect. I know they were trying to trade Niederreitter in the off-season but GM's were scared off by his $5M salary for what he brings to the table. Everybody else has a NTC/NMC of some sort. Granlund would bring a decent return, but if you're trying to get into the Playoffs, do you really want to trade your top scorer? Maybe they move Staal in January. Some Playoff bound team would probably want him. But again, do you really want to be moving one of your top scorers if you're trying to make the Playoffs?

The one thing I have been saying for some time, this team is handcuffed to way to many players that provide very little in return. The guys we can trade are not going to net anything in return. Nino and his contract are a joke. What team is going to want Coyle? Staal is only going to get you a third round pick at best as his production has dropped big time, he is mid 30s and this is his last year on his contract. Zucker has been pretty bad and wouldn't net much either for what he could possible do. Granlund is about the only carrot. Do we trade one of our few guys that have been consistent the last few seasons and is young enough we can build up with him in the picture?

The biggest issue is the effect of CF. He turned a snowball into a boulder. From bad drafting, not developing players, draft picks for rental players, bad contracts for has been names, etc. There isn't a winning atmosphere in that locker room. We see it all the time. The NMC/NTC contracts have made to many players comfortable. Those should only go to actually superstars that show the drive to win. Otherwise every player should be aware that the lack of play can result in them being released.

The game last night was a complete team lost. Blame Dubnyk for sure but everybody else deserves equal blame. But this is a typical thing for the Wild. Why isn't it a typical thing for other teams? It's because players on those teams want to win and are being held responsible. CL wants to be a Jerry Jones type of owner which is the worst thing for any sports team. Step away, tell players to complain to the GM or shut up and allow the GM to run the team. If the GM gets rid of a player you like as a owner, o well, let him do what's best for the team.

I wish I could say last night was a eye opener but at this point it's just a common trend of this team. This team is in desperate need of change. We are basically going to be forced to say bye to fan favorites or deal with the same results every season until they are all gone. I still stand by that they not only do not get 100 points this season but they don't make the playoffs.

2 hours ago, EJ0226 said:

The one thing I have been saying for some time, this team is handcuffed to way to many players that provide very little in return.

There isn't a winning atmosphere in that locker room. We see it all the time. The NMC/NTC contracts have made to many players comfortable. Those should only go to actually superstars that show the drive to win. Otherwise every player should be aware that the lack of play can result in them being released.

The game last night was a complete team lost.

But this is a typical thing for the Wild. Why isn't it a typical thing for other teams? It's because players on those teams want to win and are being held responsible.

I wish I could say last night was a eye opener but at this point it's just a common trend of this team.

^ Took some great points people have hashed over for years with this Club.

-

My rant: Not necessarily to anyone (but the Wild and too many of their fans.)

Welcome to "What's in the water" with the Minnesota Wild. Sadly though "What's in the water" isn't limited to just the Wild. It spans across just about every professional sports team in Minnesota and includes the biggest college in Minnesota too (the University of Minnesota's Golden Gophers.) It also doesn't include women's pro sports teams; the Minnesota Lynx to be exact, nor women's sports teams from the U of M (Gophers.)

More vastly recognized are the fan bases of each those teams and the inexcusable ignorance they groom themselves with while being foolish, gullible and flat out stupid. More exclusively I'm taking aim at wanna-be experts who attempt to point out reasons (excuses) of why none of these sports teams are successful.

Over eight years I pointed out the Wild aren't successful because every player they acquire aren't supposed to outshine the owners best player on the team... And that's been Mikko Koivu. He IS the bar for what this team is looking for and any player they add to their roster (for whatever reason) are not supposed to grow and/or be better than him. It's been argued I'm wrong, but season after season with all the vehement words slung my way... He's still the only player (person) on the Wild roster since the team drafted him and began grooming him to be their superstar. But he broke his leg partway into the process and ever since then he's played like a scared rabbit. A chicken, a yellow coward, the 'bar' for all other players.

Did anyone see Kunin race down ice with a prime opportunity for a shot and he instead passed it over to Parise? Every damn young player on this team for years has conceded opportunity after opportunity to be a breakout player and instead dumped the puck off to 'who they're supposed to dump the puck off to.'

Point being: They aren't supposed to shine!

LISTEN TO THE GAME ANNOUNCERS! All they do is promote a fist full of has-been players well out of their prime and beyond them sucking up the joint (they lost all their will, drive and determination) all those stupid, cow-toeing youngsters get the carpet yanked out from other for not stepping up.

Is anyone else with me regarding being sick and tired of hearing: (Fill in the blank) needs to step up! Step up my ass! Step in front of me and I'll put a boot up your ass. Get the hell out of my way while I slap the sh!t out of some of these snotty little rich kids who take money to the bank whether they win or lose, and cowardly throw one cliche after another out there as they attempt to act like they give a sh!t.

Players that give a sh!t don't think - they react. When this teams lands a player who reacts (plays with piss and vinegar) they dump their ass in the pressbox saying they aren't playing the game right.

