Game 39: Flyers at Predators; 1/1/19 @ 8:30

Howie58

4 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

I’d rather be at work.

Well I am. And i am not watching this sh it show.

I am just watching the lowlights after they score.

That 3rd one was a horrible one as well good to see Ghost step but then his partner let's the pass go right back in front of Neuvy for the easy shot because once again the forwards don't want to help out.

Man it gets old. And was that Rinaldo who helped set that up?

10 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Come on, Fletcher. How do you not know that half of your team is crap, and most of the other hslf is playing like it?

He may know that.

And you may know that.

And I may know that.

What do you think professional GMs are willing to part with to acquire these "assets"?

16 minutes ago, radoran said:

What do you think professional GMs are willing to part with to acquire these "assets"?

BINGO!

Hextall should have traded Simmer this summer while there was still a shadow of a doubt he might be able to play and actually be useful.

The good news on him, worst case scenario is they can just walk away from him if they can't move him after this year.

However there is still the issue of Mcdud and Weise who I might consider one if not both to the buyout options.

Not so much for the capspace maybe but just so you can free up the contracts.

With so many kids coming in next year from juniors and college you may need the contract space can't say for sure I haven't glance at where they are in that area right now.

Plus they could need some space for free agency too.

Need to sacrifice 2 an extent,this season.  OUT...AMAC,WEISE,ELLIOT,NEUVY,SIMMONDS ,RAFFL,LEHTERA,GUDAS,VORACEK.  SOME WE CAN TRADE.  BRING UP MYERS ,MORIN WHEN HEALTHY,ABLE KUBEL ,LEIER ,VECCHIONE,VORBYEV.  LETS SEE. 

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Neuvy is showing the brain dead forwards how to back check....

😁

Or: Provorov is showing Neuvy how to play goal? Which is about as Flyer as you can get.

6 hours ago, danlcat said:

Need to sacrifice 2 an extent,this season.  OUT...AMAC,WEISE,ELLIOT,NEUVY,SIMMONDS ,RAFFL,LEHTERA,GUDAS,VORACEK.  SOME WE CAN TRADE.  BRING UP MYERS ,MORIN WHEN HEALTHY,ABLE KUBEL ,LEIER ,VECCHIONE,VORBYEV.  LETS SEE. 

Sorry to be the guy pissing on your parade, but your moves don't make the team any different than it is today. Honestly I am sorry. You gotta gut it and build with the draft and top prospects you can obtain by trading the top of the roster.

9 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Sorry to be the guy pissing on your parade, but your moves don't make the team any different than it is today. Honestly I am sorry. You gotta gut it and build with the draft and top prospects you can obtain by trading the top of the roster.

Trading Jake's overpaid arse saves millions of dollars in cap room for another player. Call it addition by subtraction.

59 minutes ago, intheslot said:

Closed door meeting players only .

G is suk 

PP is suk

PK is suk .

nothing changed .... 

They Suk .

strip G of the C ..

52 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Problem is.. if Giroux is stripped of the captaincy, it might have a ripple effect. He might demand a trade.

Question is.....who would you give it to?  With this mess of a team, I'd be hard pressed to choose someone.....

Greetings:

This was a defining loss. It isn't for lack of effort. We compete.  We just don't have talent necessary for winning against the league's best.  We beat these folks in a goalie show last time.  That may be the only way we win...a superb goalie performance. Otherwise, we simply don't have the troops. Sad.

it's hard to win even with a superb goalie when you don't score any goals. i didn't see a remarkable amount of effort last night. i did see a lot of fluttered shots from the perimeter either at Saros's chest or wide of the goal that led to loss of possession and the puck immediately going the opposite direction. 

4 hours ago, fan4ever said:

Question is.....who would you give it to?  With this mess of a team, I'd be hard pressed to choose someone.....

Andrew Macdonald he obviously is the glue that holds this turd together....so WTF not??

It may help him in his Norris trophy run.....

...Lose for Hughes!!!!!!!!! :beer:

17 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well I am. And i am not watching this sh it show.

I am just watching the lowlights after they score.

That 3rd one was a horrible one as well good to see Ghost step but then his partner let's the pass go right back in front of Neuvy for the easy shot because once again the forwards don't want to help out.

Man it gets old. And was that Rinaldo who helped set that up?

I'm not saying that Rinaldo adds any value to the preds, but I think it's funny how an elite team in the league will give him playing time, yet the entire flyer fanbase thought hextall was a God for getting rid of him.  I guess the fans know better though.

Archived