Case in point: What Wild players have reached their potential? Who do you believe can play better, have shown they can play better, and instead aren't reaffirming the level of which they've previously shown; and why is that? WHAT / or rather, WHO is breaking their spirit? Why is that water the same old sh!t people are proudly (blindly) bringing to the Xcel Energy Center?

Irony? Can I say IRONY??

They don't want your filthy water, they want your filthy money! (Damn fools sold out to a stupid marketing ploy to nowhere.)

2 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

-

Welcome to "What's in the water" with the Minnesota Wild. Sadly though "What's in the water" isn't limited to just the Wild. It spans across just about every professional sports team in Minnesota and includes the biggest college in Minnesota too (the University of Minnesota's Golden Gophers.) It also doesn't include women's pro sports teams; the Minnesota Lynx to be exact, nor women's sports teams from the U of M (Gophers.)

More vastly recognized are the fan bases of each those teams and the inexcusable ignorance they groom themselves with while being foolish, gullible and flat out stupid. More exclusively I'm taking aim at wanna-be experts who attempt to point out reasons (excuses) of why none of these sports teams are successful.

Over eight years I pointed out the Wild aren't successful because every player they acquire aren't supposed to outshine the owners best player on the team... And that's been Mikko Koivu. He IS the bar for what this team is looking for and any player they add to their roster (for whatever reason) are not supposed to grow and/or be better than him. It's been argued I'm wrong, but season after season with all the vehement words slung my way... He's still the only player (person) on the Wild roster since the team drafted him and began grooming him to be their superstar. But he broke his leg partway into the process and ever since then he's played like a scared rabbit. A chicken, a yellow coward, the 'bar' for all other players.

Did anyone see Kunin race down ice with a prime opportunity for a shot and he instead passed it over to Parise? Every damn young player on this team for years has conceded opportunity after opportunity to be a breakout player and instead dumped the puck off to 'who they're supposed to dump the puck off to.'

LISTEN TO THE GAME ANNOUNCERS! All they do is promote a fist full of has-been players well out of their prime and beyond them sucking up the joint (they lost all their will, drive and determination) all those stupid, cow-toeing youngsters get the carpet yanked out from other for not stepping up.

Is anyone else with me regarding being sick and tired of hearing: (Fill in the blank) needs to step up! Step up my ass! Step in front of me and I'll put a boot up your ass. Get the hell out of my way while I slap the sh!t out of some of these snotty little rich kids who take money to the bank whether they win or lose, and cowardly throw one cliche after another out there as they attempt to act like they give a sh!t.

Players that give a sh!t don't think - they react. When this teams lands a player who reacts (plays with piss and vinegar) they dump their ass in the pressbox saying they aren't playing the game right.

Case in point: What Wild players have reached their potential? Who do you believe can play better, have shown they can play better, and instead aren't reaffirming the level of which they've previously shown; and why is that? WHAT / or rather, WHO is breaking their spirit? Why is that water the same old sh!t people are proudly (blindly) bringing to the Xcel Energy Center?

Irony? Can I say IRONY??

They don't want your filthy water, they want your filthy money! (Damn fools sold out to a stupid marketing ploy to nowhere.)

Exactly Rotty. Sounds far fetched except if you’ve followed the team for a few years. 

11 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

-

Irony? Can I say IRONY??

Rant and rave all you want about some of the BS that goes on around this team , but really the bottom line is the Wild never has had and still doesn't have the horses to get it done.

They lack a #1 center, a scorer--preferrably a big, good skating winger who can score(the most coveted NHL player IMO), and enough players that are willing to mix it up--get onto the areas on the ice where goals are to be had. You could say the Wild lacks grit. Or enough gritty players. Some guys are ok in this regard. 

And as a group, their defensemen are too small. Spurgeon's a pretty good player, but he lacks the size(strength?) to knock anybody off the puck, IMO a necessary skill for a defenseman. 

The Wild have been this way for several seasons and IMO the makeup of this team is the reason they haven't had postseason success.

Not because of Mikko Koivu. 

16 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

I have to believe in resurrection now.

It's become clear that Boudreau's previous life he was Chuck Barris.

Last night's show looked like a rerun but we were treated to a few new acts.

-The classic 1st period Outshoot-Outchance and yet tied 1-1.

-Nino, aka the unknown comic, Continued to stumble and bumble around.

-Zucker (even after he finally scored last game after how many great chances ) continues to screw up opportunities.

Both are liabilities to their lines imo.

-The secret is out around the league. Start your back up or the back up to the back up goalie vs the Wild.

Have we beaten anyone this year who start their back up? Once maybe?

-Stalock felt the need to join in with his 2 mental boneheaded plays. I threw my arms up in disgust before the ref did on the Dog, And the 2nd was right there in the same class as Dubnyk's play a week earlier.

-The finale, Barris...ummm  .....Boudreau pulls Stalock with 3 1/2 minutes left only results in more opportunities for Chicago and the kicker was to call a time out so he could keep those same dolts out there. LMFAO

We may have out shot them by a large margin but when it counted with our Great scoring chances not 1 was on goal. Zucker's 'miss' was the Clown Jewel.

This is how I looked about 30 seconds into the 2nd.... 

..TLJ look.jpg

Grrrrr...

Archived